It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new crusade against Muslims is upon us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No, I thought I talked about Christians and his church that is Roman (but warrior!)

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

Anyone else find it curious how moslems and western apologists have tried to repackage the word "jihad" to make it sound more pleasant (although incorrect), yet when Bush used the term "crusade" a few years ago these same people had a sh&%fit.

because crusade is defined as:

often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.
A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.
A vigorous concerted movement for a cause or against an abuse

depends which definition was intended, ps were you calling me an apologist? not clear what you meant.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchy
No, I thought I talked about Christians and his church that is Roman (but warrior!)

the roman church is the catholic church.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I dont mean to bust in on this right wing'n chanting session but i do believe otts has some serious questions and perspectives that need to be looked upon without political bias, i and many other people do see the US as a country that got hit hard....and as a result have become a little deranged in their views and position in world affairs, you need to have a little more respect for other cultures and other countries regardless of a few fundementalists that live there.

Sure they killed people from your country, but you have made life hell for them throughout the years, and the quicker you accept this the quicker things may move foward.

For the love of god, please stop with the moronic flag waving mentality.

-signed

The Pinko-Commies America Hating Crying Eagle Terrorist Loving people of the world.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry Electric, I personally did not make their life hell. That would be the dictators in their own country that did this. Stop blaming all Americans for problems. Its like blaming all muslims for terrorism which I do not do. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Alchy, I have read your post and several others you have made that say almost exactly the same thing. Ya, I know. Hitler's banker. Bush Church. Romans and such. Yeah Yeah, you said that already.

There are plenty of Bush hater threads full of people who will be more than happy to hear anything bad you wish to say about our President. That is not what this topic is about.

Please stay on topic.

Here is the response I feel your post deserves:

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Ambient Sound]

Information you need to understand what is done since a long time. Really those american threads are not informed at all, do you live in the world or in your world killing others and make money?

Lot of love too, friends, but I know you are to hate the world and europ first...

Christian Nazi crusade... for oil, money and white race only.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
I dont mean to bust in on this right wing'n chanting session but i do believe otts has some serious questions and perspectives that need to be looked upon without political bias, i and many other people do see the US as a country that got hit hard....and as a result have become a little deranged in their views and position in world affairs, you need to have a little more respect for other cultures and other countries regardless of a few fundementalists that live there.

Sure they killed people from your country, but you have made life hell for them throughout the years, and the quicker you accept this the quicker things may move foward.

umm right, who are you directing that to?

first muslim extremists have been attacking the west for decades, they have been in a life of hell due to their own aggression and hostility, dont blame us for responding to it, blame them for how they have treated the west for so many years, even the crusades were in response to muslim oppression and aggression.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.
A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.
A vigorous concerted movement for a cause or against an abuse

depends which definition was intended, ps were you calling me an apologist? not clear what you meant.

Well, considering the Pope has not sanctioned such an activity, I highly doubt Bush was refering to that. It seems Bush himself has been lulled into this "Islam is peaceful" mindset, so why he'd say otherwise in public doesn't make sense. The Crusades are a historical event, and typical English usage reflects that. A crusade is a moral cause, religious in nature or not.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

the roman church is the catholic church.

I know! You don't want too understand it is about Christians only

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
the terrorists that the USA are targeting are muslims. you havent seen the US go after the IRA lately. i do not believe that all muslims are terrorists, and i dont believe that all terrorists are muslim, but i do believe that the only terrorists the USA are after are muslim. USA considers this a "war against terror", their enemy consider it a religious war, a jihad. even if moderate muslims do not engage in terrorist activities, they are more than likely to sympathize with the terrorists as its part of their religion. and meanwhile the terrorists will be doing everything they can to recruit more muslims to fight their cause.

so that leaves the question, which muslims are part of it in one way or another, and which ones arent? theres no way to tell.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well, considering the Pope has not sanctioned such an activity, I highly doubt Bush was refering to that. It seems Bush himself has been lulled into this "Islam is peaceful" mindset, so why he'd say otherwise in public doesn't make sense. The Crusades are a historical event, and typical English usage reflects that. A crusade is a moral cause, religious in nature or not.

i think you confuse what im saying, im not saying he meant a religious crusade.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The crusade isn't Christian against Muslim.

75% of the world's refugees are Muslims who have had to flee from other Muslims.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Anyway, John Paul II told Bush that what he was doing is not Christian at all and told him not to talk about having seen God because it can't be true and seems to be a heavy lie to murder Islam and get oil only...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdasd12345
the terrorists that the USA are targeting are muslims. you havent seen the US go after the IRA lately.

THe IRA does not target the US or US civilians

so that leaves the question, which muslims are part of it in one way or another, and which ones arent? theres no way to tell.

There is a very big difference between making hateful comments and actually committing an act. One of wonderful things about Western civilization that most Muslims seem to embrace.

The US and Britain have made it very clear that this is not a move against Islam but only those who chose to harm the West.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No, I wasn't directing anything specifically toward you. All I'm saying is there are a lot of disingenuous people out there trying to say jihad is a peaceful term (linguistic revisionism), yet saying Bush using the word crusade meant he sought a Holy War in the truest sense of the word.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Anyway, John Paul II told Bush that what he was doing is not Christian at all and told him not to talk about having seen God because it can't be true and seems to be a heavy lie to murder Islam and get oil only...

right, where do you get this from? and when did bush say he saw god? and how is islam being murdered?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Stop blaming all Americans for problems. Its like blaming all muslims for terrorism which I do not do. You can't have it both ways.

Im not, im half American myself, can you seriously sit there and tell me that the US and other wealthy capatilist countries have not fu*cked the middle east throughout the years or used them as pawns for financial or political gain?

Step back and look at the big picture and see things from both perspectives...even from the arabic people and the extreamists side.

Im not trying to be a di*k or direct those comments to anyone personly, im just seeing lots of people being spoon fed fear and ignorence here in Australia by our own media and we are starting to follow the US in adopting over patriotic opinions blindly without question or even consideration of what the evil arabs are angry for.

You have to realise that your past and present govenments lack of morals and respect are the cause of many problems in the world today, and knee-jerk reactions to terrorist attacks and current world issues are not intelligent ways for the self proclaimed "leaders of the free world" to go about doing things. This has gone off topic far enough

[edit on 23-6-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No, I wasn't directing anything specifically toward you. All I'm saying is there are a lot of disingenuous people out there trying to say jihad is a peaceful term (linguistic revisionism), yet saying Bush using the word crusade meant he sought a Holy War in the truest sense of the word.

oh, well by definition they both mean the same really, holy war and a fight against a wrong, so it depends what is inferred.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by namehere]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
heres a question. what would of happened if the christians whiped out the muslims in the crusades?

i dunno, its just something that came to my head while reading on this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The crusade isn't Christian against Muslim.

75% of the world's refugees are Muslims who have had to flee from other Muslims.

Ridiculous and dangerous, this is not true. In an other way, every muslim countries were colonized by whites in the end, then muslims, blacks, asians fleed away because of the situation we brought in their. We all travel too!
But I won't go to America, too racist for me, I'm european and I though we were the best in racism.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join