It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Destruction of Modern America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
tarpley.net...-1849

"Many people in the United States mistakenly believe that the standard of living and amenities which they still enjoy are somehow the automatic result of their own merits, or else simply self-evident. Such illusory beliefs are tragically wrong. Such benefits as the eight hour day, the 40 hour week, the child labor laws, worker’s compensation, the minimum wage, and the social safety net composed of unemployment insurance, food stamps, and Social Security disability payments are all the direct result of mass political struggles waged by the US labor movement. If it had been left up to the so-called “free market,” none of these benefits would prevail today. The lesson is that mass organization and mass struggle deliver human progress, and not the mythologized and fetishized “free market.”

The level of civilization enjoyed in the United States today is the heritage of times when trade unions were much stronger, and a much larger percentage of the workforce unionized than is today the case. Today US unions have about 16 million members representing 12.4% of the workforce, the lowest proportion since 1932. At the end of World War II, 36% of US workers had a union. In the private sector today, only 7.6% of workers are unionized. The public sector is somewhat better off, with 37% unionization, and these are precisely the unions that are now subjected to raving assaults by the reactionary Republicans, the Tea Party fanatics, think tanks bankrolled by finance capital, and neo-feudal ideologues."

tarpley.net...-1849

INFOREAL:

The US because of Republican conservative policies, and the so-called progressives like Obama and Bill Clinton who have sold out to money interests, will likely destroy the country or cripple it. The above article tells us one reason why this is occurring is due to the deliberate destruction of the labor movement.

Genuine humane societies in Europe, Japan and other patrs of the world [ even China will soon outdo the US] with national health care for the population and decent labor rights have left the US behind in all post modern statistics that gage the society’s services to its people. For example the top ten cities in the world to live in has no American city in it, in fact no US city is no where near the top.

www.forbes.com...

This is due to the wise and relatively human treatment that some post modern countries have done compared to the darkness and depraved philosophy of republican conservatism that is wholly owned by the wealthy and used to maintain poverty and bring us back to feudal conditions.
These conservatives NEVER really have contributed anything to modern progress. They only do wars, regressive reaction to progress and personal freedom [anti-abortion] and support for draconian laws like the patriot act, but never ever are there any truly innovative ideas from the so called conservative republicans.

All they do is react or counter react to modern progress as they do for example to national health care [something that ALL CIVILIZED COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD HAVE].

They are reactionaries who only desire to keep the rich richer and make the US population subservient.
It is no coincidence that their greatest strength comes from those in the South who still are fighting the civil war.

edit on 21-9-2010 by inforeal because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Wow, is there a button that you didn't try to push?

Next question... when are you leaving for one of these really great cities?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think "modern" America (policies and culture) NEEDS to be destroyed.

Progressive America of today needs to be destroyed and restored to Constitutional America.

edit on 21-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: no

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Taking a look at German history, they had a form of social security back in 1914, health care, and a labour office for workers to check to see what jobs where available.
Britain did not have universal health care until 1946! And the doctors hated it, for a while.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
tarpley.net...-1849

They are reactionaries who only desire to keep the rich richer and make the US population subservient.
It is no coincidence that their greatest strength comes from those in the South who still are fighting the civil war.

edit on 21-9-2010 by inforeal because: typo

I hate to break it to them but the North was controlled by the Republican party while the South were heavily Democratic. They have that bit backwards.

As for the article premise I cannot disagree. I think that Conservative Republicans are pretty much reactionary warmongers who work hard to make the rich richer. As for the Dems, they do the same thing while throwing tidbits to the very poor. Both parties now work for the rich as they are controlled by lobbyists that represent corporate interests, not the interests of the people necessarily.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Asktheanimals because: improper formatting

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You are completely correct. Let those who argue with you go and do their own research. The biggest problem is that America never ever got over the massive propaganda war that was the MacCarthy era. Still the UK got some of tghe best actors like Sam Wananmaker!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The conservatives amaze me. They have not one argument in favor of the logic of their philosophy.

Just look at modern American history and check and attempt to find any thing conservativism ever did to progress the American society.

All they do is react to progress.

They want to destroy social security

Deny the people of the country health care [UNLIKE EVERY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!]

Take away or cut unemployment insurance.

Destroy unions

Add to the military budget

Cut taxes for the rich

Give welfare to corporations

Move manufacturing jobs overseas [ liberals or democrats are also guilty of this]

All they have is the empty rhetoric of

Taking back American values.

Just what are those long lost values?

Folks should read the excellent op-ed I quoted from Tarpley.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

wow man

1. what has any conservative done for the american society? by helping the evil rich people and corporations stay in this country so you people will have a job a bank so you can go get a loan house,car etc. keep those people who make all those cool little gadgets that americans just cant live without ipods,xboxs,ps3s etc.

2. they react to progress because of your school of thought that people cant have every thing they want and who do not even want to work for it they all want it given to them.

3. social security its nothing but dependency its nothing but poverty it has done nothing nothing but keep people down and enslaved so why shouldnt it be destroyed. if a person saved and invested and planned to take care of themselves social security isnt need, but no it is a tool of the slave masters the democrats.

4. healthcare every single job i have ever had in my life has had healthcare and if healthcare is so important then go buy it yourself. but wait you do now its law . but then again much like every of social ideals or values you want it given to you and free.

5 yes take away unemployment insurance why the hell are we paying for people not to work let them just sit on their azzes and get paid for nothing. heres a thought create jobs so they will acutally start paying taxes and instead getting paid by taxes.

6 destroying unions or limiting and caping unions yes you are doing nothing but trading one slave master for another. why the hell do businesses even exist? to make money jobs leave this country for the simple fact its too expensive here and unions are " pricing themselves out of existences"

7 add to the military budget yes and it needs to be for the simple fact as long as this nation exists there are those in the world who seek to destroy it without a miiltary you would be speaking german or russian or god knows whatever else.

8 cut taxes for the rich yes again for the simple fact no middle class or poor person creates or gives jobs to people.

9 give welfare to corporations after the overhead and the taxes and the regulations and the unions and the insurance and everything they half to pay out they have to for the simple fact they didnt there would be no jobs here .

10. moving jobs overseas is a product of liberal greed, taxes, regulations and unions all all created this situation and by your supporting them you are part of them problems. you look at china or india the simple fact their economies have grown as large and great as they are currently is because they have a friendler business enviroment- that is something serverly lacking here.

just what are those long last values:

what an ameican use to be is a self reliant self sufficient and worked and saved for what they wanted.
they never asked for a handout and sure the hell never took one.
the only people they ever counted on was themselves and noone else.

they worked for it
they earned it

something t his generations has no conception of because its the "i want it now mentailty"

give give give not earn not work and no sacrifice

from the pilgrims of plymouth rock to the 13 colonies of american to the westward expansion of america they careved out their lives with their own two hands and there was no government that was going to do squat for them.

that is restoring america to what it once was it was a about self not the selfishness that is rampant in america today.

edit on 21-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Add to the military budget? Get rid of Social Security, cut taxes for the rich and give welfare to corporations? And America should be more like China and India "because they have a friendlier business environment"? Friendlier business environment? It's called lower standards of living, lack of respect for human rights and non-existent environmental protection laws.

Are you getting paid to post this drivel or do you honestly believe it? Wow...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

LOL

benefits.

Thank the god man invented prisons, firearms, and fiat currency.

Without them, the State wouldn't be able to provide those "benefits" which are graciously paid for by hard working wage earners being looted at gun point.

edit on 21-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

do you have any idea the cost of what it takes to run a military? do you have any idea who many billions of dollars it takes in development and research and infrastructure it takes to build cutting edging technology? you can not build a system and sit on it for 50 years and expect it to useful infact it will be worthless for the simple fact to save american lives and the us government has the responsibility to protect you morons and when you send americans in harms way YOU DO not want a weapons system built by the lowest builder and made in taiwan.

military technology develops at a astounding pace you make a system its outdated because there are other people in the world doing the same thing it is a non stop battle to do so.

and without the military that is exactly like releasing convicts and getting rid of all the police then where is your safe little world.

apparantely you do not know anyone living on social security THEY LIVE IN POVERTY they are nothing but dependent on the whims of politicians. god forbid anyone actually take responsibility for yourselves hell why when theres always someone to do everything for you.

tell me why do business leave america then ? with the non stop vilification of them who the hell pays you? that person living on social security? no. IT IS YOUR GREED and people who think like you.

how many people do you employ? how much taxes do you pay? how much insurance pay? how many regulations do you have that tell you how to run your business? huh ?

the drivel sir is you and apparently your wantingly and willful denial of just why your life is just so "aweful"

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You sound like a warmonger.

Since we have a 2nd amendment, we don't need a standing army.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

mem come on man dont make me lose repsect for you.

the second ammendent is useless and we both know it for the simple fact if a civil war would just so happen this day the feds are better armed and better trained than any miltia will ever be.

a milita doesnt have automatic weapons ,rocket launchers,tanks,missiles,bombers,tanks and so on and so forth more over some do having the necessary training but not enough to make a difference.

if you really think the second ammendment and militas would work take a good look at the us civil war.

the south was outclassed and outgunned and outresourced.

without the us military there is no country and no matter how much you want to deny that its needed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Violent looting is useless.

I have no need for it.

I have no need to be protected by being robbed.

I have my own gun, I don't need any help.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

fat chance your gun has agianst a 2000 pound jdam being dropped on your home

fat chance your gun has agianst a tank

fat chance your gun has agianst a missle or rocket slamming into your car or home

etc.

mem your a smart guy and we do agree on somethings but if you are sitting there and telling me that you and your gun alone or a bunch of your "bands of brothers" have a fighting chance against any fed,any drug cartel, any well equipped well trained fighting force your a bit delusional.

but man live how you want and do what you want and i do respect you for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Looks like the Afghans are doing OK with homemade AKs to me.

How about those Viet Cong.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

yeah how bout that and heres why they have both been helped and funded and trained and supplied

by countries that have militaries without their assistance iraq and afhghastan and vietnam would have ended long ago.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you don't think our trading partners would do the same for us?

When the French started after the VC, they had nothing.

I personally think the American public would make the Viet Cong and Taliban look like sick joke.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

But would they be fighting with their hands behind their back like they are now? I wonder what exactly the ROE would look like against American civilians?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

But would they be fighting with their hands behind their back like they are now? I wonder what exactly the ROE would look like against American civilians?

The America public would mop the floor with any invader.

There are 65 million gun owners with some 300 million guns, not including our surplus military equipment which could be sold off to the public.

The 2nd largest army in the world only has 1.2 million active duty troops, most of those are non-combat troops and they certainly couldn't invade with anything more than a few tens of thousands.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join