It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhino poaching ring busted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
For all those caring souls that have been following the brutal rhino poaching incidents in South Africa, here is some really good news:

The police has busted an alleged rhino poaching ring, arresting nine people, including two veterinarians and a game farmer in Limpopo province, says an official.

I hope they throw the book at these people - they are scum of the earth!

Beeld newspaper reported on Tuesday that the two veterinarians were well-known in Modimolle and owned an animal clinic and a wildlife organisation involved in catching and transporting game.
More than 200 rhinos have been killed for their horns since the beginning of this year, up from a total of 122 rhinos being poached last year, said Beeld

Link to Article

Here are some of the ATS links:
South African Farmer to poison Rhino Horn
New extreme method for rhino poachers
Last Female White Rhino killed in SA Reserve
Rhino survives brutal attack by poachers

edit on 21/9/2010 by deltaalphanovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

This is some of the best news that I have read on ATS.
Thanks for posting and congratulations to the SAP for a job well done!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It really has made my week - after all the bad news we get, it is good to hear the Hawks (crime-fighting unit) are living up to their hype.
Another article states that this syndicate has overseas link and one is a dehorning expert. Some of these people are the ones that are supposed to be protecting the rhino.

Police believe the rhino poaching syndicate smashed on Monday had extensive links to the international black market and was a major supplier of illegal horns

Article

Wiser, I know you have been following this closely, so I share your elation.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Fantastic news! They should "de-horn" these damn poaches! Thank you for the post and making my day

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Best news I have seen in a while. SnF

Sounds like there is plenty of evidence to charge them and levy some hard time.

I found this short video of a most docile rhino- Smiles

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Today is Rhino Day!

Rhino Day

22 September 2010

WWF has organised a worldwide Rhino Month campaign in support of the rhino warriors
who are on the frontline in the fight against poaching, culminating in Rhino Day on Wednesday 22 September.

Link

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
UPDATE

Here is an update on the Rhino poaching ring. They appeared in court this morning but the case has been postponed due to more arrests made.
I suspect someone is going to turn State's Witness to save their skin and crack this whole thing wide open.

Court proceedings in the case involving a suspected rhino poaching syndicate were delayed on Wednesday, apparently because more arrests had been made in the morning.

Reporters at the Musina Magistrate's Court were told 11 people had now been caught, following the nine arrests made on Monday. It was understood that even more arrests were expected to follow.

Link

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Thanks for your continuing updates! It seems as though the news just keeps getting better, I hope that this will bring things to a head and this wanton slaughter will stop before its too late.

ps. Thanks also for the link to Rhino Day!

edit on 22/9/10 by wiser3 because: to add ps.

top topics

join