It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are so desperate for cash, my brother just got a car!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hello everyone. Tonight has been a good night for my older brother since he just bought a 2003 honda accord for a very good price a few hours ago. It seemed kind of weird that he would get this car for 6000$ and in good condition but when I talked to the owner he said the only reason he is selling his car is because he just recently got laid off of work. He said he used to work for ROTC and got laid off so he had no choice but to sell his car to my brother. After all he has a family to feed and is struggling to make it in life, but it makes me wonder how tough times are when you sell your high quality car for a cheap price just to put food on the table.

Oh yes and before anyone here asks I was the one that let my brother borrow that 6000$ since he doesn't have much due to going to college and working part time and seeing as im out of a job but still have some cash left I felt like it was my responsibility that he gets a car that actually works! So how far would you go if you were in the owners shoes? Would you sell your house? car? personal belongings to make quick change to support your family or would you be patient and hope your family can make it till your next paycheck?

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum so feel free to move this where it belongs..

edit on 21-9-2010 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yeah. My nephew, about a week ago, picked up a 2001 Saturn, in great condition for $1,000 cash. By way of comparison, my first car, back in '82 was a clunker and I paid almost two grand for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The only reason that my brother wanted the car is because its great with gas and his pontiac is running like garbage now since its over 200,000 miles so it had to be done.

new topics

join