It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep on drugging "difficult" kids and lose the new discoverers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
One thing we have to accept is that inventors, leaders of discovery, are eccentric.

I think it is a requirement of discoverers and I think all inventors are nuts to some degree.

So what are we doing? We are drugging "difficult" kids and in so doing, we are ruining their lives and we are closing the door on new discoveries.

Do not drug kids, please. It ruins their life, and ours.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I whole heartedly agree. We have know idea what the consequences of this modern day pill pushing will be.We may never know, but I agree that valuable discoveries will be lost, amazing taken will be lost, and and the list goes on.

edit on 21-9-2010 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
One thing we have to accept is that inventors, leaders of discovery, are eccentric.

thank you for saying that. all new thoughts come from those who have not thought the same way as everyone else before their time or during their time, i think.

and science fiction is usually preceded by science fact, someone asking the question that has not been asked or wondering "What if..."

I think it is a requirement of discoverers and I think all inventors are nuts to some degree.

So what are we doing? We are drugging "difficult" kids and in so doing, we are ruining their lives and we are closing the door on new discoveries.

Do not drug kids, please. It ruins their life, and ours.

it seems to me the present seems to be trying to pick a fight with the future. i wish i could play by the rules, however i don't know how many rules there are, let alone what they are

is there a pill for this?

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

On a lighter note.....
Everyone knows that influential characters knew what drugs to take
LDS,Opium,Alcohol,Marijuana

But Ritalin? Zoloft?
please

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is absolutely true in my opinion. There are 4 yr olds out there taking meds because they have temper tantrums. I know someone that has 4 kids currently medicated, she was told that all the kids had some form of ADHD, and the oldest supposedly has some psychotic tendencies.

Ive seen this kid, and all he seems to want is attention. I have never seen the kids act out, except what would normally be seen as a kid being a pain in the butt. I dont know how she was allowed to medicate them all, but she herself is on meds, and I guess she is unable to take care of them because shes drugged all day.

I know that this may not be the case for some parents, but can it really be so many?

I hope that at some point this can be more evaluated, more on the long term effects of what these kids will wind up doing at an older age. I remember there was some horrible things associated with Ridalin a ways back.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks, NoRegrets,

In my opinion this is child abuse, as is all the doping of children.

Yes, we know that kids can be difficult. But our job as parents is to nurture them, not to abuse them.

And if you don't want to cope with this, do not have children.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

They sure have...
If anyone doesn't know
check out these inventions inspired by the work of Robert Heinlein alone.
Great stuff.
en.wikipedia.org...

CX

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Totaly agree.

CX.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Only those who attempt the absurd achieve the impossible." One of my favorite quotes and I'm not even sure who said it. Also, I might be barking up the wrong tree here AND I was trying to refrain from inserting a piece from Family Guy, but remember the episode where Peter loved his old teacher because he was crazy and fun? Then the school made him take meds to calm him down and "make him more professional" and then everyone hated him? Sounds to me like Family Guy was knocking on this door a long time ago. It is really true though. When I get back on the desk top tomorrow I will S&F this thread for ya. Thanks!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Thanks philo,

Many thanks for your support.

Let's keep our eccentric brilliant minds going!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
caution strong language, but hits the nail on the head.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
caution strong language, but hits the nail on the head.

I know exactly what he talks about, my mind would also go beserk many alot of the times and i would concider myself a heavy thinker. Many people out there do, and its not fun because you overthink everything and find faults with everthing, it makes your life pretty miserable.

Some people aslo thought I had ADD when I was a kid but my parents never really payed attention to it and I grew more calm and controlled although my mind was going crazy.

I now know how to calm it, and its trhough meditation and eliminating the mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I think if you feel alone, and weird, then maybe you have something inside yourself to offer.

It could be a book, a discovery or to love and help people.

I think that a lot of people who have something to offer feel weird.

top topics

join