It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments Claim England Doesn't exist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Labour government claims that England has not existed since the 1700's. Scotland and Wales only gained offical status when they got their own parliments (assembly).

''''4. What exactly is the constitutional position of England, Scotland and Wales?

Constitutionally and politically England does not exist. It ceased to exist politically and constitutionally in 1707 with the Act of Union. So did Scotland. But Scotland received back its constitutional and political existence, and hence its national existence, in 1998 when it got back its Parliament. So did Wales with the Welsh Assembly. But as there is no single constitutional and political institutional representing England, it alone of the three nations of the island of Britain does not exist politically and constitutionally.'''''

www.thecep.org.uk...

(source of information)

Now the EU/Labour want to carve England up into regions getting rid of the English 'shire' counties for good.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've always wondered this, I'm anti-EU, so I will be pissed as all hell when Blair has sold us off to Europe completely. Yes, I know this has been progressing since the seventies, but I'm very pro England so this always of real interest to me.

Good post

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not sure but I am willing to bet that from the international space station they can still see england.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
thanks
it's nice to know there are people who oppose the EU and are proud of their heritage

nice one, bet they still deny it

[edit on 23-6-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is know England?? so what am i living in then?!? Dear God! whats happened to our country Zzub! *screams bloody mary*
So England doesn't exist and we have a National team in most sports, right, someone better break the bad news to the boys in Portugal

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i know what you mean.
we have been lied to for all these years and i want my country back right now

[edit on 23-6-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ok, if England doesnt exist, then why am I speaking english? Where did my gramps come from if England doesnt exist? Where exactly did I land this summer and last if it doesnt exist? And what about all those limeys? Where did they come from, did aliens just drop them somewhere?

What other crap. But thanks for informing me of this, my boyfriend is anti EU, he was telling me that if the UK goes full EU, they will eliminate England and carve the whole place up, and I didnt know what he was talking about and why. But now i do.

Good posting.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I dont think any UK government should have the right to sell us off, and sign away all our powers as an independent country.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wonder what Tony Blair would say if i asked him if i could have my country back...

Tony Blair is supporting England in Euro2004 'funny that as we apparently don't exist'

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
UK Wizard,
That's OK..it's ours already, it's just that sometimes the government forgets this. The coming defeat in the single currency and constitutional referendums will remind them... Hopefully then we can scrap the idea of a federal Europe for good and get on with strengthening our bonds and business links with the other 5.5 billion people in the world. The English know who they are, even if the Eurocrats don't!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And what about all those limeys? Where did they come from, did aliens just drop them somewhere?

Ssshhhh Skadi, we managed to keep quiet about that for nearly 1000 years, and then you go and blow our cover!!

*..pffft...come in mothership....pffft... earth base albion has been compromised.. pfft...prepare for public contact..pffft.*

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
But on the bright side, we are seeings a rise of Patriotism in England. Every where i walk in Canterbury i see the St.Georges flag flying high, Mr.Blair my sell our country, but he can't sell our Hearts

TPL

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Becareful, theres those out there who don't like patriotism!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Actually I think it's quite funny that of the three allies in the war, the US, Australia and the UK... we're the only one who's government aren't playing the patriotism card. I wonder why??

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Becareful, theres those out there who don't like patriotism!

The people who don't like patriotism are MEPs (Members of European parilment)

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Urgh.

If this thread is representative of modern England, you're welcome to it. Give us Scots our independance, and we'll be gone before you can say "cheerio", dancing with the Welsh on a floating party-barge in the Irish Sea.

C'mon, you guys can't seriously be this small-minded and jingoistic, can you? Britain has achieved magnificient things through the course of history -you really want to throw away our shared heritage because you're so unsure of your national identity you don't think it can withstand closer ties with Europe? Guys, I'm going to bring a bus-load of hearty Scots down to London next weekend and teach you people how to love your country without bashing everyone around you. You've got a hell of a lot to be happy about - and I'm not just talking about Rooney - but you spoil it with this embittered whining.

And remember - as far as the UK is concerned, it was you buggers who started it.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
[
Ssshhhh Skadi, we managed to keep quiet about that for nearly 1000 years, and then you go and blow our cover!!

*..pffft...come in mothership....pffft... earth base albion has been compromised.. pfft...prepare for public contact..pffft.*

Well, that certainly explains my grandpa then. he enver became a US citizen and was known to befriend the strangest people here, from Jazz musicians and beatniks and transvestities to FBI agents and judges. Quick, someone get me David Icke's number so i can take precautions against any reptilian influence in my blood!

I was about to cut a joke about God save the Queen, and then it struck me......

You havent had an English bred monarch...since when? Wasnt the last homegrown royal dynasty the Tudors? The current Queen is German, Queen victoria was too (House of Hannover, I believe). Wasnt King George a kraut too?

There really is something to this, and knowing the nature of the other European states and thier long bitterness against England specfically, I wouldnt put it past them to declare England a non entity.......

pretty damn scary. So we shall have to rename our national language to Yankeese now, sicne English will be a non word?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Why's everyone here so anti-Europe? We'd be bollocksed if we opted out of Europe completely.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh dear..Oh dear...I'm ashamed to be ENGLISH

I was born and raised in England, (family records go back to the Doomsday book). I now live in Scotland but I am still a member of the UK.

Move on people, its time we all grew up and left the Empire behind.
I'm sooo sick of hearing English people whinge about everyone else...we are a laughing stock worldwide folks because of the attitudes displayed time and again on this and other boards, the newspapers, magazines etc, etc.

Yes we should be proud of our heritage and Englands' history, we were an all conquering power but we have done some bad things too, for example we invented the concentration camp during the Boer war.

As a voting person I would prefer to be in Europe for this reason; you can change nothing if you are outside...inside we have a say..
Also I don't want to be between a rock and a hard place economically...precisely...between the US on one side and Europe on the other. Many years ago we tried to stay out of Europe hoping to build alternative trade with Australia and New Zealand to keep ourselves from penury...we failed...we would fail again...we have to acknowledge that we are no longer in a commanding position, no longer an all conquering power..we have some credibility left with global governments.. let's not squander what we have left or we will become a third rate, third world economy...we need these people as they need us...we all need each other...get a grip..bite the bullet and put up or shut up.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm not anti-Europe, I am just more pro-England than I am pro-Europe. I'm open to anyone who wants to convince me otherwise though, but at the moment I just don't think we should join based on what I hear and read. But, I'm not a politician or an economist, so what do I really know? Nothing. It's just how I feel.

I was happy with just our Scottish and Welsh friends.

My fear is that once we join, there's no way back. What if we get caught in an economic spiral like France and Germany?

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Zzub]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join