It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Thinker? You may have ODD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.cchrint.org...

Do you question authority? Fail to accept conventional wisdom? Lose your temper when you hear a politician make a promise that you know he or she can’t keep? If so, you may be mentally ill, according to the most recent revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). In this revision, psychiatrists hope to add dozens of new mental disorders. Unfortunately, many of these so-called illnesses target people who merely think or behave differently from the majority population.

I always knew I was crazy, now I have proof.

Causes By Mayo Clinic staff There's no clear cause underpinning oppositional defiant disorder. Contributing causes are likely a combination of inherited and environmental factors, including: * A child's natural disposition * Limitations or developmental delays in a child's ability to process thoughts and feelings * Lack of supervision * Inconsistent or harsh discipline * Abuse or neglect * An imbalance of certain brain chemicals, such as serotonin

Remember folks, thinking for yourself is not healthy.

"* Limitations or developmental delays in a child's ability to process thoughts and feelings"
That one is my favorite.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

damn, I better get checked in, I need to talk to someone, and fast!!
And all of this time, I thought that me questioning things that did not make sense to me was about
me growing up and becomming a better citizen for my peoples. I thought that questioning things in life was meant for me to awaken myself and to come out of this deep slumber that I have been in all of my life. I thought we were supposed to accept nothing and question everything?

I thought that thinking for myself was best for me, but I guess not. Wheres the line for the sheep at?

I guess thats what I get for thinking.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think the most disturbing part of the article was this snippet:
"Laws in most states allow child protective services agencies to forcibly medicate your children. Indeed, if you fail to administer drugs ordered by a physician or have your children submit to vaccinations, you can be imprisoned"

Is this a credible source?

Also, if these changes are implemented, it ushers in a frightening change for children and adults. I fear for children in today's schools as it is, where any kid merely exhibiting normal child behavior is almost invariably evaluated for ADHD or ADD and immense pressure is brought to bear upon the parents for a prescription for Ritalin or Adderal.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
haha...now I know what it is....must have been all that freedom of runnin' along the beach in Cali when I was a kid and asking "Why" one too many times, or just all that simple curiosity...eh?

~holly

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't think this is anything new. They're working on the DSM-V now, but ODD has been in the DSM-IV for years, for better or for worse.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Well I know for a fact that Social Services can and will get involved as I have seen it first hand and done enough research on it.

As far as the source, this article was reprinted in many places and I couldn't pinpoint the original but I did try to find it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
O gosh, I am lunatic then. Good to know, carry on I say - let's all be mad

-v

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The Mental Health Industry has to find inventive ways to keep itself Relevant and in some form of control. A self-sustained Industry if there ever was one.

I love these new mental illnesses that they come up with.. like last year when reading how a Dislike of Large City's is now considered a mental illness too! So all of us who love living in the country and hate going into the city are Crazy.

It's as if the Industry is in cahoots with TPTB to force the populatiopns into submission.

Here in Australia anyone can sign a form that will bring the mental health representatives knocking on your door with an Enforced Observation Order. It has often been abused, as you could imagine. I knew one women who was seeking to leave her hubby for the new man in her life, and to insure the ex was well out of the way, they signed the paperwork.. and the guy spent three years in confinement.. he was only guilty of (understandably) being angry about what happened to him.

I think the Mental Health Industry is too full of itself today.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh my, this one really takes the cake.

This will be added to my list of so-called "disorders".

But I wonder- why isn't it the other way around? I mean, surely one would think that by believing everything a politician says- that would make you 'mentally ill', or not having the ability to think for yourself and scrutinize information- that would make you mentally ill or incapable....right?

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Frightening to think, but why am I not surprised. Perhaps he can do the reverse to her. I am sure what she did falls under some sort of mental illness.

edit on 21-9-2010 by calstorm because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Independent thinkers are discoverers.

They advance mankind (or ruin mankind, when it comes to nuclear inventions and others).

And, yes, they are all nuts.

Go, independents!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

great. another reason to keep people chemically altered. chalk one up for the drug companies' lobbiest.

all doctors can go to hell. does this make me sick? whatever.

prognosis? take two of these 3 times a day and we'll see you again in a week. here is your bill:
$13,666.02. would you like a complimentary enema with that?

this planet has issues,
et

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A word from our sponsor:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yep, another looney here too!! From the moment I could speak I was asking questions about the whichness of why!

Okay, when can I expect the men in white coats at my door?

new topics

top topics

join