It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Exhausted defending you President Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
I voted for Obama and I agree with this woman one thousand percent.
I am tired of defending him, I still have faith, but dang I thought for sure he would be making bolder moves by this point in his term.

Like I said, I still have faith, but it is getting harder and harder every day to keep it.

I am worried...

edit on 20-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

For whatever it is worth...You are not obligated to defend Pres. Obama because you voted for him..or because you might consider yourself liberal or a democrat.

If you are defending him for the sake of defending him...no wonder you are exhausted.

Defend the facts, support or criticize the policies on thier merits....and let the cards fall as they may.

He is going to be right sometimes and he is going to be wrong sometimes.

Back him up and fight beside him when he is right, take it to him hard and loud when he wrong. That is all any American owes thier president..."unconditional" support was wrong when the GWB expected it post 9-11 and it is wrong for anyone to think they owe it to President Obama.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

*sigh*

You think Obama has not made bold moves?

Then you obviously invest too much of your sanity in Faux News. You bought into the narrative hook, line, & sinker.

And in closing, if you don't like defending him, then don't. NOBODY is forcing you to.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh, what parable am I looking for? Oh yeah, she must feel like Sisyphus.

I would say it is hard to defend the indefensible.

Of course you will have the typical suspects obfuscate the obvious.

Cronyism.
Patriot Act.
Ignorant Academician economic team.
More war.
More redistribution of our tax money to other countries.
More redistribution of out tax money to the public and connected unions.
un Constitutional legislation.
blah blah blah

As mnemeth said, why even bother listening to these asshats anymore?

Hell, why even give them the time of day? Or your wallet.

Time to starve the beast.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
After reading this thread and realizing that some of you still believe that this nut in the whitehouse cares about the working class of America. If we could somehow get the voter turnout we can stop these lunatics from destroying my country. I still have faith in the belief that I am not alone in realizing that this guy is the worst President ever, and that we still have one more chance to send him and all that think like him home. Just imagine if Barry had to get a real job.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by earth2

*sigh*

You think Obama has not made bold moves?

Then you obviously invest too much of your sanity in Faux News. You bought into the narrative hook, line, & sinker.

And in closing, if you don't like defending him, then don't. NOBODY is forcing you to.

Snarf my young friend, between you and links234, I have seen many things Obama has done that was Bold and Stupid and totally against what the Majority of Americans Wanted.
I don't have to name them, You know as well as me what they are. The biggie is the Tax that well be associated with the Massive Health care bill and IRS people snooping around in your's and My bank accounts,, Kinda UnAmerican don't you think? But That's Obama, Do what ever the vast majority of Americans Appose.

How about the war in Iraq,,, You really believe it has ended
I would also like to know the name of his Czar en-charge of the B.S. that the Rescission was over,,, I guess his people are hoping that the Democrats will get a boost in the polls for the rescission being over under Obamas watch.

No, my friends, I believe you have been SUCKERED:

For the rest of you Obama Closet Supporters out there, I ask You!

edit on 21-9-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2010 by guohua because: Added S & F for the Thread and the people contributing to it

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by earth2

if you voted for obama because you actually believed the trash he promised then you honestly deserve to be dissappointed.

only a moron would be think that he would be able to fix problems that started decades ago.

whats more you cant fix problem that you are not willing to recognize...

and only morons think that government is the answer to all the ills in your lives they arent and they never have been.

Forgetting for a moment that all our leaders are selected puppets, one can still easily defend a vote for Obama just to vote against McCain / Palin. I won't ever vote republican (sans Ron Paul) because they intend to impose their religion on everyone. Actually I probably won't vote anymore. Not much point.

Also, quit calling everyone a moron. That's an absurd and ignorant way to make a point.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Quite honestly it sounded to me as though he did not have a solid, straight forward answer, the ones that he did give made absolutely no difference to the middle class. I mean how many of the responsible people are out using a credit card? How many are buying a house? Worthless to the every day live of the middle class!

But she only asked the question because she is a raciest!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This woman must be a racist to ask such a question of Obama. Yes, I know she's black. But I'll bet you will see at least one liberal media outlet claiming that she is a racist before even knowing that the woman is black.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by earth2

only a moron would be think that he would be able to fix problems that started decades ago.

and only morons think that government is the answer to all the ills in your lives they arent and they never have been.

I'm not a moron, I may not be as smart as you (skeptical), but I'm not a moron.

The reason I voted for Obama was because who else was there?? Macain?
I think a lot of people gambled hoping he would give us some change. I still have hope, but to be honest, I could care less about credit card laws and all that other bs. Right now people need jobs and it ticks me off that all that stimulus money went to the people who got us in that mess.

I guess what really makes me upset is the 19.7% unemployment rate in the county I live in. Almost the highest in the nation. So many people losing their homes and jobs its becoming natural.

Imagine if all that stimulus money went to hiring Americans.
Remember back in the Great Depression when all the highways and different infrastructure were built by the unemployed? Even here in Florida people were put to work building dikes around Lake Okeechobee and building canals.
Until Americans are put back to work what good does a credit card or bank do?? And I don't think Health Care should have been number one on the priority list, yes its important, but what good is it if you have no job to pay for it???

Yea, he has made some Bold moves, just in the wrong direction.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by earth2

Clintons best work came however after he lost the house. it gave him the kick in the ass he needed to get things rolling...

That's an interesting way to look at it. My take on it is that Clinton was forced to compromise once he lost the House. Obama will have that chance after November.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just think. If McCain and Palin had won the election, then after their first two years in office, there would be no unemployment. There would be no deficit. The budget would be balanced. There would be no terrorism. They would never take vacations. There would be no wars. There would be no taxes. There would be no illegal immigrants.

/End Sarcasm

Honestly we where once again given the choice of two bums "The Big Douche" and The Giant Turd" who are controlled by those who give them the most money to get there, America chose The Giant Turd this time around.

This is just the way our system works and it only gets worse each election cycle. Until we get rid of the special interest and lobbyists it will never change. Stop campaign contributions and let congress set an amount for each candidate funded by no one but the taxpayers to use for campaigning and I truly believe that will help immensely to get these bums to do what is right for the people and not the corporations.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I didnt think Obama would solve every problem in one term like so many did. I did however think he was a far better candidate than any of the other offerings. I made phone calls for him, and donated. I thought that this guys managment style held promise.

Was I as wrong as ever. The womans question couldnt have been any better.Just really put him in perspective for many I believe.

His answer was also perfect in the sense that it confirmed her worst fears.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have a question to you all here:

What do you think the responsibilities of the President of the United States are? Should be?

Again and I know its a reiteration of what I said earlier, the president, whether Senator McCain won or Senator, now President Obama won, they can only help guide the nation in a direction. Policy and direction comes from legislation, which starts in the lower house (House of Representatives) then moves on to the upper house (the Senate). From there it then goes to the President who has the ability to sign the legislation into law or veto it.

He cannot wave a wand and fix everything. He cannot author bills and present them on the floor of the House of Representatives (technically I guess he could, as there is nothing that says even you and I could not do so.) He cannot vote on the bills. What he can do is step into the bully pulpit and hammer away to the People and urge them to contact their congressman or senator to obtain passage of the bill.

We have levied way too much faith into one man, which was supposed to be the direct opposite of the structure of the Government.

Now that said, he does have a minute section of control in regards to the multitude of Departments setup within the Government. This is why though, those department heads must pass muster with congressional hearings and be appointed by them, not the president. Hence why recent presidents have gone the Executive Order way and laying claim that it was an emergency appointment. I am not opposed to such appointments if, and only if, they are subjected to congressional oversight once the Congress comes back from recess.

Overall, what I am trying to say is stop having faith in one man. May it be President Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter or even Washington. They are the figure head of the Government, not the dictator or end to the means.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I really dont think Barrack Obama gets it. He said that times are tough for everybody. I don't think times are really tough for him. The president gets paid $400,000 a year. That is not really "hot dogs and beans" like this woman is living on.

That $400,000 does not include the money he made on all those book sales, reportedly over a million dollars. So in fact yes it is not tough for everybody. It is not tough for Barrack Obama.

Where did all the money come from those book sales? It came from people who believed in him and believed in the CHANGE he promised.

So I guess those people were duped. All these people got in return was a BOOK written by their messiah, about $20 dollars lost through buying his book, hot dogs in beans lifestyle, and plently of questions relating to "where is all the change he promised.

Meanwhile Barrack Obama gets to tell people that times are tough for everybody. He also get to roll around in luxury while people are broke.

One in six people is on government assistance. The unemployement rate in Nevada is 14%, and that is not really counting the real unemployment rate which is higher.

simpletruths.angelfire.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'm glad I could get you to take the time to attempt to elaborate on your claims, albeit badly. You still did it, you get a star.

As I stated earlier, I'm not exhausted defending him or my reasons for voting for him. While I can't always agree with what he may or may not do...there are a lot of points I can agree with him on. It's something that we, as 'the people', have to come to terms with in our democratic republic. No one person is exactly like you, no politician is exactly like you, whoever you vote for may not always be on the exact same page as you are.

For his ability to accomplish some tasks I have to give him leeway to accomplish others as president, because I don't want his job. Of course, if I don't entirely agree with some of those ideas, it's not only my right but it's my duty to take it upon myself and call him on that. I think he's the best choice still, far better than any other candidate was in 2008.

If there's not a more liberal candidate in 2012, I will be voting for Barack Obama again.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Woman who told Obama she was 'exhausted' loses job

WASHINGTON – The woman who told President Barack Obama that she was "exhausted" from defending him and his economic policies and waiting for the change she expected after voting for him has another reason to be put out: She's lost her job.

Bummer, I bet she is real exausted now..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join