It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Exhausted defending you President Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Link to Article

President Obama held a town hall meeting dedicated to economic issues on Monday. The event played a part in Obama’s high-profile push to rally support ahead of November’s high-stakes election midterms. However, it was a frustrated supporter of the president who captured the Web's attention after remarking that she's "exhausted" of defending the man she voted for.

His response...

He said nothing!!!!
I voted for Obama and I agree with this woman one thousand percent.
I am tired of defending him, I still have faith, but dang I thought for sure he would be making bolder moves by this point in his term.

Like I said, I still have faith, but it is getting harder and harder every day to keep it.

I am worried...

edit on 20-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
nobody can really defend him, he is just horrible... he never says anything, in any of his speeches...
maybe it's time, to just stop defending him? all of our lives are worst today, because of him. Our Children will struggle, all their lives, because of him... He has done nothing but make speeches and ram Healthcare down are throat, what merits defending him? What make's him so special? there is nothing to this guy.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
..... all of our lives are worst today, because of him.....

I don't think it's his fault where we are, but I don't see him making any BOLD moves to change things.

Yes, it is getting hard to defend him...

edit on 20-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I am annoyed at Obama...He really should have taken note after the first 6 months or so that the other side simply would not meet him in the middle for anything, therefore start hammering away at his agenda.

A good president does many things, but procrastinate when the odds are in his favor is not one of them.

Clintons best work came however after he lost the house. it gave him the kick in the ass he needed to get things rolling...some people simply work better when in a constant fight. He never really got what he wanted mind you, There was alot of compromises and watered down bills, but things were getting done.

I personally find it insane that you need that sort of dynamic to work best, but meh...I am not a politician (aka, not narcissistic enough)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Defend?

What about his promises.

Remember negotiation with drug companies (like Canada), sold that out getting their support for the Bush Healthcare Plan (You all have to buy insurance from an insurance company by law! LOL)

Remember the transparency? Debating bills on CSPAN? Now we don't even take the time to read what the hell is in them before forcing a vote.

Remember the "Patriot Act"? He renewed it....

Remember the "no increased taxes" if you earn less than 250k? What do you call the new healthcare tax we start paying next year? And the Cap & Trade scam legislation they were pressing that would "necessarily make electrical rates skyrocket"!

Remember the "We will go over the budget line by line to eliminate waste"? LOL.. looking back, that is probably the biggest fail.

There were a few things that I had hoped he would change... Transparency in Government would have been a HUGE win. Actually reducing government waste and eliminating waste in the budget would have been nice. Oh well, we can HOPE for someone truthful next time.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
nobody can really defend him, he is just horrible... he never says anything, in any of his speeches...
maybe it's time, to just stop defending him? all of our lives are worst today, because of him. Our Children will struggle, all their lives, because of him... He has done nothing but make speeches and ram Healthcare down are throat, what merits defending him? What make's him so special? there is nothing to this guy.

And there you've nailed the fundamental flaw in the perception of the modern west...

You could blame Obama for all of that... Or you could blame the countless special interests, bankers, and corrupt corporate entities which pull his puppet strings and pay him to be a figurehead/scapegoat/spokesperson.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
yeah, we should go back to Bush...he was the real deal man!
our economy grew up like never before in history and everything was so great...I miss him.

come back Bush!

edit on 21-9-2010 by metalpr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I liked the way that the lady asked her question.
"Is this my new reality?"

It goes beyond intention or politics. She is asking if this is really how things are going to be.

Unfortunately, I think most of us can see the answer.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Obama is a fraud.
He couldnt comment on her troubles directly, so he goes off on this "this is what we are trying to do" rant acting like everyone around him listening are just oblivious to the fact that he is sidestepping this womans concerns.
Way to show your true colors Obama.
Part of me wants to feel bad about people like this woman, but I cant, because of the naitivety of people who vote because he was black and 'not bush'.
It sucks though that people have to find out this way.

He did to this woman what he has been doing to the American people since day one, lying to and BStn them.

What a suprise?

STOP VOTING FOR PARTY. VOTE FOR INDIVIDUALS and their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Its the only way.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I feel sorry for this lady because she is unaware that Obama is a puppet like every other president. He is not trying to make things better and he won't. Once Obama is out of office it will continue to get worse. It truly is sad that there are people who still have faith in this fraud. It makes me so angry that we just want to live our lives but it's being destroyed by these elites with special interest only for them selves.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

if you voted for obama because you actually believed the trash he promised then you honestly deserve to be dissappointed.

only a moron would be think that he would be able to fix problems that started decades ago.

whats more you cant fix problem that you are not willing to recognize...

and only morons think that government is the answer to all the ills in your lives they arent and they never have been.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The guy is bamboozling his own people and they are getting exhausted of being hoodwinked.

I think that lady just said the "Emporer has no clothes" and it won't be long before that lady is labeled a "sell out" for saying so.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's the rope-a-dope,
like Ali used in Africa,
they are playing all deflated
so the Repubs can't whip up a
firestorm against them in the midterms.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

My heart truly bleeds for this woman and her family.

However, the woman has no one to blame but herself.

She put faith in a politician, rather than in her own abilities and family.

Politicians, on the left or the right, will promise the world yet are incapable of delivering ANYTHING meaningful at all.

When people put faith in government and politicians to solve their problems and deliver prosperity, they have NO ONE TO BLAME BUT THEMSELVES when this ultimately fails to materialize.

People need to educate themselves in Austrian economic theory and question EVERYTHING politicians say to them. People need to take responsibility for their own well being and not put faith in anyone but themselves to achieve happiness and prosperity.

VIOLENT LOOTING OF THE INNOCENT CAN NOT EVER RESULT IN A MORE PROSPEROUS SOCIETY

EVER.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I got tired of defending him in February. He kow-tows to foreign leaders, the wrong foreign leaders on a regular basis. He's been a big disappointment to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Its good to see a mature approach to holding a meeting with citizens as opposed to the shouting fest we had last year. This woman appears honest and hardworking to me, and while I have many held dissappointments about Obama (failing to remove the patriot act, weakness on healthcare, wallstreet reform), I never did expect him or any other president to change the course of the financial crises in a matter of 2 years. This crises is how deep? 30 years deep? I mean you'd assume this recession only came about due to recent occurences? It has been in making for years and it has come to this point. There are no quick fixes to the financial collapse we experienced in 2008, it was the worst one since the great depression and it will not get any better for time to come and that is the fact. It would be convenient for any politican out there to talk about how things would have changed under their watch, but the grim reality of the matter is likely not. Our jobs continue to be shifted overseas, healthcare continues to rise, wages continue to drag behind the times, it is something we can no longer rely on our representitives to change or stop. The markets are still in control, and they will continue dictating where this nation goes, and any amount of effort by any administration will be long to take effect.

Obama has been weak as a president thus far over the last 2 years, he has been ineffective over many of his actions, and that is something he should be held accountable for. There are many things I support him over, but unless he changes his act soon and atleast takes a strong stand, we will we saw more hard working americans like her stand up. The real issue with him is not is inability to stop the financial crises, as stated, its a catch 22, the real issue is how he takes a stand as president. He has been lacking mojo lately, he has been getting too distracted with other non issues in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I think it comes down to the misconception that a president can do the things people think they can do.

While he can request Congress to enact certain laws, plans or ideas, ultimately it falls on our two houses of Congress. The president can use his bully pulpit to sway public opinion, suggest the direction of the country and lead by example, but cannot ever introduce a bill to the floor of Congress. That is the reason we have separation of powers.

I truly feel sorry for people that thought he was going to herald in an age of new politics. I equally feel sorry for the people that think anyone else is going to herald in the same prospect.

Until the voters become more educated, more involved at their local levels (city and state), Washington will never change.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm not exhausted, I'm just reminded why I voted for him. For example:

Originally posted by infolurker
Defend?

What about his promises.

Remember negotiation with drug companies (like Canada), sold that out getting their support for the Bush Healthcare Plan (You all have to buy insurance from an insurance company by law! LOL)

What are you even talking about?

Remember the transparency? Debating bills on CSPAN? Now we don't even take the time to read what the hell is in them before forcing a vote.

Oh right, because the president controls congress.

Remember the "Patriot Act"? He renewed it....

Which parts? Oh...that's right, three...that don't have any relevance to American citizens.

Remember the "no increased taxes" if you earn less than 250k? What do you call the new healthcare tax we start paying next year?

Get health insurance and you won't pay it....sky rocketing by $200 next year. Yeah, if you're living in poverty. At that point you'd qualify for medicare and wouldn't pay it anyway.

And the Cap & Trade scam legislation they were pressing that would "necessarily make electrical rates skyrocket"!

Yes, that damned legislation that never happened!

Remember the "We will go over the budget line by line to eliminate waste"? LOL.. looking back, that is probably the biggest fail.

Where has that not happened?

There were a few things that I had hoped he would change... Transparency in Government would have been a HUGE win. Actually reducing government waste and eliminating waste in the budget would have been nice. Oh well, we can HOPE for someone truthful next time.

You sure do paint with a broad brush. Of course, we can't be specific with our complaints, lest we be faced with evidence and pesky facts.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

www.huffingtonpost.com...

We recently learned that President Obama has secretly made a sweetheart deal with Billy Tauzin, the former congressman turned chief lobbyist for the pharmaceutical industry. In return for $80 billion in projected cuts -- and $150 million in supportive television ads Obama has apparently sworn to protect the industry from congressional efforts to, among other things, let the government use its bargaining power to lower prescription drug costs.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... (This one is funny)

www.youtube.com...

Damn, don't you hate it when video facts from those RIGHT WING LIARS at MSnbc & huffington post gets in the way of your spin? How is facing evidence and pesky facts working for you?

edit on 21-9-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I got tired of defending the human race a long time ago. All they do is bitch and complain. I am like carlin and waiting for that comet or asteroid to hit us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join