It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genocide Wiped Out Native American Population

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

You asked a question... I answered it...

You should care because this isn't an issue from some forgotten era. You should care because the destruction of these nations is still ongoing.

That's why you should care. If you want to turn a blind eye, you have that right, but you won't have my respect.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There is more to the mix than religion when it comes to turf. There are whole economic theories that come into play with trade and colonialism. Blaming it on Christianity is the simplistic approach and doesn't factor in the reality of cultural interaction.

Absolutely there is more in the mix, Christianity is just one reason, in fact a big reason throughout ancient history when the Puritans came to the America's they believed the Native Americans to be heathens and savages and didn't feel they deserved to live. I am aware that that were others reasons why they wanted them destroyed and to take over the land.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

As I said, I respect your opinion.

Whether you respect me or not doesn't way heavily on my concious.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
It's sad to see how all the First People Of The Americas were wiped out by all these so called European explorers.

We're still here.

The best 3 word post EVER!!

And of topic but ATS relevant...another "Timeline" anomaly??
I KNOW I watched a documentary on this EXACT subject on Discovery or History Channel 7-10 years (?) ago!!

edit on 9/21/2010 by SmokeyDawn because: related ATS info?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That isn't my opinion. It is a fact.

You can spend time with these people and see for yourself. Many Nations are still here and struggling.

edit on 21-9-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
umm the Europeans didn't wipe out the Anasazi, flat out .

it was not invading Spaniards or any Europeans . They were gone long before any Europeans arrived on the continent

Good lord

Thank you MrsBlonde.
How nice to have a rational comment on ATS (I don't mean to exclude other posters in this thread when i say that.)

[
"Anasazi" is Navajo for "Ancient Enemies."

That should tell you something right there.

Harte

It does. I would call that strong support for my theory that it was the current Navajo s ancestors who wiped out the Anasazi

I don't condom the past abuse of native people by our government and corporations but the fate of the Anasazi is nothing whatever to do with White European oppression and everything to do with another American tribe who wanted their land and resources

it 's not like before we got here the natives weren't sacrificing armies of women ,children ,and able bodied warriors to their Gods ,or warring like mad with each other . Or like they didn't have racial slurs for other tribes than theirs . Most of them practised slavery
Plenty of Native Tribes joined the Whites against other neighboring tribes in the expansion
and don't forget that whole regions of Mexican tribes were all to anxious to join in league with the Conquistadors to overthrow the Aztecs

We have not been good stewards of what we took but come on. it has no bearing on this matter

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum

You asked a question... I answered it...

You should care because this isn't an issue from some forgotten era. You should care because the destruction of these nations is still ongoing.

That's why you should care. If you want to turn a blind eye, you have that right, but you won't have my respect.

You are absolutely right AdAbsurdum, we are turning a blind eye to a lot of things in this country today, reason the government gets away with so much, this attitude that there is nothing we can has to stop or nothing will ever change, freedom today is an illusion.

I live in a state that rich in Native American culture, it's everywhere and like elsewhere in America they are struggling.

Thanks for posting.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It's sad to see how all the First People Of The Americas were wiped out by all these so called European explorers.

I'm thinking this post was sarcasm. Of course, he didn't come back, so I don't know, but that's how I take it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I'm thinking this post was sarcasm. Of course, he didn't come back, so I don't know, but that's how I take it.

I hope so, but don't think he actually read my openning post that clearly says this took place in 800 AD.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I am aware that that were others reasons why they wanted them destroyed and to take over the land.

You miss the fact that the First Nations were an integral part of a trading network that depended upon their particular skills at resource extraction. Settlement came along later...and that's when they were driven off of their lands. Much of this continent was explored simply because Europeans were wearing beaver felt hats.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perhaps they were premature in calling the deaths genocide? They are not even sure if they were killed in a landslide/cave-in or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Funny... I'm sure I posted on here about the poorest place in the U.S. being an Indian Reservation in SD.

Men in the reservation live to be 46 yrs old. Hypothermia kills off many of the elders during the winter. The land is so barren and dry nothing can be grown from it and there are only 40k in the Pine Ridge Reservation but not enough trailers for them. The trailers a literally falling apart and it's common for a Native to share his or her 2 bedroom trailer with 30 other people.

edit on 9/21/10 by ohsnaptruth because: misspelled "ridge"

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

Not to mention the high number of rapes and not enough police officers. It's the third world right here in the US.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

don't take it personally SkidMark we do the same thing to European Whites in Appalachia
and inner City Blacks.there's big list of compartmentalized groups that in this Country that are being Welfared to death we need to join up with each other and THINK our way out of this mess

PEACE

again nothing whatever to do with the original post

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
Funny... I'm sure I posted on here about the poorest place in the U.S. being an Indian Reservation in SD.

Men in the reservation live to be 46 yrs old. Hypothermia kills off many of the elders during the winter. The land is so barren and dry nothing can be grown from it and there are only 40k in the Pine Ridge Reservation but not enough trailers for them. The trailers a literally falling apart and it's common for a Native to share his or her 2 bedroom trailer with 30 other people.

Nobody is forced to live on a reservation.

The above makes me wonder; what would have been the statistics on the same topics 700 years ago?

Harte

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

Nobody is forced to live on a reservation.

True...and I speak from the Canadian experience which is not the same as the US...but I think I can say that for many, the reservation also represents roots, perhaps ancestral lands, and identity. It seems to be a loss of such elements that plagues so many First Peoples when they hit the big city.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

True. Any number of things can happen to a human body during a disaster. A crushed skull could be from a blow to the head from a blunt object, or from falling rocks. Not to mention events that could happen after a disaster. Animals, such as those that feed on carrion could mutilate remains. My questions are what they mean by "processed" and how they can tell if somebody was disemboweled by looking at a skeleton. Tool marks?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
reply to post by hardamber

True. Any number of things can happen to a human body during a disaster. A crushed skull could be from a blow to the head from a blunt object, or from falling rocks. Not to mention events that could happen after a disaster. Animals, such as those that feed on carrion could mutilate remains. My questions are what they mean by "processed" and how they can tell if somebody was disemboweled by looking at a skeleton. Tool marks?

Off hand, I'd say tool marks, the degree of disarticulation, perhaps the nature of the 'toothmarks'...cracking of bones to extract marrow..,
Not to mention changes created by cooking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join