It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Movement is in Danger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm never sure what to call those who question the government's official explanation of the events surrounding September 11th. The term "truther" has become almost a negative connotation among those outside the movement--those in the mainstream media say the word with a smirk on their face and a sarcastic tone in their voice. "Truthers" are beginning to gain the reputation of nothing more than a group of anti-USA, tinfoil hat-wearing loonies who should be payed little attention to.

I spend a lot of time laying in bed at night trying to figure out why this is.

Of course, the answers seem obvious at first. Sometimes we come off a little too strong. Our emotions get the better of us and we begin to seem as if we're ranting. When the only words that Aunt Jane picks up are "thermite, missile," and "controlled demolition," chances are she won't pay much attention to you. But if she does, everything you've told her will probably be forgotten as soon as you give her your explanation for the events that unfolded on that day (which, of course, varies radically from person to person).

The truth is, none of us really know what actually happened on September 11th. Granted, there are loads of inconsistencies and loose ends in the OS that--when looked at as one big picture--point to what could be one of many logical conclusions. The recent increase of 9/11 threads here on ATS with the words "evidence" or "proof" in their titles have only shown that, in reality, there is no "proof" (at least not yet). It seems as if "proof" to most people is a 2-minute Youtube video that adds credence to what they already believe--be it pockets of air expelling from the WTC or a montage of witnesses testifying that they did in fact see a plane hit the Pentagon.

We need to stop this now.

Whatever you believe...whether it's the no-plane theory or the controlled demolition theory or the Mossad theory...whatever you believe, I can guarantee you that it won't sufficiently explain what happened on that day.

It's in our nature to find explanations for things that simply don't make sense. But it's this very instinct that I think is being used against us to dismantle any efforts to further investigate 9/11. There's tension in the truth movement like never before. For the first time, I've seen one "truther" call another "truther" a disinfo agent based simply on their differing versions of what happened. And it's this that is tearing us apart.

I honestly believe that anyone who takes the time to objectively look at the information will be hard-pressed to deny that some things surrounding September 11th simply don't make sense. But that doesn't mean that we need to come up with some sort of explanation for it all.

The truth movement needs to focus on what is simply undeniable; there are questions that need answers. If we don't, and instead put our time and energy into what we think happened, we may never know the facts.

Remember, we're all in this together.

edit on 20-9-2010 by nick112 because: last sentence edited for grammar.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a fair analogy, i think:

imagine a puzzle with only 2 pieces.
each piece has 4 sides.
15 out of 16 times those two pieces do not go together.
but once out of 16 times those two pieces line up and fit.

for some:
Reasonable Doubt = Debunked

Debunkers are only right 15 out of 16 times. and even then, they may not be efforting to put the puzzle together.

-et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: to fix me grammar

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is why the only official stance I take on the events of that day is ther I have no idea what actually happened that day other than builds collapsed, planes went missing, and people died. Everything else is up in the air.

I can see quite well what has happened *since* that day, though, and it ticks me off.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
you sound like you are scared that the truth movement might be right. You are afraid that the evidence they show it seems to show of foul play by somebody either people at washington or our allies called the Israelites. No who are in danger are those who conspired this crime and as the saying goes karma is a bitch.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
you sound like you are scared that the truth movement might be right. You are afraid that the evidence they show it seems to show of foul play by somebody either people at washington or our allies called the Israelites. No who are in danger are those who conspired this crime and as the saying goes karma is a bitch.

Actually, it's just the opposite. I know that, at its core, the truth movement is right.

I trust that you read my post. Therefore, I'm not sure what you meant by suggesting that I'm afraid of any evidence that shows foul play. That's one of my main points; that it should be pretty apparent to most people that there WAS some sort of foul play.

So why aren't we focusing on that? Why aren't we presenting our movement under the pretense of "Look, here are some things that don't add up. Here's some pretty incriminating stuff that's indicative of foul play. We want this addressed."

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is true that the name "Truther" has become synonymous with tinfoil hat wearing
conspiracy theorists. We are all lumped together by the MSM, whether or not we
believe there is something fishy with the OS, or we are on the far end of the spectrum and
believe holographic airplanes struck the towers and mini-nukes were used to bring them down.

And this gives me the idea that maybe collectively we should change the moniker we
have been given.

This ploy is used by the PTB all the time. It is part of usual policy. Blackwater doesn't
exist anymore, but the company is still doing business for the American Gov. under
different names.

The "Truth Movement" is old, it has been stigmatized, and it's time for a new name.

How about...

The Coalition of Americans for an Honest and Comprehensive Investigation of 9/11

edit on 21-9-2010 by rival because: I waited to read what I wrote until after I posted it

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We are relying on a government that has been accused of LYING TO US. . . To prove to us that their LYING! That is in fact how revolts get started and the government is gonna win its what they do!. . .

Not to mention FEMA camps iv seen one its not cool.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Us truthers are not losing the battle when you look at it from the truther point of view. In the mainstream media and those who are still asleep see that we are but we are gaining ground. I understand how hard it is to reach some people, they just won't listen. I know why too, people don't want to change and don't want leave their comfort zone thinking that the government is protecting them. Those kind of people are in denial and there is only one way for them to see the truth. They must have a life experience of the government wrong doing them; they need to see it with their own eyes.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick112

"Truthers" are beginning to gain the reputation of nothing more than a group of anti-USA, tinfoil hat-wearing loonies who should be payed little attention to.

I spend a lot of time laying in bed at night trying to figure out why this is.

As a newcomer who has lurked in the 9/11 threads for a week and has formed an impression of truthers which is similar to what you've mentioned, I'd be happy to offer an explanation for how I formed that opinion:

- Overly-elaborate theories: e.g. It wasn't just two planes, it was two planes plus controlled demolition. Except they weren't planes, they were holograms over missiles. And the controlled demolition took out another building, hours later, that the black ops used as a base of operations, because... Well, I'm not clear on why.

- A lack of confirmable empirical evidence to support the theories.

- Denial of the confirmable empirical evidence which has been published in support of what everyone else saw: that the buildings collapsed as a consequence of being hit with two airliners.

- High suspicion: e.g. Nothing which was done in broad daylight in full view of millions goes undoubted, everyone has a plan to hoodwink the doubters, and as you've pointed out, disagreement becomes grounds for an accusation of "disinformation agent!"

I expect I'll receive some such accusation somewhere along the way, and that my explanation of my opinion will evince more examples of the points I've mentioned. The psychology of conspiracy theories has received a little attention over the past few decades, particularly with respect to what personalities hold them. I'd be happy to provide some links if you're interested.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayjay

- Overly-elaborate theories: e.g. It wasn't just two planes, it was two planes plus controlled demolition. Except they weren't planes, they were holograms over missiles. And the controlled demolition took out another building, hours later, that the black ops used as a base of operations, because... Well, I'm not clear on why.

If I'm not mistaken, you're not clear on why the other building went down? Or are you not clear on why some say it was a base of operations?

I agree with what you're saying about the overly-elaborate explanations for things. That's what I tried to get across in my OP; the truth movement isn't to the point where we can start saying what happened. All we know for sure is that some things just don't add up.

And, for the record, many would consider me to be a "truther." There's just too much there to let it go...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Nice one OP, you made some good points.
When I get on "the" subject to (we'll call them normal) people that haven't got a clue, I actually start ranting sometimes because I feel they are starting to listen to me but know that within 5 minutes they'll have forgotten what i've talked about.......I don't see myself as a truther as "that" word has definitely been stigmatised.....all I say to people now is to watch the videos, news broadcasts of the towers being hit and then falling.....Then use your common sense.....simple as that

PS TPTB and the MSM don't need to make "Truthers" look crazy, they are doing just fine on their own.....shame

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
The "Truth Movement" is old, it has been stigmatized, and it's time for a new name.

How about...

The Coalition of Americans for an Honest and Comprehensive Investigation of 9/11

edit on 21-9-2010 by rival because: I waited to read what I wrote until after I posted it

I like the idea for a new name. The only concern would be inadvertently becoming another "A&E for 9/11 Truth" type subgroup. The MSM sees it all as one in the same, so something would have to be done to set the new movement apart from the old. It would need to be known that we are merely asking questions.

Like I said in my last post, I want it to be known that I have been a "truther" for over 5 years. In no way am I trying to discredit the current movement, I'm just suggesting we look at starting slow and with questions rather than trying to give our theory on what happened.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Hello nick112 I like your thinking, perhaps you should start a thread asking for people to join who have similar thoughts as you do.

I'll be there if you do

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, you're not clear on why the other building went down? Or are you not clear on why some say it was a base of operations?

I'm not clear on why supposed black ops would draw attention to their secret base by blowing it up in a separate controlled demolition hours later. The theory is overly elaborate.

That's what I tried to get across in my OP; the truth movement isn't to the point where we can start saying what happened. All we know for sure is that some things just don't add up.

Yet for those of us outside the movement, everything adds up. Building gets hit by a plane, falls down. We saw it. No mystery. Perhaps the truth movement attracts more suspicious personalities?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That's what I tried to get across in my OP; the truth movement isn't to the point where we can start saying what happened. All we know for sure is that some things just don't add up.

quote by ayjay-Yet for those of us outside the movement, everything adds up. Building gets hit by a plane, falls down. We saw it. No mystery. Perhaps the truth movement attracts more suspicious personalities?

One reason the truth movement started is because of the way the towers fell after getting hit by the planes, I got interested in this because when it all happened common sense was telling me that it was all wrong on many levels.
Just my opinion

edit on 21/9/10 by chupa-chups because: to edit quote

edit on 21/9/10 by chupa-chups because: had to identify quote

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayjay

Yet for those of us outside the movement, everything adds up. Building gets hit by a plane, falls down. We saw it. No mystery. Perhaps the truth movement attracts more suspicious personalities?

Please watch:

Google Video Link

----

I agree OP. Perhaps a new re-organization is needed. A breath of fresh air - a new game plan.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Put simply, the message put forward by 'truthers' forces people out of their comfort zone. Claims contrary to the 'official line' makes people uncomfortable. Consider the general population today. Most people are overweight and unfit. The reason is its easier to sit back and do nothing and eat pizza and fries, rather than watch your diet and attend the gym. Its less painful. Generally, people like to avoid 'discomfort', preferring to 'run with the herd', instead finding 'safety in numbers'. The same can be said for many that are asked to consider claims contrary to the OS. To accept or even seriously contemplate anything other than the official line means moving out of the comfort zone & removing the security blanket that is 'Big Brother'.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chupa-chups

chupa-chups, to paraphrase your comment, would you say you were suspicious about what happened?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ayjay
reply to post by chupa-chups

chupa-chups, to paraphrase your comment, would you say you were suspicious about what happened?

I got home from work that day after only hearing about it on the radio, and watched the news for hours, to be honest at first I was awe struck at this massive atrocity and felt so sad for the people that lost their lives and like most people agreed that the USA should definitely attack in retaliation

It wasn't until about a month later that I started watching different footage coming from the states which hadn't been shown in the UK (news broadcasts) and I suddenly just started thinking that there was something fishy going on, I have always been into programs on Nat Geo and Discovery like "Megastructures and Kings of Construction etc" so had seen alot of documentaries on demolition and how buildings are put together.

Im in the construction industry myself on the smaller side of things and would say I have a fairly good understanding of the inner workings of a building.

I started searching the internet and to my amazement there were tons of sites, videos and forums with people giving their theory of what happened and I was taken in, I'd read about holographs and drones and find myself telling other people (who quite rightly thought i was nuts) then I got into the documentaries and through all the cr*p certain ones have remained due to questions they raise.

I no longer try to convince people about what happened because I don't know......All I say now is common sense because to me common sense tells me that with the events of that day and the following Invasion by the armed forces, TPTB's plan worked because the majority of the population don't question what happened and that is a shame.

In my search for the "Truth" I have come across some very compelling similarities in the events of 9/11 and well documented real world projects(mind block)

This is just my opinion and I'm not gonna try and convince you but check some of these out if you get time

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

these are just ones i've quickly found but just wanted to give you an idea what I believe, also check out the link in my sig, its one I've only recently found and not sure what to make of it.......

Check this as well its a long one but found it interesting
video.google.com...#

edit on 21/9/10 by chupa-chups because: video link added

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
AYJAY just noticed your new to the site, welcome, have you been a long time viewer before registering

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join