It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your reaction be if you met an "important" person like an actor?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by the dacoit

Having met quite a few hockey and Hollywood stars, I have to say I've never gone ga-ga over any of my encounters. Then again I don't ask for autographs nor make any fuss about them, my friends and family are the same way. However, I think its a generational thing because I've walked by stars on the street and hear the reaction of teenagers behind me. I've never been a gusher--even over Duran Duran, and I reeaaaallly liked them.

Oh wait, does stalking Borje Salming around a mall as a young lass count?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by M0bstar

I've seen Mila around town while she was filming a movie and let me tell you, in person she is very very thin, it was quite alarming. But then again she has had a child since then so maybe she is more healthy looking, but very thin, chain smoking, sipping water and not even giving the appearance that she was at this certain restaurant to actually eat. It was disheartening, I felt bad for her.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
After reading my post and others, I need to comment:
The most important people I have EVER met are the soldiers coming home from overseas, the Firefighters & EMTs that volunteer their time to save others, the doctors and nurses that work in the various hospitals I've been to
The everyday person that goes about their lives with no notoriety...
THOSE are the 'Important' people of society as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Mike Tyson asked if he could sit down and buy me a drink once. I said no thank you.
My ears thanked me later.

LOL!

I had some friends that were in line for a club in NoLa. They are big tough, pro-football player types. Some group of men busted through the line and started to go in. My buddy grabs one and spins him around and starts to get loud, and he said when Mike Tyson's eyes met his, he felt like he was going to die. He said that was the scariest and most intense rage he had ever seen. A split second later bodyguards and security guards pulled everyone apart and ushered Iron Mike inside. My buddy is a huge, tough fellow, and he said no way in the world he would ever lay a hand on Tyson. He still shivers thinking about it, LOL!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Clapton is a cat I'd like to have lunch with. The closest I ever got was the time I was sitting in the waiting area of a recording studio in upstate NY. I had a job interview, and the receptionist answered the phone and chitty chatted for 15 seconds or so, then transferred the call, then looked at me and said "That was Eric Clapton." I think she was starstruck a little.

I've hung out with plenty of famous musicians since, but never Clapton.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I worked in the movie and music industry in LA for a good part of my life and never did understand the mania some have for stars. I've met a lot of stars and only once can I say was somewhat awestruck, and that was having an hr conversation one on one with Eddie VanHalen. Very down to earth dude that a huge influence on my playing growing up. It was interesting how some actors and actress personalities could be so different from how we perceive them to be on the big screen, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Most of them are just ordinary people like the rest of us, but some of them, well.....................

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think that maybe i will be paralyzed and forget to have a signature or photo...Just can say hello...hehe

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I agree with you, I think they are on the same level as anyone, with the exception being they usually have MUCH more money than most.

Being in the hospitality industry for several years now I have had the pleasure, and not so pleasurable times, to meet several celebrities. So far I haven't fainted or cryed. I simply hosted and did my job.

During the filming of 'Remeber the Titans' here at Berry College, we hosted over 200 cast members at our hotel, in particular we had all of the underage stars. I found Ryan Gosling to be a very nice kid, a gentelman. He even stopped other actors from being a fool at times. Ethan Suplee, who currently plays 'Randy' on 'My name is Earl', he was rude, crude, loud, and obnoxious. There was one actor, not an underage, who came to my home, he wanted to see the 100yr house we lived in next to the hotel, or so he said. What he wanted was a giant mirror for his giant bag of coc aine. He was also in Remeber the Titans.

Mosquito Coast actors, they were nice, they enjoyed being in the south and embraced the antiquing and local foods.

I have a lot of bands who have stayed here, Lynard Skynard, Charlie Daniels, a lot of country and southern rock bands, they are all generally well behaved while at thier hotels. Most of them rent rooms and only bath in them, they stay on their buses.

This is just an example of what I am exposed to, and never flip out over them.

HOWEVER, If you brought Kid Rock in here, or rather Bob Ritchie, I most likely would be unable to speak or even remain concious. I love him, I know every word to every song he ever wrote, but I have never been to a concert, this was due to a stupid high school vow between a bunch of my peers, and I am not the only one who has held true to it, but since finding out that more than one of us did not, I am ready to go see Kid in Febuary. I most likely will scream, kick, cry, and possibly pass out.

edit on 13-12-2010 by space cadet because: Oh God I totally forgot about meeting Peter Frampton when I was 14, were in Ft Walton Beach florida, and he was staying at the same hotel, I was star struck and cryed, but it quickly faded because he was so nice, and invited me and my brother to play tennis.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Lol I would do the classic, "Hey, I seen you on T.V."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join