It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter Watch: 09/21/10

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I kind of fell asleep last night before I could drag my gear out, not to worry though tomorrow Jupiter will be in conjunction whith the moon so it should be a nice show, hopefully it's cloud free.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
reply to post by Kelliott

Dont you know how to use stellarium.com to check?

I would look it up for you but that wont get you to start using it.

Good luck and I hope its something unknown!

Thanks for this.

Although, it's .org, not .com.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I finally dl'd stellarium! Jupiter is chasing the moon tonight here in berkeley and what I didn't know before getting stellarium is that if you see jupiter you're also looking at uranus

very cool program.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Im in the north east of uk, ive had some great views of jupiter over the past few weeks (clear skies allowing of course). My house faces directly south, which is also facing away from the town so light pollution isnt too much of a problem, going into the earlier hours of the morning you can see uranus just pop out from behind jupiter. All my observations have been by the naked eye, i dont have any good stargazing equipment and i only own a 7 mega pixel digital camera, if i can get a decent shot of the amazing views ive had then i will post.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by ngchunter

OMG that is a great picture! I would love the telescope you have. How did you do that?

Also what is that in your avy?

Thanks! I used a modified (IR sensitive) Samsung SDC-435 camera and 2x barlow on an 8" LX200 Classic. I used Registax to stack 763 frames from a 1 minute video segment of Jupiter. My avatar is an old picture of ISS from my scope.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
... seems Jupiter is already impacting the weather in my nieghboorhood cities.
www.theweathernetwork.com...

Chances of thunderstorms tonight.. i was really looking forward to the night sky tonight, i will have to count on Ats to post some pictures to reveal what i will miss tonight.

Goodluck with your watch tonight Ats

Love and Peace
Kelliott

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
I'm from Windsor ON, Canada, can anyone give me some advice on where to look tomorrow night?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Look to the east-southeast a little after sunset. Jupiter will be rising then.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Look to the east-southeast a little after sunset. Jupiter will be rising then.

thank you

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This thread isn't as popular as expected.. lol

Buuut times ticking, and Jupiter is very close right now, we (in the North) just have to wait a couple more hours for sunset and the Giant will be visable

Hope evreyone will enjoy the show tonight!
Pleaase post lots of comments and updates tonight and most importantly pictures!

Love and Peace
Kelliott

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yes Uranus is very close to Jupiter in the sky now, however, without proper equipment, you won't be able to actually see it. Uranus is much fainter than Jupiter, and is actually completely erased from view by the light reflected by Jupiter. Add to it that it's full moon, and that the moon is close to both of them as well.

Lovely sight anyway, Jupiter looks like a huge star where it is now, it's really bright.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well. Full Moon and Autumnal Equinox is Thursday but it looks damn full and really bright tonight here in Berkeley. We have very high clouds. there was a red ring around the moon a little while ago. I could see Jupiter but now is obscured by the high clouds.

Almost time to say Happy Fall to everyone, it's my favorite time of year

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Here in New England, while I was out with my dog I looked up and saw Jupiter and the red orange blinking star. Very beautiful sight, hope we all don't take life too much for granted and have a look up at the night sky to see the amazing sights of our universe.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Jupiter was nice and all last night but without the proper equipment to take any photo's I grew bored after a while and spent most of my time on the moon. I really wanted to catch Europa's transit but it was a bit late in the night for me.
Tonight should be a good night again if the weather holds out.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Is there anyone here from the Toronto, Ontario or surrounding area with a telescope? I would love to have a chance at looking at our neighbor before it leaves us. I did go to a viewing 2 months ago to one the observatories, but they will not have a public viewing for sometime, unless there are more places as such. I will be able to bring a nice DSLR camera, though without specialized equipment to mount to a telescope.

Send a PM.

/cheers.

edit:typo

edit on 22-9-2010 by Taikun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
well open sky tonight
so Jupiter watch: part 2 !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join