It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. DeMint: 'It's Going to Take a Few Years' to Repeal ObamaCare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sen. DeMint: 'It's Going to Take a Few Years' to Repeal ObamaCare

www.cnsnews.com

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C) said it could take years to repeal the Democrats' $1-trillion health care overhaul mandating the individual purchase of health insurance.

DeMint, in an interview with CNSNews.com during the Values Voters Summit on Friday, also said the Republican Party should run on the economic plan presented by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to address tax policy and solvency for Social Security and Medicare.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mcall.com
www.thenewamerican. com

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.)

I'd wished Obamacare was repealed today; that will make everyone's healthcare a helluva lot easier.

Obamacare = deathcare = Hitlercare

Get it repealed, Congress!

Oh, they've been bought and sold by the corporate globalist elite.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up. I came across this the other day and it needs more looking into,since the whole "Repeal" platform is going to be a bigger issue as time goes on. Apparently they wrote in something that says "No way!" for parts of it!

I haven't looked at all that section includes,but we already know they are cuttion billions of money for seniors,what some equate to being the same as "death panels",and naturally so! Deny old people,or whomever,the care they need,they die!

And when they die,the government can get their "Death Taxes" quicker!
(By the way everyone,Coverage is not the same as Access!)

"Harry Reid Poison Pill Hidden deep in the Health Care Bill "

Buried in his massive amendment to the Senate version of Obamacare is Reid's anti-democratic poison pill designed to prevent any future Congre from repealing the central feature of this monstrous legislation!

Beginning on page 1,000 of the measure, Section 3403 reads in part: "it shall not be in order in the Senate or the House of Representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment or conference report that would
repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

In other words, no future Senate or House will be able to change a single word of Section 3403, regardless whether future Americans or their representatives in Congress wish otherwise!!

Note that the subsection at issue here concerns the regulatory power of the Independent Medicare Advisory Board (IMAB) to "reduce the per capita rate of growth in Medicare spending."

No wonder the majority leader tossed aside assurances that senators and the public would have at least 72 hours to study the text of the final Senate version of Obamacare before the critical vote on cloture. And no
wonder Reid was so desperate to rush his amendment through the Senate, even scheduling the key tally on it at 1 a.m., while America slept.

The final Orwellian touch in this subversion of democratic procedure is found in the ruling of the Reid-controlled Senate Parliamentarian that the
anti-repeal provision is not a change in Senate rules, but rather of Senate "procedures." Why is that significant?

Because for 200 years, changes in the Senate's standing rules have required approval by two-thirds of those voting, or 67 votes rather than the 60 Reid's amendment received.

Reid has flouted two centuries of standing Senate rules to pass a measure in the dead of night that no senator has read, and part of which can never be changed. If this is not tyranny, then what is?

www.liveleak.com...
(Same story on Snopes for those who like that site...usually pro-Obama.)

Two Trillion Dollars Reid lets slip the truth
www.lonelyconservative.com...

Reid Pelosi secret plan to pass Obamacare cnsnews.com...

What's REALLY In the Healthcare Bill
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read a few days back that is already many law sues been filled against the mandatory HCR, but with the mid term elections you will not see anything in the media outlets.

The whole HCR is the biggest blunder made by the Democrats along with the bailouts to the nations wealthiest thanks to the Bush administration.

But the mammoth bill is going to become too expensive to even get it off the floor, hopefully it will die before it causes more damage to our growing deficit.

Obama this week was even making promises to the Latino community about how much this bill will benefit them but he forgot to add that it will be at the expenses of tax payer in the nation, lately they are becoming scarce and far apart with all the unemployment going on.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As of this Thursday insurance companies will no longer be able to discriminate against children with pre-existing conditions. As of this Thursday insurance companies will not longer be able to drop people who get sick.

Yeah, we need to repeal that ASAP. We have corporate profits to save.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
As of this Thursday insurance companies will no longer be able to discriminate against children with pre-existing conditions. As of this Thursday insurance companies will not longer be able to drop people who get sick.

here we go... yes, lets make insurance company's unable to make profits... So they go under, So we lose all of our insurance, so we all get kicked into the crappy government health care system...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

You are exhibiting just a minute cross section of the complete problem. The very fact that you use emotional passive aggressive arguments to make your point show that you lack the knowledge of how a messy situation has become a chaotic and unsustainable one under the new HCR.

Nonetheless, lets examine your logic and by extension anyone who stars your post without giving anything more than emotional plea to it.

Insurance operates on the premise that you won't get sick. You pay them a monthly amount to cover your bases in case you get sick. The majority of people do not and never will ever see the amount of money they put into insurance realized. This is how an insurance company makes money and also is how they provide you with access to more doctors willing to accept that particular insurance plan.

Now, I am no fan of insurance, especially the type that people feel they are entitled for. I believe in bare-bones insurance, or what is called catastrophic coverage (Life or limb). I do not believe insurance should cover the things that they do now, at the persuasion of Government even.

Typically, when one obtains insurance they are relatively healthy. Insurance won't drop you because of a broken leg, a heart attack, etc. They will reexamine the service they are providing for you if you come down with a disease or illness that is known to cost them money, more than what you pay them.

Forcing a company to engage in practices that will turn a deficit is asinine. Why would you want to stay in business?

There was a time, not terribly long ago that average Americans survived without having these insurance plans. Doctor bills and visits were paid by cash either at the time of rendered service or through plans set up locally by the doctor.

While it is sad and unfortunate to see someone get very sick and lose their insurance, how is it the insurance is now evil? I do not understand that notion or logic.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
None of them have any real intention to repeal such a useful political tool. The democracts can use this to say they did something (or whatever) and the GOP can use this as a wedge issue to get themselves elected with the promise to repeal it.

Nothing will ever be done about it other than to mutate it slowly into something more monstrous and blame the other side.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
im not getting my hopes up

obama cares needs to die and die fast but will it ever become so who knows

polticians talk out of both sides of their collective azzes

say what you about republicans but they never tried to pull something of the magnitude of obamacare.

and they sure as hell never tried to change the rules to get what they wanted done.

if i am mistaken about that i dont want a comeback well they did it so they-the dems can do it to

that dog dont hunt.

just like spending is wrong just as long as a republican does it so we can to.

fire every last one of the people in dc

term limits so those people can actually live under that crap they pass.

edit on 20-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have not agreed with you in the past, but I think you are right on on this one. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

even morons are occassionally right once in a while meaning me

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

You hit that on the head. It is a powerful political tool, just as Social Security, Department of Education, War on Drugs, War on Terror, Federal Highway Act, No Child Left Behind, and on and on are.

They are not written for the best of the country, but rather the further power of the Imperialistic Federal Government.

Out goes liberty, freedom, individualism, determined, tenacious, and the now dead American Dream. As long as people remain uneducated and uninvolved from their duty of self-governance, the longer the decline of America will continue.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
nothing congress does is immune from being repealed I hate to break it to Reid, Pelosi, and Obama.

If the republicans get control of the house and senate this Nov they can introduce a bill to nullify Reid's Amendment.

if they don't get control of both houses this nov. they will have to be good republicans and improve things greatly in this country to keep control of the one house of congress and gain control of the other house of congress then intro the bill to nullify the reid amendment and work on a majority vote to completely repeal Obamacare.

Never say something can't be done. remember both parties are crooked bastards and will bend the rules to fit with their agenda when they are incharge.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Since you are supposedly in Australia it makes little sense for you to be worried about health care in America.

Anyways... Here's a better idea for the Right, how about you try and reform the system and make it more cost efficient and effective. Make it work for the people and balance its budget, keep the key parts of the legislation and get rid of the more un-liked parts such as the mandate. This would be a great political move as well seeing as how you could claim that you eased the new system of health care into the system with ease and efficiency, wouldn't that be preferable to a nasty political fight and eventual fallout all for bragging rights?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by ironfalcon

Since you are supposedly in Australia it makes little sense for you to be worried about health care in America.

I have no trepidations about being worried with the state of health care in the United States, because my country would be next, with a leftist Labor government still in power after last month's election.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
All Congress needs to do is pass an addendum to the HCB to leave the option of federal healthcare to the states. The states that want it can rot and the states that ALREADY have lawsuits and stated they dont want it, can do without and go on with there lives the way they originally wanted it. LEFT ALONE.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The only thing the bill is going to do is force tax payers into paying for insurance while at the same time having to pay for the now and soon the become the biggest public option in the nation medicaid taxes will increase premiums will increased because is not way that the government can afford to bailout all the millions of people that doesn't make enough or doesn't have a job to pay for mandatory health care.

For those that keep taking about The children they fail to see that every state in the nation that have high rates of wealth fare also cover children, this is done at the state level no federal level and even my wealth fare state have Peachtree for children that is the name of the insurance, now they just will dump the children into medicaid and be done with it at the expenses of tax payers.

So wake up and smell the deceptions.

Medicaid for everybody people.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have even a better idea. The Federal Government steps out of the Daddy role and begins to understand that it cannot make blanket policies for 300+ million people. That if left to the States, it would better tailor to the needs of the People. Some states have a high percentage of people that wish the Government to control their health care, if so, that state will present the people with such legislation and they can vote upon it. Other states, that wish to follow a model of maximum liberty might not want to enact such legislation, so they might vote it down.

This takes the political game of tug-o-war that the Dems and Repubs enjoy playing. It takes the power out of the Imperialistic Federal Government and puts it squarely back into the hands of the States and the People respectively.

Same can be said about almost every program that the Federal Government has engaged in. We should have a bare minimum Central Government with strong individual States. I believe that is what the original 13 signed onto.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
I'm glad you brought this up. I came across this the other day and it needs more looking into...

I've gone ahead and looked into it for you...because I've seen this before and already did the research.

You are correct in that HR 3590, Section 3403 (d)(3)(C) states:

LIMITATION ON CHANGES TO THIS SUBSECTION- It shall not be in order in the Senate or the House of Representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment, or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection.

However, I refer you to HR 3590, Section 3403 (d)(3)(D), which states:

WAIVER- This paragraph may be waived or suspended in the Senate only by the affirmative vote of three-fifths of the Members, duly chosen and sworn.

The particular reason it will take years to repeal the HCR is because the president will most assuredly veto any such repeal, but congress could overturn the veto with a 2/3 vote or have the supreme court declare the law unconstitutional. It takes a long time for the supreme court to see a case.

So repeal is possible, but it won't happen overnight and it will be tough to accomplish in the first place.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Originally posted by Grumble

here we go... yes, lets make insurance company's unable to make profits... So they go under, So we lose all of our insurance, so we all get kicked into the crappy government health care system...

Yeah because it is impossible to not have the insurance companies make profits. You do realize that once upon a time there were no insurance companies don't you? They should never have been allowed to form at all to begin with. They are one of the top two reasons health care is no longer within reach of the average citizen. They exist solely to make money, they produce absolutely nothing. So basically you have these third party entities that do nothing to contribute to the quality of healthcare other than to degrade it in an effort to ensure that they make a profit by any and all means, for the sole purpose of ensuring its own well being. Sounds an awful lot like parasite to me, remind me if I am wrong here but aren't parasites usually not a good thing but yet here your advocating for them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join