It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Confirms Threat: “Cash Burning Will Happen” Political Satire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry, I cannot stop laughing.

Link-Obama Confirms Threat: “Cash Burning Will Happen”

WASHINGTON-

The Leader of a small but vocal fundamentalist cult in Washington, DC, says he will go ahead with his plan to burn a pile of taxpayers' dollars this Friday.

Scheduled to take place in front of the White House, the money-burning ceremony will kick off a planned "systematic campaign of burning, shredding, drowning, catapulting, and otherwise obliterating trillions of tax dollars throughout the nation until the 2012 elections," declared Barack Obama, the shadowy figure behind this controversial plan. "My faith tells me that all money is evil; burning your tax dollars my protest against the values of this prosperous nation that I have sworn to fundamentally bankrupt," he said.

The massive outrage caused by Obama's plan was surprisingly strong, especially considering the lack of media attention.

They have solved the question to where all that damn money went!

Even Tingles got into the satire.

Democratic strategist Chris Matthews cautioned that burning tax dollars would be a "recruitment bonanza" for Tea Parties. "This could cause irreparable damage to our public relations and increase the recruitment of anti-spend politicians who'd throw the Democrats out of Congress," Matthews warned in an interview he gave to himself on his own MSNBC show.

The part I bolded, what is different than any of his other shows?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Thanks so much. I needed a good laugh. Poignant reminder of the wasted 800 billion too!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Awesome piece.....and how appropriate.
This guy is a genius.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

At first I read this and was like.. "no way".

But then I got the gest of it. This was great. Just goes to show people what he is doing is no different than what this article is claiming.

Loved it. It rings all too true.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This JUST IN OFF THE WIRES-

Fringe Leader of a small but vocal fundamentalist cult in Washington, DC, is pushing again for a whole new round of money burning.

Another pile of money burning bill has been introduced in the congress, not quite as large a bonfire this time, only in the 250 billion dollar range.

The cult has been calling for this because the last bonfire was sooo long ago, more rituals are necessary to the union Gods before possible exclusion of the fundamentalist cult, will prevent them from anymore of their zealotry.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
As far as satire goes....it's a little bland.

It gets a B-.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
New reports just in, another round of burning money to be committed.

$30 Billion to unlimited bailout for credit unions

top topics

join