It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - North Korea Poised To Name New Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It looks like N. Korea will have a new leader sooner rather than later. Lets see if his son, who is poised to assume the leadership role, can keep the military in line. There has been reports his son does not have the support daddy did when he came to power. This should be intresting.. Almost like watching a train wreck in progress.

SkyNews

North Korea is expected to name new leadership at an historic meeting on September 28. Analysts believe Jong-il's youngest son Kim Jong-un is likely to be given an official title at the Workers' Party conference.

That would pave the way for his eventual succession as leader.

Jong-il, who is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008, has reportedly accelerated succession plans.

The North's KCNA news agency said the conference would be held in Pyongyang "for electing its supreme leadership body", but provided no further details of the agenda.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: added more info

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: Spelling and what not

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Kim Jong-un is not even 30 yet. He was born January 8, 1982 or 1983
Wikipedia's Kim Jong-un Article

Pictures of Kim Jung-un:

Looks like he might soon be the man for North Korea.

Thanks for sharing OP,
et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: crop

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The article was talking about an accelerated sucession plan, so im guessing dad is trying to get him in place at a time he can still control the military. I think once dad passes away, we will see the complete collapse of the North. Being this is the youngest of 3 sons, I find that intresting in and of itself. If the older 2 are not competant to rule the North, I doubt the younger one will be.

Talk about welcome to Politics that hard way... Your our new leader.. Oh by the way, we have no food, no fuel oil, a bunch of nukes that may or may not work, and the world hates us, and China is getting tired of us mooching off them.. By the way everything your family has stated, They are from the Gods, they invented Golf etc was a big lie... Your orders sir?

There has been speculation that father dearest has intentionally pissed off the World to make transition for his son easier. I guess if you look long term, pissing the world off then allowing the son to pull things back in by acting, uhhm, normal I guess, it could go a long way in cementing him into his new leadership position. Make the wrong call though and we have a show.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: Spelling

edit on 20-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: added a thought

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Terrible idea but then again, Kim Jong-il isn't the brightest light bulb in the box. I doubt his youngest son even cares about the idea of succeeding him.

new topics

top topics

join