It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Adam and Eve murdered by God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Greatest I am

We are each, leaves on the tree of life. Unfortunately, we hold a belief that we are separate from the tree (of life).
The belief that we are separate, turns us into the (un)dead. Like vampires we 'live' in the dark, unable to see the light. There is no light in the past or future because they don't really exist, only as a thought.
Thought, if believed, is the serpent that takes us away from the kingdom of heaven, which is right now and right here.
Not many know of this heavenly place. Humans can only deal with duality, opposites, past and future. But god lives nowhere (now-here), so there really is nowhere to go to find him. All knowledge leads us away, tricks us into believing we know. Just realize that the mind doesn't know. It tries to know, that what minds do. Minds are good for practical things. Accept that we do not know, stop believing and paradise will be revealed. It will be seen that you never left the tree of life, you are life.
God never abandoned or punished us (or Adam and Eve). We abandoned him.

You would agree with this notion then?

Candide

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have often found the story a curious one indeed especially considering that some Christians want to take the story literally. If taken literally I cannot understand God's actions in the slightest. He plants a dangerous tree in the middle of his Utopian Garden in arms reach of two people who are entirely ignorant of right and wrong. Presumably he wants to keep them from knowing good and evil since he has deprived them of that knowledge and tells them not to eat the fruit. I have likened this to a parent telling a child not to touch a hot stove. The strange thing is that rather than do what a loving parent might God is furious with Adam and Eve after they disobey. He curses them, their descendants and ALL creation according to some interpretations. They were entirely ignorant that what they were doing was wrong until AFTER eating the fruit. God never attempts to make amends with them, he does, centuries later, set up a bizarre system of atonement that involves brutally carving up animals for no reason though.

Definitely a story that makes far more sense taken figuratively than literally.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It is plainly obvious that things can not be other than they are.
Not for any reason, and there is no end.
It's just a ride.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I have often found the story a curious one indeed especially considering that some Christians want to take the story literally. If taken literally I cannot understand God's actions in the slightest. He plants a dangerous tree in the middle of his Utopian Garden in arms reach of two people who are entirely ignorant of right and wrong. Presumably he wants to keep them from knowing good and evil since he has deprived them of that knowledge and tells them not to eat the fruit. I have likened this to a parent telling a child not to touch a hot stove. The strange thing is that rather than do what a loving parent might God is furious with Adam and Eve after they disobey. He curses them, their descendants and ALL creation according to some interpretations. They were entirely ignorant that what they were doing was wrong until AFTER eating the fruit. God never attempts to make amends with them, he does, centuries later, set up a bizarre system of atonement that involves brutally carving up animals for no reason though.

Definitely a story that makes far more sense taken figuratively than literally.

I agree. That is why the Jews and Hebrews, the originators of the myth, were quite surprised when Christians foolishly started to read scriptures literally that they had not taken literally before.

I takes quite a retarded brain to believe that animals can talk human.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It is plainly obvious that things can not be other than they are.
Not for any reason, and there is no end.
It's just a ride.

An easier ride for some than others.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

www.youtube.com...

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join