It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAE Systems moving hundreds of armored Chevrolet Suburbans to Hagerstown, MD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Mods: If there is a more appropriate place for this post please move it.

The fenced lot that houses these Suburbans is too new for Google Earth, but if you look for FedEx Ground in Hagerstown, this lot is behind it. Here is a link: Fed Ex Ground, Hagerstown, MD Google Map EDIT: If the link doesn't work search for 11825 New Gate Blvd, Hagerstown, MD

So, I went digging to find out why BAE is making Suburbans. BAE Systems News

Commercial armored vehicles utilize many of the same technologies and systems as those incorporated in the armored military vehicles produced at the same location. However, these products are designed to be inconspicuous and cannot be distinguished from their unarmored counterparts, providing extra security to the occupants.

What I want to know is why they'd be in Hagerstown? I know that this week they'll be bringing in a couple hundred of them to the Hagerstown location.

edit on 20/9/2010 by SeenMyShare because: added additional search address

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hmmm. My guess would be for the Dept. Of Homeland Security which is supposedly building a new complex up in Maryland somewhere. Why they would need or want hundreds of inconspicuous armored vehicles is beyond me. More waste of taxpayer money if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
From reading Wikipedia's entry on Hagerstown, it appears that this town's economy is primarily in railroad transportation. The city is nicknamed "Hub City".

Hagerstown is also the chief commercial and industrial hub for a greater Tri-State Area that includes much of Western Maryland as well as significant portions of South Central Pennsylvania and the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia.

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

My guess is that the armored vehicles are being shipped there (the hub) and will subsequently be incremented out into smaller deliveries to various government and/or security agencies.

BUT, I'm certain that someone will come up with a good conspiratorial explanation.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I live in MD, don't have an article on it right now but there is supposed to be an ENORMOUS new super-prison built up in the sticks around Hagerstown. Although there are a few people living up around the town, it is generally viewed in Maryland as the middle of no where.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well this is my first post on ATS but I have been a long time reader. Now I have decided to jump in on what's being talked about and offer my OPINIONS. After all that's what everyone does around here right?

Well accoring to some of the other threads around ATS they are preparing for "The Event"
when the aliens who landed here back in the 1930's are to return on Dec 21st, 1012 somewhere near D.C.. I guess in order to put us back on track they need to get to the source of the problem, the Government.
That or when they introduce martial law, by scare tactics
, this is how they plan to plow the fields and take everyone non-important to their scheme out. All around there are secret things going on to "prepare" for this coming event.

Some say it's Jesus coming to reclaim his relm, or that lizard humanoids are coming to take over the planet and pick up those they left behind. One main issue I have here is how can someone who never existed return? People on here say do your research but what proof besides a book that has been rewriten over and over again do you really have? Faith is all you really got. Take a look at all the problems religion has caused. What good has come from it? You say he speaks to you? I say you need to check yourself into a hospital. Human's have been manipulated since the dawn of the ages and there isn't anything that has changed.

So take good look around you at what we call reality... The history depends on who wins the war... That is why so much knowledge has been lost. Greed and Power is all anyone really cares about and it should be more focused towards just love. You may not agree with me but I feel after we "die" we just go on to the next level of our existance and never really "die", but maybe that's just me.

Keep an eye on those trucks being made because pretty soon they are going to be sitting at FEMA camps all around you...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hagerstown has lots of rail companies but none near enough to the "parking lot" to be of use to them. There is a short spur across the street but it would take closing the road down to get them over there and loaded.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

Yeah, we in Western Md are in the boonies. When you find the article could you post a link please? I have heard nothing of a super prison. I only know of the correctional facilities on Roxbury Rd.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The new complex will be built just south of DC. Nowhere near western MD. Here's the link:
The Washington Post: Planning Agency Approves Homeland Security Complex

After years of battling historic preservationists, the federal government won approval yesterday to build a massive headquarters for the Department of Homeland Security on a 176-acre hilltop site east of the Anacostia River.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

The supermax prison is outside of Cumberland, MD - about an hour west of Hagerstown, MD. Here is the Wiki article about it.

North Branch Correctional Institution

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

they don't have to be close to them to be useful. a few years ago when i was driving a truck i delivered parts to several GM and Ford plants around Detroit. they would drive the cars miles from the plants to a storage lot and load the transport trucks from there. They would also drive the cars from the plants to rail terminals several miles away.

the point is not every car is loaded on to a rail car or truck at the factory and not as they come off the line. the majority of them are driven miles from the plants to wait there turn to be loaded.

BAE could be doing the exact same thing pooling all the vehicles in one place then call the railroad and say we need X number of rail cars at X location then spend a few days loading them on the cars after the railroad delivers them.

ETA: and NO they don't have to close down the road to move them from point a to point b. more than likely they will be loaded at night when traffic is the lightest.

edit on 9/20/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/20/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You could be right. Its accessed via the industrial area and most of it's traffic is trucks. I don't understand the need to truck them up from VA to Hagerstown to be reshipped, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Its just a real odd scene for our neck of the woods.

new topics

top topics

join