It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

"Boys kissing each other" That was freaking awsome.
Like most issues there is always something more important and everyones list of more important is different. For a teenager somewhere that just got caught by his dad having sex with a dude, and then getting the (&*^%^ kicked out of him anf thrown out of the house, this issue might be farther up the list.

No, it's because Americans are stupid. It's an election year and as always a party has chosen to focus on wedge issues that don't matter. No, men wanting to do each other up the butt is not important. Unless of course you are stupid. This act doesn't hurt you unless you are involved in it. American's love to be in each other's bedrooms though. And certain old codgers LOVE to play American's like fiddle with dumb issues that don't matter.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
and people wonder why the national debt has skyrocketed spiral wise into the debths of the abyss. America has dug itself a hole to China already.

I do not want my tax dollars spent disciplining what consenting adults do with their "woo hoz".

I'm straight, and can't imagine how some people think it is a choice. For some to think it is a choice means they at one time or another had to make the choice. For those who argue it is a choice are only right if they themselves looked at a person of the same sex and thought "maybe..".

Maybe both sides are wrong, I'm going to come out of the closet and say I'm thinking about being asexual. so there!

For those who are not pissed off about politicians spending our money on such a stupid subject, thanks for driving the national debt into oblivion and spending my tax money so well. homeless, education, infrastructure, and this is a platform they choose to promote

At least we know where this unthinking GOP stands. Maybe they will need to change their name to the T-Party or something, since they wore their last name out.

ughhh,
et

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
The psychology behind pedophilia is different than that which underlies homosexuality.

Research points to

Research points towards the left and the second day to the right.

There's alot of research out there and alot of opposing research out there.
You cannot say anything conclusive as far as today is concerned.

I am also not saying homosexuality is not a choice necessarily or is a choice, I would prefer it being called a choice for many reasons I think it should be called a choice, calling it a choice would also lower the homosexual suicide rate so homosexuals will stop considering themselves as mutants.

I can lean more towards the agnostic side until conclusive... I said CONCLUSIVE scientific finds are found, until then I can lean towards the agnostic side however I would prefer calling it a choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Maybe both sides are wrong, I'm going to come out of the closet and say I'm thinking about being asexual. so there!

Sorry alot of Asbergers people already do this.. I am almost there.. I dont see the feeling of another person next to me.. I would rather be my myself than be with another person..

Meh.. sorry to burst your bubble.. Asexual is the new phobia... WEE!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
No I am talking about choice!

And I'm talking about the fact there is no choice.

Studies have shown that the hypothalamus controls sexual orientation. The hypothalamus of homosexual individuals was shown to be much more akin to hypthalamus in size and hormone production of that found in the opposit sex. Meaning that homosexual males had a much smaller hypothalamus which more closly resembled the hypothalamus of a heterosexual female. Scientists believe this is what produces the homosexual trait in a small portion of the population. I'll try to come back to the thread when I'm not a work to post a source, but you should be able to find the study with a quick google search.

So these people did not wake up on day and choose to homosexual anymore than you woke up one day and decided to be straight.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I hope you guys realize my rodeo post was satire...

These are truths...

Homosexuality is not a choice. Heterosexuality is not a choice.
Humans have no control over their sexual desire. they only have
control over the action they take on their desire.

There are gay men who live heterosexual lives in denial of their desire
because of the stigma of homosexuality.

None of us gets to choose what turns us on.

The only unanswered question is what influence do outside factors have
on what we find sexually attractive.

Can homosexuality be spread like a contagion? Maybe, but I doubt it.
I couldn't be homosexual even if I made a conscious decision, and my
first sexual contact was homosexual. It was short lived and unwanted,
and it was during my sexually formative years when I was beginning to
realize how sexually attracted I was to a woman with beautiful legs.

I have never understood why high heels and stockings get me going, and
I'm sure that there are many gay men who have had the same thoughts that I
have had. The truth is you don't get to choose.

The true sadness is for those whose sexual proclivities fall FAR outside the
mainstream. Those with extreme fetishes like rape and even pedophiles. To
be born with these proclivities must truly be a hellish burden. As criminal
and reprehensible (and man I am sensing some knee-jerk reactions right now)
as these acts are, there are those in society that struggle everyday not to
act on their fantasies.

Homosexuals are harmless...it is you guys ready to stone them to death
that are the real threat.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I had a feeling this thread would open up Pandora's Box.

I have no control over it's direction but what I intended was for this thread was for it to lean more to the political realm rather than the etiology, development, morality and practice of homosexuality.

Let me rephrase the question.

Do Republicans ala GOP want to be influential in the sexuality of Americans? I think they do.

As others have pointed out the party that touts freedom and personal responsibility only wants freedom for those like themselves and in turn wants to control and manipulate those that they deem different than themselves. In other words Fascism lite.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Do Republicans ala GOP want to be influential in the sexuality of Americans? I think they do.

I don't think it's an issue of them really wanting that say. I think there is a large portion of the population that does and the Republicans are playing to those people.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
reply to post by SaturnFX

So the guy shows his total dislike for homosexuals and you erroneously mistake it for "repressed homosexual feelings"? That has got to be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen written on ATS. That is like suggesting a guy who openly dislikes cheese has repressed cheese eating desires.
And the Nazis secretly loved the Jews.
That is something a mentally retarded person would suggest.

Your error seems more like a homosexual fantasy playing out in your head. If you are homosexual, that is actually a predictable fantasy. Many homosexuals can't go more than an hour without having some homosexual thought.

The truth is, you just tried to insult a member by suggesting he was homosexual. If you are homosexual I really feel sorry for you. You have to be really messed up to be gay, and make gay jokes.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne because: (no reason given)

Hi

I get my information about human behavior mostly due to a few years of psychological courses at university. There is no real issue with people having a dislike for homosexuals, or chinese, or cabbage, but the difference between that and a absolute hatred and a feeling of personal attack by their simple existance is the key. I have no opinion about homosexuality overall..not my cup of tea and I don't enjoy watching male on male affection overall, but I am not passionate about it because it doesn't affect me.

Usually people become very passionate when it becomes personal...when it affects them somehow...which really limits the possibilities overall. A good example is that, a late teen, early 20 something is rarely passionate about politics...as they grow older (standard example) they start getting more taxes removed from their paychecks and suddenly they start to gain interest and passion because its now affecting them.

The rest of your post was a strawman argument that had little to do with the subject.

One interesting thing to discuss would be Hitler (not the nazi's in general...they were just soldiers) and his true feelings about the jews, he had a seething hatred for them. I am interested in how he came from a general dislike to a absolute hatred overall...would be a fascinating case to examine, dont you think?

-cut-

edit on 21-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: removed question to mod favoring u2u instead.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
And I'm talking about the fact there is no choice.

Correct... and therefore the topic is choice!
I think that there is choice and you think that there isn't.
Topic is still choice for both of us.
It's not a homophobe talking about something anti-homosexual
Can you wrap your head around that?

For me the topic is choice!
I'm glad we agree on that!

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
Meaning that homosexual males had a much smaller hypothalamus which more closly resembled the hypothalamus of a heterosexual female. Scientists believe this is what produces the homosexual trait in a small portion of the population.

The problem with people like you who only resort to insults to people with opposing views as far as this topic is concerned always try to pass theories as fact.

Let me say it once more.... there is nothing CONCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!

See while you portray theories and findings that may INDICATE a certain type of behavior as fact, I on the other hand do not take this approach.

I am comfortable in leaning towards the agnostic side, however as mentioned I think it should be labelled as a choice since it would deter suicide rates.

I also deep inside feel it is a choice, I admit that.
However as mentioned... there is nothing conclusive.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
The psychology behind pedophilia is different than that which underlies homosexuality.

Research points to

Research points towards the left and the second day to the right.

There's alot of research out there and alot of opposing research out there.
You cannot say anything conclusive as far as today is concerned.

I am also not saying homosexuality is not a choice necessarily or is a choice, I would prefer it being called a choice for many reasons I think it should be called a choice, calling it a choice would also lower the homosexual suicide rate so homosexuals will stop considering themselves as mutants.

I can lean more towards the agnostic side until conclusive... I said CONCLUSIVE scientific finds are found, until then I can lean towards the agnostic side however I would prefer calling it a choice.

well untill you can pull the fence out of your butt,

i suggest you refrain from being so conclusive.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I had a feeling this thread would open up Pandora's Box.

I have no control over it's direction but what I intended was for this thread was for it to lean more to the political realm rather than the etiology, development, morality and practice of homosexuality.

Let me rephrase the question.

As others have pointed out the party that touts freedom and personal responsibility only wants freedom for those like themselves and in turn wants to control and manipulate those that they deem different than themselves. In other words Fascism lite.

Yes, you should have known, and the headline is what did the trick.

Actually, as I pointed out much earlier, the headline intentionally slanted, The actual story
and the headline have nothing in common. It was a GOP smear, that counted on the short
attention span of lazy Americans to read only the headline and a few sentences...And it
worked well, IMO.

I wonder if Australopithecus man called his descendants Homos?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is just more manipulation of fundamentist voters. It happens every election in the US, which is one reason so many voters get turned off of politics. Of course, the Republicans don't care about the gay vote since they will never get that anyway: they are always aiming at the white evangelical vote, especially in the South, as part of their usual Southern Strategy.

It's an old dog but it still hunts, and they'll keep using it as long as it does.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
This is just more manipulation of fundamentist voters. It happens every election in the US, which is one reason so many voters get turned off of politics. Of course, the Republicans don't care about the gay vote since they will never get that anyway: they are always aiming at the white evangelical vote, especially in the South, as part of their usual Southern Strategy.

It's an old dog but it still hunts, and they'll keep using it as long as it does.

We are in full spin cycle now

Never trust simple soundbites for the next 3 months...there is obviously more to this than just the retarded soundbite.

Both sides are now twisting reality to suit their agenda and make us plebs react angrily and fall in line. I am a liberal...socially extreme...but I see this as little more than a left propaganda movement more than reality...dirty tricks are not the monopoly of any one side.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademiaI am comfortable in leaning towards the agnostic side, however as mentioned I think it should be labelled as a choice since it would deter suicide rates.

You know, does it really matter though?

People make the argument that it's a choice or it isn't a choice but so what? Doesn't freedom entail the ability to have a plethora of choices one may choose, as long as they do not violate the rights of another? And last I checked, when two consenting adults choose to do something to one another....unless you're really mentally disturbed, it shouldn't matter to you.

Seriously, peoples concern over peoples lifestyles when it doesn't affect them shows that these people are more #ed up than they perceive homosexuals to be. And the clincher is; they really are #ed up in the head.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

These people are just ignorant.You can not make a way of life against the law.You are born gay or straight.Its not something you can control unless you hide it for your entire life.This is not the 1800s or early 1900s and everyone should be allowed to be with whom they choose gay or straight and live a life of happiness and not have to worry about being arrested for being different.This is just wrong,Very wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i fully support gay marriage....as long as both chicks are hot.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Pedos don't choose to be pedos. But they do choose to molest children if they do. That is there fault, and destroys a childs life. If a straight or gay person chooses to rape someone, their sexuality isn't an excuse to the rape.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can't buy the choice argument. I'm about as straight as it gets. It wasn't a conscious choice. I didn't choose to be straight, I can't imagine choosing otherwise.

I didn't make a conscious choice to like porterhouse steak.

I didn't make a choice to dislike raw tomatoes.

Actions are choices. What we desire to act upon isn't. Could you "choose" to be attracted to same sex, or children, or farm animals?

It surprises me that anyone can believe the desire for one thing or another is "choice". You can choose whether or not you act upon it, but suppressing it doesn't make it go away or nullify the characteristic. A gay man who suppresses it and gets married and fathers children isn't any less gay. Homosexuality isn't an action, it's an inherent trait.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Well said. I can't think of anything else to say, but you put it very succinctly and true as the day is long.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join