It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Im straight and homosexuallity is not disgusting to me..

To put it this way, I've practiced martial arts with an openly gay student, and not had a problem with it. And this isn't boxing, this is martial arts where you do quite a bit of holds, and is very up close and personal.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

none of what you said is proven. If you want to prove me right, post a source. And no, religious sources DO NOT COUNT. Pure scientific data from a non religious source.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

We started "devolving" when Christianity took affect. Before then we had great philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Herodutus. We had astronomy, science, geometry, stoics, etc. The beginning of the Dark Ages took all of that away from us. It supressed or killed the ones that questioned the religion, or did something that the religion found "satanic" like write with the left hand, be gay, or even so much as a girl who standing up for herself. Remember that? It was only until the 1800's that Christianity slowly loosened it's grip that we have technology, freedom, and so on.

Please dont confuse real Christianity with the 'constantinoplity' most so called christians practice. If that previous sentence confuses you I suggest you watch the Da Vinci* code so you will have an idea of how real Christianity was repressed.

*while it is a good book and movie I do not consider it the truth

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed

Originally posted by Alora
You and those like you are the anchor that keeps humanity from evolving. I am deeply disturbed that this mindset still exists.

No, we are the anchor that keeps humanity from devolving!

Making homosexuality acceptable will be the demise of the world.

If homos are accepted, homosexuality will become popular and will actually increase homosexuality in the world. This will decrease the populations reproduction rate. It also has already been proven that homosexuals have the highest rate of S.T.D.'s and A.I.D.s, so the spread of disease will increase too.

I don't hate homosexuals, just like I don't hate retarded people. Mental problems happen...

edit on 20-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

If homosexuality is a mental problem, then why would the entire world become homosexual just because it is popular?

I mean, I know about a lot of different types of mental problems but I certainly haven't decided to diagnose myself just because they are popular.

I think you should reevaluate your position.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Making homosexuality acceptable will be the demise of the world.

If homos are accepted, homosexuality will become popular and will actually increase homosexuality in the world. This will decrease the populations reproduction rate. It also has already been proven that homosexuals have the highest rate of S.T.D.'s and A.I.D.s, so the spread of disease will increase too.

I don't hate homosexuals, just like I don't hate retarded people. Mental problems happen...

Exactly!!!

In high school it became popular to be a homasexul and all of a sudden I started becoming homasexal
because there was so much of it in the air I guess.

I dumped my two girlfriends because I started thinking mad things, lip stick and panties made me feel beautiful.
Before I knew what happened these two big gay guys forced me to shave my legs in the shower, I became obsessed with Richard Simmons, Crystal Light and the Bee Gees. My parents noticed and sent me to Christian school where there is no mental illness or gaynesses happening. Within a week I was back to my old self,
bangin beaver, listening to Pantera, blowing up cats with M1000's
, you know, guy things... Church made me right, but if you get too many of them in a room it spreads. Thats why it is important to find out religions
of people, purell wipes and masks can help! They was gonna do this thing with sticks if I didn't get better, thankfully I did. It is proven to be mental and fisical BTW

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Heterosexuals are more likely to have protected sex because they have a fear of making babies.

It's already proven that homosexuals have the most unprotected sex because they don't have to worry about making babies. This increases the chances of homosexuals spreading STD's more than heterosexuals.

It's just pure logic that can't be proven wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Made me laugh Janky...thanky.

I don't believe anyone read the OP except for a couple of people.

The article is slanted bias for the first couple of paragraphs. No...it is closer to
being an outright lie of omission than slant. However the article is slanted
all the way thru.

The gist is; It came to the attention of someone in the GOP party up there that the
party's stance was that homosexual acts should still be illegal, even though the
law that HAD existed before 1997 had been struck down in the supreme court.

As it turns out, no one had seen fit to change the platform, or given it any thought.
It had flew under the radar for several years. Then the articles ~slants~ and implies
that many Republicans wanted it that way...without any reference I might add.

It appears to be a good tactic to use when you want to push an agenda. Write an
article and put the slander RIGHT UP FRONT (as in IN THE HEADLINE)...then spend
a little time toward the end of the article recanting just enough (and doing so
in a nearly incomprehensible manner,) so that legally you're covered but no one
really understands anyway. And so they just go off chomping at the bit with your
agenda firmly placed in their mouth.

It certainly seemed to work well here at ATS..and here we have that
pesky "Deny Ignorance" qualification.

Imagine if it was just a bunch of un-educated sheeple, to bothered to read
naught but the headline.

HEADLINE:

I AM THE MOST HANDSOME MAN IN THE WORLD.

....except for everyman who is better looking than me.

edit on 20-9-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Miraj

Heterosexuals are more likely to have protected sex because they have a fear of making babies.

It's already proven that homosexuals have the most unprotected sex because they don't have to worry about making babies. This increases the chances of homosexuals spreading STD's more than heterosexuals.

It's just pure logic that can't be proven wrong.

Again your ignorance is off the charts! You know what you find by the door of EVERY gay bar??? A big jar or bowl of condoms! If you do find them at all in a straight bar, they are in a vending machine in the bathroom, and they are usually really cheap ones that I wouldn't even trust to prevent pregnancy, let alone a STD...

The homosexual community is FAR more educated on AIDS and the seriousness of unprotected sex that the straight community is. I would recommend that you actually do some REAL research before posting further, because you are only suceeding in making yourself look like an ignorant idiot.

Stay away from 'Logic'... It's not your strong suit!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

First off I would like to see these scientific journals where your "facts" are proven. Heritability studies have shown that genetics play a significant role in homosexuality, and other studies comparing brain structure of homosexuals and heterosexuals shows distinct differences in the gross anatomy of the brain. This is something that would have to occur in utero. Homosexuality is not a fad. For years now homosexuals have represented 10% of the population. This has not changed due to social influences. It is not a disease that is spread. It is simply another example of the diversity that can be found within humanity.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
If homosexuality is a mental problem, then why would the entire world become homosexual just because it is popular?

I mean, I know about a lot of different types of mental problems but I certainly haven't decided to diagnose myself just because they are popular.

I think you should reevaluate your position.

I think you should reevaluate the causes of many mental issues.

A majority of mental problems are caused by issues and situations raised during childhood. Your environment effects you subconsciously, especially during childhood. Trauma is another cause for many mental issues.

For example, raising children in a family full of pianos and pianists, the children have very high chances of becoming fond of pianos and pianists as they grow older.

Just like raising a child in a family where murder and killing is "ok", the child has higher chances of growing up to be a murderer.

Raising a child in a world were homosexuality is "ok", were people speak highly of homosexuality, and see nothing wrong with it, increases the chances of the child growing up to be homosexual. They have greater chances of being attracted to the opposite sex when they see their role models attracted to the opposite sex too.

This is all verifiable.

Lock a baby male monkey in a room full of male monkeys, and sooner or later those male monkeys will grow up and become sexually active with each other. Release those male monkeys into the wild and you will see they are attracted to the same sex, because they grew up that way.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

POST A SOURCE OR SHUT UP! I don't know how much clearer I can make it! You just keep making up 'facts', and they are just sooooo wrong, and show a complete lack of intelligence.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

edit on 20-9-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Just like raising a child in a family where murder and killing is "ok", the child has higher chances of growing up to be a murderer.

You seem to keep forgetting to post your sources for the insane "facts" you keep trying to post. I am having a little trouble finding this study of murderers that grew up in homes where murder was ok. Have one?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Clearly you've misunderstood the reason why we're asking for you to provide your sources. It's not because we are too lazy to do research, it's because we can't find any study that corroborates what you say. You have either been misinformed or are purposely creating bogus facts to support your position. Furthermore, as I have already pointed out, homosexuality does not fit the criteria for a mental disorder, while pedophilia does. So, stop trying to make that argument since it is not backed up by science in any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join