It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Do you feel that way about a Child and a Molestor?

A child and an adult.
V.S
An adult and an adult .

emmmmm........... spot the difference .

====================================================================

I can`t believe you even posed that question .

I thought there was a little more to you than that .

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

well i live in montana and i hadent heard anything about this but from what ive seen being gay out here amounts to handing some one a gun and telling them to shoot you( i dont have a problem with gays lesbians whatever they can do what they want as long as they dont force it on any one to comply with there way of thinking,same for everyone realy) but in regards to your do they marry horses joke i have this to add

the first store we went into when we got into montana where we live had a shirt that said "montana where the men are men and the sheep are scared" so its kinda a running gag out here,in response to the bible belt quote you cant drive 5 miles out here with out seeing billboards with the 10 commandments on them or billboards that say "comunication is key to our relationship start praying" signed god so yeah there a bit behind the progressive times and the state its self is close to 90% white so its like going back in time realy

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well its all about freedom and taking personal responsibility...

The liberals are the homophobes because they try and make laws that make people Gay.

Montana is taking personal responsibility so this will not happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We hate the most, that which we fear the most in ourselves.

I really hate it when I read comments something along the lines of; "what people do in their own homes...". In their own homes? In their own homes! This is part of the problem, it's like saying it's okay in your own home so long as you don't have to see it! You can be free but only in the confines of your own home - that really is bull.

Last time I looked at a calendar it was the 21st century. I know what we'll do; reintroduce slavery, take the vote from women and put homosexuals in prison. Yeah, that will help us to function as a progressive civilisation.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
You are far from illuminated .
That old chestnut connecting homosexuality to paedophilia .....

Actually YOU are far from illuminated. I was not comparing the actions, I was comparing the mental state.

You are so versed in this debate that you can't even see the point I was making, all you see is what you are used to seeing.

NORMAL people are NOT attracted to children sexually. So a pedophile is NOT NORMAL. There is something wrong with the pedophiles, and it is treated as a psychiatric disorder.

NORMAL people are NOT attracted to the same sex sexually. Nature makes us attracted to the opposite sex so we can reproduce. Anything else is NOT NORMAL. It should be treated as a psychiatric disorder just like pedophilia.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
What two grown men or women do in the privacy of their own homes is none of our business.

I agree with that.

But homosexuals are getting married in public, kissing in public, doing gay stuff in public, making public gay protests, making gay movies, etc.. They are forcing this lifestyle into the eyes of children in public.

If you want to enjoy your psychiatric disorder in private and hide it like most pedophiles do, go for it. But please keep your disgusting ways out of the publics eyes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
well in regards to mithrawept's statement
We hate the most, that which we fear the most in ourselves.

(We hate the most, that which we fear the most in ourselves.

I really hate it when I read comments something along the lines of; "what people do in their own homes...". In their own homes? In their own homes! This is part of the problem, it's like saying it's okay in your own home so long as you don't have to see it! You can be free but only in the confines of your own home - that really is bull.

Last time I looked at a calendar it was the 21st century. I know what we'll do; reintroduce slavery, take the vote from women and put homosexuals in prison. Yeah, that will help us to function as a progressive civilisation.

Last time I looked at a calendar it was the 21st century. I know what we'll do; reintroduce slavery, take the vote from women and put homosexuals in prison. Yeah, that will help us to function as a progressive civilisation.)

ill give the following example the only time i have ever threated a gay couple or any one like that was i was seeing a movie in california harry potter actualy and there were about 20 familys with kids in the theater and this gay couple were blowing eachohter 69ing on the seats in the movie theater infront of hte kids the parents asked them to stop they didnt so i got up pulled my kinfe and said hey pal i aint gonna tell ya what to do sexualy but put the mouse back in the house and put your pants back on this is a kids movie and this kinda stuff isnt apropriate for 4 and 6 year olds so quit it they left the theater and i got a standing ovation from the parents,so that might be part of the keep it in your home part they talk about flirting and what not is fine regardless of gender or sexual prefrence but blowing eachother or the equvilent in a movie theater with kids in it aint the place to express there rights

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
As harsh as it sounds, I think homo-hate should be treated as a psychiatric disorder like pedophilia is.
People sure sound sick when they carry on so judgementally.

Homosexuality is disgusting to non-homos, just like pedophilia is disgusting to non-pedos.

Don't call it hate, call it disgust.

Being sickened (disgusted) about homosexuality is just like you being sick when "homo-haters" judge homo's disgusting ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
You and those like you are the anchor that keeps humanity from evolving. I am deeply disturbed that this mindset still exists.

No, we are the anchor that keeps humanity from devolving!

Making homosexuality acceptable will be the demise of the world.

If homos are accepted, homosexuality will become popular and will actually increase homosexuality in the world. This will decrease the populations reproduction rate. It also has already been proven that homosexuals have the highest rate of S.T.D.'s and A.I.D.s, so the spread of disease will increase too.

I don't hate homosexuals, just like I don't hate retarded people. Mental problems happen...

edit on 20-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I did read your post and you are right. The Republican lawmaker in this story (Brueggeman) wants to REMOVE the existing law against homosexuality from the books.

"I looked at that and said, 'You've got to be kidding me,'" state Sen. John Brueggeman, R-Polson, said last week. "Should it get taken out? Absolutely. Does anybody think we should be arresting homosexual people? If you take that stand, you really probably shouldn't be in the Republican Party."

BUT, others want to keep the official platform and support keeping homosexuality illegal.

Montana GOP executive director Bowen Greenwood said that has been the position of the party since the state Supreme Court struck down state laws criminalizing homosexuality in 1997 in the case of Gryczan v. Montana.
"There had been at the time, and still is, a substantial portion of Republican legislators that believe it is more important for the Legislature to make the law instead of the Supreme Court," Greenwood said.

Original Source

Looks like Montana's got a decision to make.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
propaganda from the sf bath houses if you wanan use the term homosexual or gay you have to include lesbians and they have the LOWEST rates of stds due to the fact that less fluids are exchanged so you can speak your homophobic nonsense all you want its your right a its protected by freedom of speach but ill use my freedom of speach to deny your ignorace on the issue just let gay people be and they will leave you alone and even if u did think that gay people were just bags of walking stds wouldnt that make you happy as that would keep them from breeding or at least complicate it let me gues you think being gay is something your born not something you choose correct?

oh and fyi the largest group that sufferes from aids to my knowlege is african men(pretty sure thats correct but no positive) so by your biggitious logic we should just kill off all of the africans with aids and whatnot

you would have done well in hitlers cabient you makeing new yellow stars for the gay people to wear so you can feel safe?

edit on 20-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: saw his comment on aids and had to add more

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this part of the Republican Party's platform is just a feel good writing.

The GOP knows that it would not make it through the courts, But by putting it on there platform it appeases the religious hell and damnation right.

Any level of government can make any laws but if the courts say they are not worth the paper its printed on its gone.

The democrats could put on there platform that they want to make religion illegal,
could they pass a law, yes But the courts would throw the law out within hours.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
propaganda from the sf bath houses if you wanan use the term homosexual or gay you have to include lesbians and they have the LOWEST rates of stds due to the fact that less fluids are exchanged so you can speak your homophobic nonsense all you want its your right a its protected by freedom of speach but ill use my freedom of speach to deny your ignorace on the issue

You are wrong. Out of all the people with STD's and AIDs, a majority of them are homosexuals. These are the facts, don't get mad at the truth.

just let gay people be and they will leave you alone

Ok lets leave everyone with psychiatric problems alone. Let them spread their ideals throughout society as if they are fine and dandy.

Let's leave pedophiles alone, so they can "be themselves".

and even if u did think that gay people were just bags of walking stds wouldnt that make you happy as that would keep them from breeding or at least complicate it let me gues you think being gay is something your born not something you choose correct?

Ive met homos that say they were born with it. And I have met homos that say it is a choice. That is why I think it's a mental problem.

oh and fyi the largest group that sufferes from aids to my knowlege is african men(pretty sure thats correct but no positive) so by your biggitious logic we should just kill off all of the africans with aids and whatnot

Nobody said anything about killing.. So you are the one being "biggitious".

you would have done well in hitlers cabient you makeing new yellow stars for the gay people to wear so you can feel safe?

Gay people stand out like sore thumbs anyway... they don't need stars.

Ive met homosexuals that say "I was born this way so it's ok, I'm just being myself".

Pedophiles say the same thing... "I was born attracted to children so it's ok, I am just being myself".

Homosexuality is a problem. It should NOT be spread.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
lol real intelegent comparing pedophiles to gay people pedophiles abuse children gay people have relationships
i have a mental illness you think i should be stopped? or not allowed to run free what are you a throw back to the eugenics movement comparing mental issues to homosexuality is like compareing a school yard fight to the rawandan genocide how are gay people a threat to any one even if they did have stds as you claim but didnt offer a source if they did they would only be spreading it to gay people and if you dont like gay people whats the problem about them spreading stds amongsteachother your one of those people who belives in the homosexual agenda and i can tell you what there agenda is to be treated like fellow human beings to beable to love who they want to spend there time and yes put there parts in the people they wanan put there parts in there the same as us they just like the same sex there is no diffrence between a gay person and a non gay person except for possible tolerace of otheres

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed

Originally posted by Alora
You and those like you are the anchor that keeps humanity from evolving. I am deeply disturbed that this mindset still exists.

No, we are the anchor that keeps humanity from devolving!

edit on 20-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

Apparently you don't know who's passing STDs more. Let me give you a hint: it's not the gays.

We started "devolving" when Christianity took affect. Before then we had great philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Herodutus. We had astronomy, science, geometry, stoics, etc. The beginning of the Dark Ages took all of that away from us. It supressed or killed the ones that questioned the religion, or did something that the religion found "satanic" like write with the left hand, be gay, or even so much as a girl who standing up for herself. Remember that? It was only until the 1800's that Christianity slowly loosened it's grip that we have technology, freedom, and so on.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Any different from a straight couple doing the same thing?

Brandishing a knife infront of children - nothing wrong with that at all.....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Ive met homosexuals that say "I was born this way so it's ok, I'm just being myself".

Pedophiles say the same thing... "I was born attracted to children so it's ok, I am just being myself".

Homosexuality is a problem. It should NOT be spread.

Yes, homosexuality is a disease spreading like wildfire. It will kill us all. So will left handed people. Beware the lesser percentage of the human population. It's the Devil's work.

edit on 9/20/10 by ohsnaptruth because: The second line was really mean.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

woulda done the same if it was a same sex couple do what you want but dont have sex infront of children whats hard to get about that? ohhh i brandished a knife well i did it stoping a crime indecent exposure i would have been with inmy rights even in weapons crazy california to arrest them my self there and wait for police dont care if your gay straight or an alien dont suck on a penis or a vagina infront of children or put them places children shouldnt be seeing at age 4 or 6

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I hope it does become illegal. Homosexuality is disgusting.

Just because your body and mind is attracted to the same sex, it doesn't mean that it's ok, and that it is a good thing. It actually means something is not ok within you.

For example, just because some pedophile's bodies and minds are attracted to children, it does not make it ok at all! It's a bad thing! It actually means something is not ok within them.

As harsh as it sounds, I think homosexuality should be treated as a psychiatric disorder like pedophilia is.

Flame on...

Homosexuality is NOT a psychiatric disorder. However Homophobia (as is the case with all phobias) is and perhaps you should seek treatment immediately!

By the way, Captain Caveman, are you supporting the Government's right to police your bedroom??? Just wondering....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

The difference is homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone. In order for something to be a psychiatric disorder, it must either disrupt an individual's normal schedule, or they must be a threat to themselves or others. Pedophilia often causes psychological trauma and in some cases physical trauma. Homosexuality does not impede with a person's life and it does not pose a threat to anyone, thus it is not a disorder.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

I've found that people with your mindset and are often uncomfortable with their own sexuality and resort to primative gay bashing as a result.

Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom so the argument it is not natural is null and void.

The GOP has become nothing but a party full of hypocrites and this stunt is will accomplish nothing but rabble rousing as it already has on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join