It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Montana GOP policy: Make homosexuality illegal

my.earthlink.net

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — At a time when gays have been gaining victories across the country, the Republican Party in Montana still wants to make homosexuality illegal.

The party adopted an official platform in June that keeps a long-held position in support of making homosexual acts illegal, a policy adopted after the Montana Supreme Court struck down such laws in 1997.

The fact that it's still the official party policy more than 12 years later, despite a tidal shift in public attitudes since then and the party's own pledge of support for individual freedoms, has exasperated some GOP mem
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It seems as if the GOP wants to self destruct. With these kinds of policies in place even in far off Montana; this will just give the libs ammunition at every press conference that the GOP candidates will be asked and have to answer even if they aren't from Montana.

With the TPM siphoning off a few votes, and other Republican just disgusted with this type of legislation...
I don't see the Dem's winning but the GOP could shoot themselves in to foot often enough that they bleed to death and lose even the midterms. A couple of sex scandals from the party of family values, a few money laundering indictments from the party of personal responsibility and it could be a whole new ball game come nov.

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-9-2010 by whaaa because: had to add stuff

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just have to say that in this day and age for such a thing be the part of the Republican Party's platform in ANY state is simply mindnumbing! It just further solidifies the fact that the Republican Party, which used to be the party of small government and individual rights has now become the party of hate... I'm not sure exactly when the Klan and the Neo-Nazis took it over, but it's conversion to the Dark Side is now complete... What's next? A Constitution burning party to celebrate the First American Empire???

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Montana GOP: "Make ourselves irrelevant"

Earth to MT GOP, come in GOP...do you copy?

The entire country is falling apart, and you want to focus on making a lifestyle "illegal"?

That makes about as much sense as outlawing Hawaiian shirts. You may not like Hawaiian shirts, but no matter how hard you try, there will always be Hawaiian shirts. And even if you succeeded, what have you accomplished, really?

If your ideas are not important, then you are not important.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well really this probably will have no effect...

Most straight males just don't like gays. They don't. Not saying its right, not saying its wrong just stating the fact that most straight men will recoil and become repulsed once finding out another man is a homosexual.

Of course Lesbians have nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Well really this probably will have no effect...

Most straight males just don't like gays. They don't. Not saying its right, not saying its wrong just stating the fact that most straight men will recoil and become repulsed once finding out another man is a homosexual.

Who gave you the authority to speak for "most straight males"?

Most straight men I hang with could care less about anyone's sexuality unless they are hitting on some chick. Then they prefer that she be a straight female but if she's gay; no big deal.

You must live in Lubbock damod.

edit on 20-9-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

lubbock? what? No I do not live in texas..

What is the first thing a guy will call another guy to insult him? Or to describe that something is bad.

Ur GAY! or That's GAY!

What gives me the authority to state that? Many rooms with many straight males listening to gay bashing..

edit on 20-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

What gives me the authority to state that? Many rooms with many straight males gay bashing..

Many rooms with many straight males.....uh oh

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That was your only reply?

Really?

Nice Gay Joke...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Your kidding?
No, I guess not.
Make that some, not most.
Many men are more advanced than that.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

You live in California. That would make you biased on this particular subject. Why? Because Californians are more accepting of gays than many states back east (or even in the west) which obviously includes the bible belt.

You would be surprised how tolerances change from one state to the next.

I'm not saying I agree with this. I don't. I'm saying that it will have little effect as far as votes are concerned.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Despite the rhetoric, if you actually read what prompted this discussion, a GOP lawmaker (That's right, a Republican) has introduced legislation to REPEAL (that's right: "repeal") a Montana law (that's right: a law) that is still on the books EVEN THOUGH it is unenforceable due to a Supreme Court decision over a decade ago. Apparently the Montana legislature just didn't bother repealing it, so now a Republican legislator is proposing to, along with an outdated plank in the Montana GOP platform.

So, folks, this whole thing started when a Republican was trying to clean up the old law, yet it is being reported that Republicans "want" to make homosexuality illegal, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what is happening.

But hey. If you hate Republicans, you hate Republicans. The truth doesn't matter. Republicans eat babies, too. I know because I saw it on ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I hope it does become illegal. Homosexuality is disgusting.

Just because your body and mind is attracted to the same sex, it doesn't mean that it's ok, and that it is a good thing. It actually means something is not ok within you.

For example, just because some pedophile's bodies and minds are attracted to children, it does not make it ok at all! It's a bad thing! It actually means something is not ok within them.

As harsh as it sounds, I think homosexuality should be treated as a psychiatric disorder like pedophilia is.

Flame on...

edit on 20-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed

Just because your body and mind is attracted to the same sex, it doesn't mean that it's ok, and that it is a good thing. It actually means something is not ok within you.

For example, just because some pedophile's bodies and minds are attracted to children, it does not make it ok at all! It's a bad thing! It actually means something is not ok within them.

As harsh as it sounds, I think homosexuality should be treated as a psychiatric disorder like pedophilia is.

Flame on...

You are far from illuminated .
That old chestnut connecting homosexuality to paedophilia .....

What two grown men or women do in the privacy of their own homes is none of our business.

===============================================================================

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

As harsh as it sounds, I think homo-hate should be treated as a psychiatric disorder like pedophilia is.
People sure sound sick when they carry on so judgementally.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
next somebody will bring up marrying a dog.

Or a horse.
Maybe they do in Montana?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Do you feel that way about a Child and a Molestor?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Flame on...

You and those like you are the anchor that keeps humanity from evolving. I am deeply disturbed that this mindset still exists.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's just a matter of time. Montana will be one of the last "slave states" left in the next 20 or so years banning homosexual rights but they'll accept it eventually. I miss Pagan times, where it was okay to be who you really are.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Come on.
The difference is consent.
A child cannot consent to gay or hetro sex.
What consenting adults do together is none of your, or the governments business.
ATS cracks me up. Every 2 seconds someone gripes about the government taking our freedoms, yet it's OK to arrest people because they are gay.
It's ridiculous!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join