It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space tourism: will it accelerate disclosure or prove we are paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is something I've been thinking about lately. In recent news, Boeing announced that in 2015 it plans to take people to the lower orbit of the Earth, which would be high enough to see the curvature of the planet and also see the outerspace.

Virgin Galactic is also doing the same, as well as the Russians.
LINK to source

In other news we could read about some swedish scientists planning to send a one man crew rocketship to Earth's orbit and back.

Not to mention that China plans to send their first man to the Moon in 2025. So, with the exponential increase in the number of people leaving the planet and venturing themselves into outerspace, wouldn't that be enough to find out the truth?

The owner of Cirque Del SOlei travelled with the russians and stayed at the ISS for 10 days. Did he see alien spaceships or not? The russians have already done seven trips like that taking "tourists" with them.

Either nobody saw a thing or they're all afraid to talk. If it was you who'd been there and you saw the alien spaceships, would you be quiet?

If the aliens are out there, shouldn't the governments be trying to stop space tourism from happening? The Russian government is probably not against it, since they have been doing it for some time, now.

Is there nothing to hide? Or are the aliens aware that we are leaving our planet and they decided to hide from us? Are they hiding at the moon? Mars? Venus? Or are there no aliens at all?

So, my final question is, as the thread title says, do you guys think that space tourism will answer the question about there being alien spaceships visiting our planet?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
no, it wont do any difference

if there are alien species visiting earth, they probably have technology to stay under the radar, so, its not going to change anything

if they wanted to be known, they would already have done something

but who knows if there are aliens here, and who knows if they really need to be here to watch us ... its all speculation

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Although I think it is a fantastic thing I have to agree with Faiol. I think that if there are aliens knocking about Earth orbit everything will be done on their terms in relation to whether or not they will make themselves known.

However if we were to take the concept that the US government has indeed been in contact with extra terrestrials, or at least knows of their existence. Then perhaps the increase in people travelling into space will allow for more human error in terms of folks spilling the beans, by accident or indeed on purpose. Anyway I am rambling!

I don't think it will make us look any more paranoid though!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
But if we accept the theory that the alien spaceships will only be visible if they want to, should we then discredit ALL the UFO sightings we have had as being alien? Or all the UFOs we have stopped we have done so because they wanted to be seen?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

I suppose if they are extra terrestrials responsible for most UFO sightings, they only appear to reveal themselves in circumstances where there is deniability so to speak. By this I mean there is no concrete proof, they are just glimpses that could be anything.

Whether as if they were truly monitoring activity on Earth they would in particular be tracking launches of human spacecraft, and could therefore make sure that they were fully disguised by cloaking devices, in the event of humans entering orbit. I don't think the theory that they will only reveal themselves if they want to, devalues UFO sightings, because I would suspect that as with ourselves there is a certain degree of 'alien error' as in they must get caught out occasionally.

new topics

top topics

join