It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note posted aroud my city on street light poles about U.S Tax Laws... we don't need to pay income t

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

The income tax was not established by the Federal Reserve Act. The 16th Amendment was ratified by the states in February, 1913. The Internal Revenue Code as we know it now essentially started with the passing of Title 26 by Congress on February 10, 1939. Since then, Title 26 has been updated and passed by Congress many times, the latest being February 1, 2010.

So I'm still not sure how anyone can say there's "no law."

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no, my professors in college was telling me that this is lies. They told me every american has to comply with the tax laws voluntarily meaning you have a choice to follow it or not but there are consequences.
He said the federal reserve bank is a government agent and they do all that paperwork to have records and control their printing or at least know how much they need to charge everyone for it.

My professor told me flat out if you don't pay your taxes your going to prison.

I already know alot of people not paying full taxes. There is one lady that lives in low income housing yet she can buy a middle class home and a barber shop and own all that and rent out that house and collect money.

My best friend left me after they got rich. I found out they never paid full taxes. Their dad owns a machining shop which contracts out work for making parts for american car companies. They moved out of the city more north and built a brand new house it's a mansion and they have a elevator that takes them upstairs from the driveway they have a roof hang over the drive way so you can get out of the car and just goto the elevator and go upstairs good to avoid getting wet from the rain. I then saw them post a facebook photo of lots of money like 800,000 that was stashed in their basement.

This has been going on since 1994. I asked my federal tax professor about this and he told me no... no... that isn't true the IRS knows everything and they will arrest you for tax evasion.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Well, sorry that you are stuck with such a thick-headed Prof. I have to say that when I took Tax law, it was taught by an old-school (probably early 70's in age) former CPA and Tax Lawyer. He was awesome and not only taught present law, but also taught the history leading up to present law, including the circumstances that led Congress to change and add and delete the rules along the way... He is one of those guys you want ON your side, if you have to face the IRS, no doubt.

So, I say this only to point out that your Prof's words and assertions should be taken into account, but may or may not be the end all of the truth and may or may not be the way things *really* are. There is law and then there is what's going on in practice, if you know what I mean.

He is one man, that is all and I would suggest that when you take your next series of classes, try to take them from another Prof. if you can, you need more than one viewpoint.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
Amendment 16 to the US Constitution:
"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

usconstitution.net

wiki

As much as I hate taxes, the US Congress has the right to levy an income tax. It's most governments' primary source of income.

According to wikipedia Article I Section 9 provides a list of eight specific LIMITS on congressional power
Among other things this particular sentence appears in the U.S Constitution Article 1 Section 9 Limits on Congress "No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein". The reason why income tax is illegal is because the sixteenth amendment is in direct violation of this statement.

Dictionary.com 's definition of "direct tax" a tax exacted directly from the persons who will bear the burden of it (without reimbursement to them at the expense of others), as a poll tax, a general property tax, or an income tax

edit on 24-9-2010 by jacktherer because: added definition

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

The process of amending the constitution is to allow changes and revisions to occur. This process is not easily done so as to insure changes are not made on a whim. Once an amendment is ratified it becomes law. If the text of the amendment contradicts an earlier part of the constitution the earlier part is subordinate to the amendment and is invalidated by the amendment.

Thats the way the system works. An amendment cannot be unconstitutional as it is made a part of the constitution when ratified.

Example: The constitution was amended to allow equal protection and the equal right to vote as well as to end slavery. The earlier parts of the constitution speaking of anything to the contrary were nullified by the new amendments. We are no longer in prohibition after all thanks to that amendment being amended to not be valid.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Not to sure with regards to Tax Laws in your land but is this the same sort of thing?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join