It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. agreed to accept 100,000 Palestinian refugees: former Israeli PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
U.S. agreed to accept 100,000 Palestinian refugees: former Israeli PM

JERUSALEM, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) -- Officials in former U.S. President George W. Bush's administration had agreed to allow 100, 000 Palestinian refugees to settle in the United States, if Israel and the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) signed a permanent peace deal, former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert revealed on Sunday.

"The U.S. government agreed to absorb 100,000 Palestinian refugees as American citizens," Olmert was quoted by local daily Yediot Aharonot as telling a crowd at a conference of the Geneva Initiative in Tel Aviv Sunday night. Similar reports were also seen on many other local media

Yeah sure why not take em in. It's not like any ME country would. They've only had like how many decades to take them in on this scale? We are the melting pot after all. I find it funny though that Israels "Former PM" brought this up.

I doubt however it will come to pass though.
I have a feeling Israel will not make the concessions.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

edit on 20-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wasnt finished mashing the keyboard with my big fat hairy knuckles!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I found the other concessions also worthy of note... [from source linked in threads OP above]

Its implementation would force Israel to cede almost all of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the Palestinians, and draw its borders close to the 1949 Armistice lines. It would also calls for dividing Jerusalem, with East Jerusalem serving as the capital of the future Palestinian state.

They didn't conceed back then and yep your absolutely right SLAYER69, they won't conceed now either!

Personal Disclosure: I'm going to bite my lip for a bit on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
someone needs to build an island so we can put Israel there ... lets be real, they are trying to live in a place between a lot of people with completely different culture without respecting them

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

So am I. I'm curious as to what other ATS members will make of this story.
Stay tuned, it should be interesting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Netanyahu's 'catastrophic success'

But in the meantime, there is lurking danger. Netanyahu is no doubt aware of the growing talk of a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian dispute. That may be why he is suddenly willing to countenance the possibility of a Palestinian state, at least in some truncated form, and at least in principle. And that may also be why he needs Palestinian recognition of the principle of Israel as a Jewish state. It is not clear that Mahmud Abbas, in his greatly diminished state, can provide the Israeli prime minister with the lasting commitment he wants, particularly in the absence of a fully-implemented peace agreement, but that does not make Netanyahu want it any less.

The fact of the matter, however, is that the idea of a two-state solution in Palestine is finished. Israeli settlements in the West Bank and their attendant infrastructure have made a viable and independent Palestinian state impossible. The settlements, moreover, cannot be undone. Their existence obviates the need for formal Israeli annexation: The de-facto annexation of the West Bank has already taken place. The only remaining solution is a single, unified, bi-national state.

The fact that a bi-national state is inevitable will not make its formation any easier; nor will the great difficulties involved in forging a truly bi-national state make its emergence any less inevitable. Such a state will, of necessity, eventually be fully democratic; and its character will of necessity be substantially - though by no means exclusively - Jewish.

Interesting perspective.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I found the other concessions also worthy of note... [from source linked in threads OP above]

Its implementation would force Israel to cede almost all of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the Palestinians, and draw its borders close to the 1949 Armistice lines. It would also calls for dividing Jerusalem, with East Jerusalem serving as the capital of the future Palestinian state.

They didn't conceed back then and yep your absolutely right SLAYER69, they won't conceed now either!

This looks like moving the chess men a bit closer to the goal. A part of Jerusalem will never make them happy. A victory in a war of attrition against Israel. Sad but true.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So am I. I'm curious as to what other ATS members will make of this story.
Stay tuned, it should be interesting to say the least.

I say NO WAY!!!!

Reason: We would be making it SO EASY for jihadists to slip in a veritable army of terrorists just like Castro gave us all his criminals and mental patients during the "cuban amnesty".

edit on 9/20/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
hmmmmm ponder ponder I wonder whom were the movers and shakers to push for this .

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Of course Israel will not make consessions. When have they ever? The "Right of return" is a big problem. This is NOT something the PA can negotiate away. This is an individual right that only each individual can waive. There would have to be a retroactive change in international law specifically giving the PA the lawful right to act on behalf of ALL refugees.
Can anyone recall an agreement regarding the Palestinians they have NOT reneged on? OSLO? nope. they reneged! Road Map? Nope they reneged! Right if return? Nope they have not fulfilled their promise as a CONDITION of their acceptence into the UN of repatriating the displaced Palestinians as soon as possible.

There will NOT be a peace agreement. If there were Israel would disavow it!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As soon as I heard about this so called plan I immediately thought of the Madagascar Plan where the Germans planned to ship Europe's Jewish population to Madagascar. Sad how history repeats itself.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Now there is an obscure historical reference.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OH NO! Nothing to do with Muslims, but America already has too many immigrants and a high unemployment rate. Why would we accept more immigrants who won't do anything except drain the system even more? And where would they live? They'll end up finding some city like Dearborn and creating their own ghetto, not learn English, not assimilate, while Americans are paying to raise their 9 kids each.

And also, Palestinians very often hate America and could possibly be terrorists... but maybe they'll love America when they get here, who knows. I say, send the Palestinians to... Mexico!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You cant be serious?

new topics

top topics

join