It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnel would not help Jews evade Nazi persecution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
If you have no clue ... as to what you would do or would have done in a similar situation, you also have no business criticizing someone else for their responses. It's why I call what you and others are doing a hypocritical witch hunt. Simple as that.

I'm not running for a high office, remember? And I find it disturbing that instead of saying that she doesn't have a clue what choice she would make (and I personally would likely lie to Nazis) she said that God would provide. Duh.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
well when feds come to your door with large guns, askin if anyoone in the house frequents conspiracy sites, you think whoever lives with you will say no? guns are big. lucky for her, we arent in a NAZI occupied area. lucky for her, she wont be put in that situation. you have no idea how you would act in such a scenario, unless you were trained.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I think a lot of people would have liked to have been armed.
You are in the minority, sad as it may sound. A parent will die to protect his/her child. Some will RISK life and limb to save the innocent.
Most will stand idly by saying, "someone should help that poor ________."
In fact, a gun gets "hot" and slippery when the adversary is human, regardless of who is in the right. But Yosemite Sam, now, he weren't skeered of nuttin".

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Did you even bother to see the video? Did you hear "Anne Frank"? Do you think Anne Frank was a burglar? Sheesh.

If Karl Rove refers to her as having a "checkered past", I suppose she has many shortcomings. Who doesn't? But that betraying Jews thing is just icing on that idiotic cake.

I watched the video you provided and, to be honest, didn't understand your point in your OP. But, it's ATS so who knows what might pop up, so i then read through your thread to the quoted post. After reading that post, i went back up the thread and watched the video three more times. I do not hear the words "Anne Frank" even once. Where are you hearing "Anne Frank" in that? If you can give me the minute mark in that video where the words "Anne Frank" are mentioned, i will certainly admit my error and apologize.

Izzard says "What if Hitler comes to you in the middle of the Second World War and says to you "Do you have any Jewish people in your house?" and you do have, would you lie to him?"

Not one word about Anne Frank in that. Is there a different video?

Nor did O'Donnell imply or suggest that she would lie. She said that she believed "God would provide a way to do the right thing." She did not say she would not lie to protect the Jewish people. For that matter, she did not come right out and say she would NOT lie to protect them. Her answer was that "God would provide a way..."

How does one take "God will provide a way" and transmute that into "I would not lie to save the life of a Jewish person?"

With all due respect, the entire episode was twisted in its context not only by the people on that show, but by the commentator that brought up the video and, sadly, by you, as well.

And, btw, i'm neither for nor against O'Donnell. I'm just exceedingly tired of of the unnecessary garbage on both sides of the aisle. This is really one of THE most pitiful, pathetic and lame attempts to twist someones words. Talk about scraping the bottom and coming across as beyond desperate to discredit someone. Sheesh, indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Well being a Libertarian, if caught in such a seeteation, I would put a couple 9 mm in the heads of the guys knocking on the door. Then, I would put a couple well placed high powered rifle rounds in the engine block of the vehicle they had, then finishing those in the vehicle.

I would venture to say that such behavior would be unacceptable to Christine O'Donnel! "Thou shalt not kill", remember? So she wouldn't do any of that.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar
Izzard says "What if Hitler comes to you in the middle of the Second World War and says to you "Do you have any Jewish people in your house?" and you do have, would you lie to him?" Not one word about Anne Frank in that. Is there a different video?

My bad. I couldn't find a different video and might have "planted" Anne Frank in my interpretation of the video. Sorry.

Nor did O'Donnell imply or suggest that she would lie. She said that she believed "God would provide a way to do the right thing." She did not say she would not lie to protect the Jewish people. For that matter, she did not come right out and say she would NOT lie to protect them. Her answer was that "God would provide a way..."

This a a cop-out at best, and a lame one IMHO. She was so adamant about telling truth etc that she refused to comment on ANY circumstance (including obvious ones) when she might even consider. "God will provide" is just not a valid answer.

With all due respect, the entire episode was twisted in its context not only by the people on that show, but by the commentator that brought up the video and, sadly, by you, as well.

I find it very telling. I can read on O'Donnel on the Internet, but seeing her act on her beliefs is quite instructive.

edit on 20-9-2010 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If you have no clue ... as to what you would do or would have done in a similar situation, you also have no business criticizing someone else for their responses. It's why I call what you and others are doing a hypocritical witch hunt. Simple as that.

I'm not running for a high office, remember? And I find it disturbing that instead of saying that she doesn't have a clue what choice she would make (and I personally would likely lie to Nazis) she said that God would provide. Duh.

Oh, you're upset at another pesky Christian ...

I can tell you're having a hard time grasping what I'm trying to say. So, let me try and simplify it for you. Let's take a guy like Harry Reid. Now, I don't like what he stands for and think he's extremely (carefully chosen word) dangerous to this country, so I decided I'm not going to vote for him. Pretty much end of story.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh, you're upset at another pesky Christian ...

If she was a "pesky Christian", you wouldn't be hanging out in this thread.

Let's take a guy like Harry Reid. Now, I don't like what he stands for and think he's extremely (carefully chosen word) dangerous to this country, so I decided I'm not going to vote for him. Pretty much end of story.

Sounds off-topic to me. Well maybe Mr. Reid would be equally confused and un-forthcoming on the Maher show. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

My bad. I couldn't find a different video and might have "planted" Anne Frank in my interpretation of the video. Sorry.

Is there another video of the same argument, but re-enacted to use the words "Anne Frank" rather than "Jews?" If so, i'd like to have the link to that one, please.

Originally posted by buddhasystemThis a a cop-out at best, and a lame one IMHO. She was so adamant about telling truth etc that she refused to comment on ANY circumstance (including obvious ones) when she might even consider. "God will provide" is just not a valid answer.

I'm trying to understand your viewpoint of how her being adamant about telling the truth resulted in her refusing to comment on the circumstance .... and what are you considering to be "obvious" ones? How is "God will provide" not a valid answer if it is what SHE believes?

Originally posted by buddhasystemI find it very telling. I can read on O'Donnel on the Internet, but seeing her act on her beliefs is quite instructive.

I agree that it was quite instructive. Faced with three others (Izzard, Maher and Guy) who are belittling her not only simultaneously and to her face but in front of an audience and in a setting that will be nationally televised ... AND with Maher trying to throw her by interrupting her answer for the purpose of instructing her to answer ... she stuck to her values, she did not allow herself to be intimidated, and she answered the question without allowing the others to influence the answer that she felt was true to herself. Very, very instructive, indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love it. The left is running scared. They are desperate to stop the coming change. Its funny how fast Americans have ran away from this administration and its policies. Even hard core supporters of Obama are biting their tongs right now. There is nothing you can do to stop the Tea Party Train. You can either get on or get ran over. Whoot whoot!

Obama snorted coke smoked weed and wrote a book about it and the media is trying this petty crap? Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm disappointed that Izzard didn't phrase the hypothetical question as "if you were hiding gays from the Nazis, would you lie to protect them?". Lot's more "gotcha" potential with that one.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I love it. The left is running scared. They are desperate to stop the coming change.

You may be right. I just don't see any good whatsoever coming from the likes of O'Donnel. Using God as autopilot sounds great in theory yet it proved a bad practice in the past (e.g. Bush). I'm not too concerned about O'Donnel being against masturbation, but there is precious few substance in her persona, apart from that and the abstinence spiel.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well we gotta do something!

Sound familiar?

If your waiting on the perfect politician you will be waiting forever. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. She is not all that bad IMO. Sure we could pick her apart but are the things we are dredging up really worth talking about?

edit on 20-9-2010 by Digital_Reality because: Add more....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

In all fairness this philosophy has worked well for her over the past 5 years according to a former republican campaign advisor of hers and her former campaign finance advisor, whom both resigned on ethical grounds..

She has been unemployed for 5 years but managed to pay her rent, car payments, groceries, personal entertainment etc. via embezzling campaign funds and contributions...all while lieing on her tax returns God Provides

The CREW complaint is based, in part, on the affidavit of former campaign aide David Keegan, who said that in 2009 O'Donnell was out of money and paid her landlord two months rent from campaign funds. O'Donnell called the expenditures "expense reimbursements" on FEC forms.

According to Keegan, O'Donnell used campaign cash for meals and gas, and even a bowling outing.

"If you need money to pay the rent and eat, you get a job; you don't start a Senate campaign so unsuspecting donors can support you," said Sloan.

abcnews.go.com...

Just imagaine how much God would have provided if she had won her lawsuit against a conservative think tank for 6.9 Million!

Citing "Mental Anguish," Christine O'Donnell Sought $6.9 Million in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit Against Conservative Group...and falsely implied she was taking master's degree classes at Princeton.
www.weeklystandard.com...

Yes indeed, God does provide...I am sure right now she is over the moon dreaming of how much "God will provide" her if she lands a Senate seat.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If your waiting on the perfect politician you will be waiting forever.

OK. Agreed, no one is perfect, but shouldn't we exclude those who are stealing from voters even before they are elected?...She stole money from potential voters...ALREADY. I mean what is next? nominating convicted pedophilies? Hey, but they are conservative pedophiles!! and "Obama sucks"...seriously?

See my post above.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Before commenting please visit the contents of this thread as I feel it is very relevant
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a philosophical debate, not a political one.
This is the same thing that that idiot Rachel Maddow did to Rand Paul, talk about something from a different generation and a completely different time and put it as if it's applicable in a today's context.

Ok, this is occuring way too often, don't you guys have anything better to do then bring up old clips?

If it was republicans or Fox News doing this everyone would say oh "she's being taken out of context".

This is ridiculous and plain "silly season".

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Your spin is that you are posting something out of context for a situation that neither O'Donnell (or anyone else) would ever find themselves in.

Like the ticking bomb scenario the Bush administration came up with -- and fake conservatives parroted even here on ATS -- to try to justify torture?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Benevolent---

While you say you would lie, you are speaking in a hypothetical situation that you have never been in. Similar to those that would say they would never give up secrets if the are being tortured.

Unless you have encountered such a situation, you cannot say with honesty that you would react one way or another.

I don't like her, but its obvious that the Establishment doesn't like her either. She didn't think it through, but then again, she would not have been honest with herself to say she would have lied, when she does not know how she would react in such a situation.

For me, would I lie in such a situation? I would HOPE that I would to protect someones life. Can I honestly say at the threat of people threatening my own family to save one life I would lie? Nope. Can't say either way.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sure you would
It was Nazi occupied EUROPE!

And when those soldiers didn't report back they would send more to find out what happened. Better armed ones, and a nazi vehicle with a bullet in it's engine block and dead nazis would not bode well for you. So, unless you had enough bullets for the entire third reich you probably would have ended up in a pine box.

That's ignoring the fact that they would have already recruited you to be part of the SS! I am sure that you would have gone for that in a heartbeat!

As far as O'Donnell,
Is there anything this dimwit hasn't screwed up saying before? Are we certain she isn't related to Joe Biden?

As for me, I would lie, I would have denied even knowing that there were jews in the world to begin with.

edit on 9/20/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well we gotta do something!

Sound familiar?

If your waiting on the perfect politician you will be waiting forever. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. She is not all that bad IMO. Sure we could pick her apart but are the things we are dredging up really worth talking about?

I'm the perfect politician. don't believe me? well we can talk about voting for me when I'm old enough in 2020

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join