It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Proposes All Paychecks Go to the State First

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

UK Proposes All Paychecks Go to the State First

www.cnbc.com

The UK's tax collection agency is putting forth a proposal that all employers send employee paychecks to the government, after which the government would deduct what it deems as the appropriate tax and pay the employees by bank transfer.

The proposal by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) stresses the need for employers to provide real-time information to the government so that it can monitor all payments and make a better assessment of whether the correct tax is being paid.
Currently employers withhold tax and pay the government, providing information at the end of the year, a sy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can't say you didn't see this coming. Your employers pay the government for your work and then the governmnet takes what is theirs and deposits the remainder in the individuals bank account.

With the extremely large amounts of paperwork and postal costs involved in filing individual income taxes, the ends don't seem to be justified in an increasingly difficult economy.

Tax fraud and employers who have illegal immigrants on their payroll would be thing of the past. Of course this isn't going to be popular with people who choose to be exempted from withholdings.

This is highly likely to be passed in th UK and may well be a platform for the IRS here in the states. I'm really at a loss for any pro or con comment since I haven't studied both sides of the issue. Seems to me like more government control over the people than anything else.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Don't they already do this? Here in the USA, our taxes are taken out before we get our checks...am I missing something here? Is this a extra tax that needs to be taken out?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Well it's different. For example if your employer uses a payroll company they do that for you or if your company does private payroll they send it in separately again doing it for you.

As far as I understand this the government will get your paycheck and then issue you a check.

I think this might be used to take more than they should without you knowing.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As i understand it your income tax is currently deducted from your monthly wage by your employer who holds it and submits it as a lump at the end of the year. The amount is dependent on the tax code (which is dependent on a number of things).

Under the proposal your entire wage would be provided to the government who would take its slice and hand whats left back to you monthly. Everybody's wage would pass through the government on its way to their bank account.

Sounds like increased bureaucracy to me.

edit on 20-9-2010 by justwokeup because: typos

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What?

This is probably just a joke.

There is no way they can pull this one off. It means we would all be getting paid by big brother. The implications are mind boggling. What of the self employed? Do they make the business but in reality the state controls them? It just doesn't make sense unless there's something really sinister behind it

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just another example of the increasing "Big Brother" society which we live in.

This will be used to monitor us all even more because it will be linked in with all the other government systems that already monitor us.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Firstly this is just a proposal and comes off the back of the recent public statements that the UK Tax Authorities have millions of UK tax payers who have under and over paid taxes.

This is a smoke screen to divert attention from the failure of HMRC most recent computer system to collect correct taxes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

It's a precurser to the NWO and Mark of the Beast.

All manufacturing and services that has employees and currently withhold taxes are logged into the government. By directly assessing the revenues a company makes and pays their employees, they'll have control over the livelihoods of evryone who recieves a paycheck and has a bank account.

Getting off the grid looks more promising every day that passes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This will never happen, the main reason being that The H.M.R.C, like other Government agencies consistently cock up anything to do with new I.T. Systems. No Government wants to be in the firing line when this results in people not getting their salaries on time.

The main focus of the proposal appears to be employers, who once having deducted P.A.Y.E from their employees, are slow in passing it on to the Tax Authorities.

One of the reasons why 'Cash Flow' has become critical to the HMRC is the explosion in the number of people who are considered self employed or Directors of their own Company. They fill in annual Tax returns along with expense claims, which are then assessed by the H.M.R.C.

Cash flow is King, especially during a recession.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No wonder the UK's Economy is in dire straits, when you have idiots, who do nothing better than sit onthier backsides all day, Comming out with ideas like this. Sack the whole lot of them is what I Say. Is this not the same group, who came up wth the idea, that the pope should have flavoured condoms named after him.

Beggars belief, no wonder this country is going down the pan.

Message to the UK Government, Keep your hands off my hard earned money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ah, as this is to do with the UK the word is "pay cheque".

I am not overly concerned by this proposition per se, although I don't think it would seriously work if the Inland Revenue effectively became the national payroll department. I think that it is more about companies providing more timely details of pay to avoid problems with over / under taxation based in incorrect tax codes. In recent weeks the Inland Revenue has revealed that tax reconciliation based on earnings has resulted in an alert that a great number of people have been over / under taxed, leading to demands for payment by people who have underpaid and reimbursement cheques for others who have over paid.

Regards

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Or they will try and hit us all with the same old bull crap. We are doing this to stop, fraud, illegal workers, etc. Hmms right , the Government just wants more of my pay at the end of the month, Which I work hard for. No way in hell. I can see this cauing more problems than soultions.

Will wait and see if anything comes of it. Hopefully nothing will.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Or they will try and hit us all with the same old bull crap. We are doing this to stop, fraud, illegal workers, etc. Hmms right , the Government just wants more of my pay at the end of the month, Which I work hard for. No way in hell. I can see this cauing more problems than soultions.

No, I think that the Government wants exactly what you are asked to contibute through income tax. No more and no less.

Regards

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is a terrible idea.

From the Paul Joseph Watson penned article Big Government To Seize All Paychecks

The system would be run by the same organization, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), that has become notorious for its botched handling of data and incorrect tax calculations which have forced people to spend months and even years trying to claim back unfairly claimed money seized by the taxman.

Prime Minister David Cameron and his side-kick Nick Clegg’s promise to deconstruct the Big Brother state in Britain has proven to be completely fraudulent. This is Big Brother on steroids, and it mimics a myriad of other programs on both sides of the pond that are being enforced as part of the same move towards total regulation and control over every aspect of our existence.

Read the article. It's really good.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I used to say that the tax man was bringing out a new tax form with just 1 question and 1 statement

1: how much do you earn

and

2: send it

so much for having a laugh

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is another move towards centralising power. How often do the wages dept of a company make mistakes.
It is easy once mistakes are spotted to go see the people in the wages office but I wonder what it will be like dealing with the faceless bureaucrats of government.
This newly proposed system would not cut our loopholes in avoiding paying direct tax. Our present system also has the same loopholes which would not be altered. I for one would not suggest what these loopholes are though I do know of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
let's see...there's states and cities here in the US that is issuing IOU's....
wonder how long it would take for our fed gov't to issue us all IOU's instead of any money from our paycheck....
at the moment, my boss can deliver my check into my hand at just about the same time, every other friday...I take it to the bank, and never had a problem cashing it....
this is a very bad idea....
it will probably take a few months for them to process all those checks...and by the time it gets to your home, there will be a stranger standing there to take it, because you've been evicted for non-payment of rent! that's if someone little keypuncher doesn't hit the wrong key, and it is sent to a completely different house (or think I am wrong here, think I read that they are just depositing in your account....)
I just trust my government to be competent on delivering my check in a timely manner....or to deliver it to me, for that matter...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So your emplyee send your wages to the government, the government the takes out taxes and pays it to you, on the surface it seems fair

However I'm not exactly sure where the government keeps this money but I assume that they will not be keeping it under their collective pillow cases, and assume it will be "resting" in a bank which will then pay the government MASSIVE amounts of interest, so they will end up getting more from your wages then they do now, you just won't see it, and your employer will earn less interest on their own money because it will spend time resting in a government account and not theirs.

Another problem I see with this is that if the bank that all of our wages are collectivley sitting in goes bye bye then the whole country doesn't get paid

edit on 20-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join