It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of The Prophet Muhammad in the Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune

Funny, I don't remember any homicide bombers in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by skajkingdom

Messiah means...Saviour and Deliverer.

edit on 21-9-2010 by mamabeth because: link was removed

No, mamabeth, Messiah means "anointed".
Let me write it one more time: Anointed.

Got it now?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I already answered that question earlier,NO!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune

Funny, I don't remember any homicide bombers in the Bible.

Samson?

The first suicide killer in the history. Took some 5000 or more people with him. Men, women, children, elderly people ... all of them.

Before that, he sodomozied foxes, by binding their tails, setting them on fire and letting them run around in the fields until they died miserably.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Originally posted by JonInMichigan

I guess I don't understand. Isn't it well accepted that Moohamed was born in the year 570 AD?

Isn't it interesting how the birthyear of the said "prophet" has been recorded and documented using a unit of measure of a certain "savior's" birthyear?

..You would both would have to concider the course of time and its effects upon the Birth of Prophets
.. ? if thee are 2 .. Christ and Anti-Christ ..and the 3rd Father ..Dragon (Satan) .. there would be .. atleast 3 .. sets of Prophets ... meaning .. each would have there own set of Birth Year and Reincarnations ... If you take the fact the Christ and Anti-Christ .. are Twins they would have the same Birth Year and Reincarnations... yet ..you still have to take into count that .. One of the Twins was Killed in time?... which caused a Rift for someon tried to Remove one from time ...but this is not possible for the spirit lives in Us all which lead to a different time for the other to be Reincarnated ...making a 3rd gap ..in time for another reincarnation event...
..The Sacrifce of Jesus .. completed the circle .. inwhich finished the loop .. bring about the 2nd comming...
...?... did I lose any one here>?....

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune
Imagine you're driving home and the road is slippery, your car skids though a barrier and straight off a cliff. It's a few seconds before you reach the ground and your certain death. In that few brief moments, being an athiest, who will you be supplicating to? Darwin?

That reminds me of a long drive home from a "Christian Youth Camp" as a kid.

One of the leaders had preached to us all week about fear of death, saying that he had no fear of death and would greet it gladly, knowing he would now be with his Lord, whereas the unsaved would be dragged out of this world in screaming terror, knowing they were bound to burn forever in hell.

And now this same leader was driving me along a gravel-edged track through the mountains.

Suddenly a chipper-truck roared past us, its huge wheels tearing up the road edge and shooting it at the windscreen. Rocks cracked the windscreen loudly on both sides and the camp leader screamed his head off and wet his pants. I shrugged my little shoulders and wondered what good religion was then.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Islam claims Allah is the only God, and yet, Muhammed is worshipped. The irony!

Please stop spreading ignorance.
Bring one single claim, verse, religious ruling or anything in Islam that says we should worship Muhammad or that show that muslims worship anyone but God alone.

Thank you.

You know whats rather comical is the way muslims come west and get off the bus as if no one in the west ever had an idea about an Almighty God. And condecend to teach us about this Allah who looks like some god of the sand as opposed to our God that took us to the moon already. Just saying if its a god for god sort of thing this Allah guy looks weak. And if Allah is the same as our Almighty its clear that he has been working with us and you have zero headway on us in that department. We have been reading his prophets for years and this mohamed looks like an oddball mixed up dide with way to much sand in his head.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

According to Webster's New World College Dictionary,4th edition...
Messiah:anointed,expected Saviour,deliverer.The promised
and expected deliverer of the jews.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Messiah means anointed. Christians wanted a make believe savior to save them.
www.jewfaq.org...

• The idea of mashiach (messiah) is an ancient one in Judaism • The Jewish idea of mashiach is a great human leader like King David, not a savior • There is much speculation about when the mashiach will come • The Bible identifies several tasks that the mashiach will accomplish • Jews do not believe in Jesus because he did not accomplish these tasks

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Please stop spreading ignorance.
Bring one single claim, verse, religious ruling or anything in Islam that says we should worship Muhammad or that show that muslims worship anyone but God alone.

Thank you.

Because Muhammed, the one who is praised, his word is taken as more important than Jesus' words - which were of truth, but the words of Muhammed are to twist the truth into a dangerous lie designed to create people, when following the religion of Islam flawlessly, who wage war on the world in vain. This is exactly against the teaching of Jesus and the order of God's plan for the world. We have become spiritual adults now and require to learn patience and tolerance and humility -- Not war, like Barabbas.

The fact that Muhammed is listened to at all is proof of His worship.

And the irony that Muhammad is taken at his word that Jesus is not the Son of God as Jesus Himself certainly admits, and yet, at the same time, claiming that Jesus was the Messiah, is pure and foolish irony.

What madness is it that the Quran would have Christians be Christian and yet not believe in Jesus as His Holiness? Because it is muhammad, the one who is praised, it is his mission to destroy forgiveness because it is his selfish believe that the world will be overrun by godless and selfish people if the faithful don't fight back.

But he is WRONG. He is in fact, a perfect example of fear and anger. There is nothing holy about such fear and anger.

So, your prophet Muhammad, the one who is praised, the one who wages wars, no - he is not in the Bible to suit your needs. The term translated to "muhammad" is the term "praised" which refers to Yehuda or Judah by name if it is not just a simple passive verb.

No manipulative conversion happening here today.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
... ?.. You do realize that claiming . Allah as God .. is the unforgivable Sin .. in God's Eyes ..
...?.. right...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
John 16:7 (King James Version)

16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

16:4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

16:5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Muslims do not worship Muhammad. Surprising people can be so ignorant!
Oh well.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In Islam, Shirk (Arabic: شرك‎) or polytheism means to consider anyone god other than the God, Allah.[1] Shirk is also associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to others beside him, or not believing in his characteristics.[1][2]

Within Islam, shirk is the most heinous and unforgivable crime.[1] Allah forgives any sin except for committing shirk.(4:48) It is the vice that is opposed to the virtue of tawhid, literally "declaring [that which is] one", often translated into the English term monotheism.[1][

Allah (Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤːɑːh] ( listen)) is the standard Arabic name for God

... it is still wrong to Claim .. Allah .. is God .. ..
..it is either Allah .. or ... God .. not both ?..
..?..
.. That is the same as claiming . that .. One .. is the only Religion .. which is in itself . .FLASE..teaching

edit on 21-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Think about this for a minute, Male=God, plural=Gods, feminine=Goddess.......Allah=neither male, female or plural....but singular. No trinity, no holy Ghost, But one.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

According to Webster's New World College Dictionary,4th edition...
Messiah:anointed,expected Saviour,deliverer.The promised
and expected deliverer of the jews.

That tells you what people TODAY understand under that word. Not what it means.
The word Mashiach (hebrew) or Masih (arabic) means ANOINTED. Not "saviour" and not "deliverer". The word means "to anoint". To apply parfume or oil on the head. Kings and priests were in this way "anointed".

Jesus, who by the way IS NOT THE ONLY ONE in the bible called Messiah - there are many "messiahs" - was anointed, which means chosen by God, God sent, his Messenger and Prophet.

"Messianism" as understood today, was a philosophy created by Jews, for deliverance. They CREATED this belief that the anointed one will come to save them from the roman empire and restore Israel and make it the ruling nation of the world. But it is not a teaching in the Bible. It is an idea which developed later, so that at one time they were even expecting 2 Messiahs - a priestly Messiah, and a King Messiah.
They were also expecting "That Prophet" - that is why they asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah, Messiah or "that Prophet"?
They knew very well which Prophet they were refering to. The one from Deuteronomy 18. And they CLEARLY made a distinction that Messiah (Christ) is NOT that Prophet.

So, who is "that Prophet" they were expecting?

edit on 9/21/2010 by skajkingdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

.. again . you are . comparing a bilief to the word of God .. which is a Sin .. in Gods eyes..
... you can say .. god is .. Allah*GOD) ..and ..God is God .. but can not .. say Only one religion is right .. for all teach Gods word.. and with out realizing this .. you are lost to his true word...
.. you can not claim that .. Allah .. is the only God ... .. but can say .. Allah means God to you .. as does God means God to me .. .. ?.. understand?...

... Just as I heard on a video few days ago .. a man clained to found the name of god.. which is wrong to claim . he . found .. Yahuw ... and claimed this is the name of the savior .. but he was mistaken .. for to claim such a thing is still sin .. but I forgive him.. for his mistake for Yahuw . .. means You ... You are your own Savior .....
... Your Way is Salvation Yahweh=Your Way .. Jesus=Salvation .. Yahweh + Jesus .. Your Way is Salvation

edit on 21-9-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by Vonour

Think about this for a minute, Male=God, plural=Gods, feminine=Goddess.......Allah=neither male, female or plural....but singular. No trinity, no holy Ghost, But one.

???

Think about this for a minute.

Allah

The term Allāh is derived from a contraction of the Arabic definite article al- "the" and ʼilāh "deity, god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God" (ho theos monos).[4] Cognates of the name "Allāh" exist in other Semitic languages, including Hebrew and Aramaic.[3] Biblical Hebrew mostly uses the plural form (but functional singular) Elohim. The corresponding Aramaic form is ʼĔlāhā אֱלָהָא in Biblical Aramaic and ʼAlâhâ ܐܰܠܳܗܳܐ in Syriac.[13]

Just look under etymology.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
All power and authority is given to Christ, the power of everlastling life. Any admixture in this truth is false.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The jews rejected Jesus because He was not the messiah they were expecting. The jews prayed for deliverance, but did not pay attention to what God's plan regarding their deliverance was (as usual).

Jesus is the one who God continued to promise, even when the jews were asking God for a deliverer for the physical world.

They convinced themselves that God promised them something different than what God actually promised -- but that does not mean that they made up the whole idea of a deliverer.

People rarely even know what's good for them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join