It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of The Prophet Muhammad in the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune

My friend, if you rely on web translators, you might get yourself into big troubles.
I once had to write someone a letter in dutch using online translator that came out like:
"Dear sir I want to fly your kite and have sex with your dear wife.”..

what that Rabbi is saying is : Mah _ Madim. Not Muhammad or muhammadim.
As I said, Mah_Mad means Darling, precious thing.

In Hebrew you can in certain words use different “Vowels” OR none.
Muhammad can be written like this:
מֻחָמַד
or
מוּחָמַד

they will both sound the same and both will mean Muhammad.

However, in this case the word is using different “vowels”.:מַחֲמַדִּים
totally different things.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Mohammed is most definately mentioned in the bible!
He is mentioned in the book of revelation as the one
deserved of the same fate as satan.The FALSE PROPHET.

Although not mentioned by name, I totally agree. A false prophet.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Thank you, Fam,

Yes, Mohammed or Muhommad however you spell it was a PROPHET.

Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

DERAIL WARNING * * * DERAIL WARNING * * *

OK, thanks for that, however, the discussion relates to מַחֲמַדִּ translating to Muhammad...

nothing to contribute, move along, go have something to eat...

Verily Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds to Gardens beneath which rivers flow; while those who reject Allah will enjoy (this world) and eat as cattle eat; and the Fire will be their abode. (47:12)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Riiight ...

If you had actually READ the book of revelation, and not pulled those words out of your .... you would know that, Revelation, in line with Jesus' words says that those prophets who would not testify about him would be false.

You see, not only does Muhammad, peace be upon him, testify about Jesus - but it is a TENET OF FAITH in Islam to accept ALL prophets, including Jesus.

It is quite another thing that prophecies about Muhammad, even by Jesus himself got "conveniently" distorted by followers of Paul who HIJACKED christianity, so that now for example we have John saying "Paracletos" instead of "Periclytos" and translated as "counselor" instead of "Praised One" or in ARAMAIC, just like Jesus spoke: MUHAMMAD.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

All prophets are false when it get's down to it.
Tell me what you think.
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Tell me what you think.
www.messiahtruth.com...

Come on Mr Rebel, is that the best you got???

If you're busy please give this your full attention when you have time, I know you can do better than that...right?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Of course I can do better. But I like seeing people react to what I present to the table. How they view different religious beliefs and what they about them. Surprising is how many of them play the peace card and yet play the hate card at the same time.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Lets not derail here. The issue is, Muhammad is mentioned in the old testament – true or false.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
But the OT didn't come with those marks. Those marks, as used today, didn't exist until after Muhammad was born and had died. And seeing as (current) spoken hebrew was brought back from complete and total lack of use after over a thousand years, I'd be willing to bet there'd be more than a few pronunciation errors in today's spoken hebrew.

So isn't it very possible that bible transcribers saw the word MHMD, and assumed that it meant "lovely one" instead of a proper name?

For the sake of exercise, what does that sentence say if you left the MHMD as Muhammad instead of translating it as "Lovely one"?

PS: Also, just to derail the issue some more (by bringing it back on track according to the thread title, since the OP didn't mention that Muhammad need be mentioned by name), what about the Deut 18 thing?

edit on 21-9-2010 by babloyi because: adding postscript

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Tell me what you think.
www.messiahtruth.com...

Well, the Info on that Site is right: There was NO prophet like Moses in Israel anymore. The prophet "like him" in the chapter 18 is said that would come from among "their Brethren". Who are the brethren of Jews? Arabs. Since Jews are descendants of Isaac, and Arabs of Ishmael (Isaacs brother).

And in line with God's saying that "never again will there come a prophet like Moses TO ISRAEL" -
Muhammad wasnt sent to Israel. He was from Arabia. And was sent to all the worlds.

Deut. 18:18 says: "I will establish a prophet for them from among their brethren, like you, and I will place My words in his mouth; He shall speak to them everything that I will command him".

Qur'an 2:252 says: "These are the Signs of Allah. We rehearse them to you in truth: Verily you are one of the apostles."

The Site is also right in that Paul hijacked christianity and bastardized it by mixing it with pagan beliefs, trying to deify Jesus, a man, and a Prophet:

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).
(Qur'an, 9:31)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Te'amey Hamikra

To me that looks and possibly sounds like Team America, could the bobble be forewarning us of Kim Il Sung or just the movie itself, incidentally is "kim" mentioned in the book or any other soundalikes, we could be on something here.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Some get dreams, some say something stupid then somebody else thinks and it's intresting to make the prophecy true and they follow the plot, some get lucky and it turns out true, some use their common sense and see events coming stating there is going to be a big war ahead, and it comes true because it's logical to assume that looking at your suroundings. Dreams are intresting I would say, they can say things then you start to wonder. Makes you think about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. Why dont people spend their time on something that actually matters, like watching the latest reality TV show? Im being serious when I say that reality TV does a lot more good for humanity than religion ever has done - and that says something about religion.

You can twist the words in the bible to fit practically anything you choose to. Of course Islam will have similarities with christianity, because islam took all the bits it wanted from all the surrounding religions, including pagan, to trick as many people as possible into following it. And those it didnt trick, were forced into submission.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
And those it didnt trick, were forced into submission.

Sure. Judging something without even knowing it. That's "good for humanity".

How about you read first, see what it has to say?

When to him are rehearsed Our Signs, "tales of the ancients", he cries!
- Quran, 68:15

Your Allah is one Allah. As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, their hearts refuse to know, and they are arrogant.
-Qur'an, 16:22

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Yea I do think I recall that his name was in the bible, but I think Jesus said his name Was Judas Iscariot.... Let me ask you a question if I walked out of a cave today and said An Angel spoke to me and gave me the word of God what would you say?

Easy, it has already been answered (around 50AD):

Galatians 1:8-9

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Jesus/Yeshua was not a prophet!
He was God in flesh!When He was
nailed to the cross,He said,it is finished.
All claiming to be prophets after this,are
all false prophets,including muhammad!
Any religion started after an "angelic" visitation,
is a false religion.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

To answer your question...
FALSE

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by skajkingdom

Jesus/Yeshua was not a prophet!
He was God in flesh!When He was
nailed to the cross,He said,it is finished.
All claiming to be prophets after this,are
all false prophets,including muhammad!
Any religion started after an "angelic" visitation,
is a false religion.

Sure.

They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. There is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him). (Qur'an, 9:31)

You have been fooled by Paul, and you don't wanna see the truth.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Some get dreams, some say something stupid then somebody else thinks and it's intresting to make the prophecy true and they follow the plot, some get lucky and it turns out true, some use their common sense and see events coming stating there is going to be a big war ahead, and it comes true because it's logical to assume that looking at your suroundings. Dreams are intresting I would say, they can say things then you start to wonder. Makes you think about it.

You've got a good point there, let's look at that for a moment. You know how it is with prophecy, always so non-specific. Let's look at the direct kind:

* The day of judgement will not come until the desert Bedouin compete with one another constructing taller and taller buildings.

* In the last days someone will say such and such a person is 'cool' (as a complement) although he will have no faith.

* In the last days women will be dressed but appear naked.

* The last days will see the leadership of the unfit (i.e. those unfit to lead).

* Music and musical instruments will be found in every home.

* Adultery and fornication will be performed in the open.

There's no confusion in this, direct and no interpretation needed. There is much much more, coming from an Arab in the desert 1400 years ago, you can't but impressed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join