It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of The Prophet Muhammad in the Bible

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

["What will give me everlasting life?"]

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

[I'll give you a hint. It has nothing to do with any such barbaric concepts as crucifixion, blood in exchange for sins, transferability of sin, or any of that.]

Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

the power of sin is the law

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Well, to go back to an earlier point I made about the name Muhammad being in the Bible. I searched for the earliest known text of the Hebrew I could find, and put in the words "altogether lovely" and it translated into English as "my cousin".

And that was what gave you my S/F my friend. What I don't understand is all these people trying to beat that to spread lies and inhumanity and lovedisorder.

HAVE you got these rolls?

edit on 23/9/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/9/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic because: WELL PERHAPS NOT THE F. THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF night guys

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by The time lord

Ohhhhhhhhhh...so you don't know it at all. You were just saying what you had read somewhere, but you haven't read the Quran (or even just the parts relevant to what you were discussing). Now when I ask you where you got such strange ideas from, you post a quote (without referencing where you got it from), and then say that I should look it up if I'm interested? I'm sorry, if you are going to make claims, you should be the one ready to back them up, not me.

You got your quote from this website?
Because it doesn't give references either.

www.hyperhistory.net...

I want to be wrong, I want someone to show me that the timeline of Moses and Noah in Quran was never close to each other or what my quote from another website says. At the sametime, I prefer if people looked for them selfs that way people can prove that maybe I am wrong. I am still second hand knowledge why believe me or them as you said? I am trying to expand areas of arguement, I would have expected someone to prove it wrong on ATS.

I do know this, the Bible specifically states that the Isaac and not Ismael is the promised seed.

Yes you are right I did read it somewhere and have not read all the Quran, I read quotes of the Quran and heard what others have said as well.
But have you people really read the Quran because people seem to think its nice and tolerant and a top-up for Bible lastest edition on how humanity should behave as an extention to improving mankind.

I have faith in what other Christains say because they are less likely to lie about what they say, it is not in their book to lie where I am sure the Quran talks about the acts of deception as something to be gain from.

On the other hand we find deception as being part of the language of the Quran, it is used as a statergy of war or conversion.
We know that Jesus of the Quran is not the Jesus of the Bible, but for some reason people seem to equate that its an extention of the Bible, again another way to fit in but what we do find is the calling of Christians as Blasphamy for saying such things that Jesus is the Christ, there is no diplomatic answers for Jews and Christians to be best of friends in the Quran.

This is followed by the laws of the land in Muslim Countries for women or Christians, which means woman can be stoned to death or they have to cover them selves up because that is written in the Quran, and rape victims need 4 men as witnesses and usually the victim gets cained. People might say the Quran does not say women should be covered up but it does.

Topple this with the fact Christians are not exactly seen as best of friends or are allowed to preach in Muslim countries, or Christains who bring more than one Bible at the airport have them confiscated has something to do with how the law of Islam works.
All the laws that you see being past on the News or Muslim attitudes towards the rest of the non-Muslim world can be found in what they read.

If Muslims in Europe do not want Crosses in schools because they find it offensive you assume it is just their sensativies of being an outsider who just wants everyone to fit into society. The fact is it is because Muhammad hates crosses or pictures of Christ, it is written in the Quran and people behave according to what they have read.

You can stir up a hornets nest across the world if you burn the Quran because that is the mode of thought, they will attack Christians because of it.

Anyway I will leave you people to extend your knowledge of this subject, maybe prove people like me wrong or prove your selfs wrong along the way.

edit on 23-9-2010 by The time lord because: Extended argument

edit on 23-9-2010 by The time lord because: spelling.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"lovedisorder"

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

Last of all, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said.
"But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance.'

Let God be true, and every man a liar.

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I knew that Muhammad was one of history's most famous homosexuals, but his birth being foretold in a love song by another man! I guess the verdict is in.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's an interesting tid-bit, most muslims say that Mohammed was a prophet.. yet he made no prophecies..
on top of that, the only miracle he claimed to do was ride a donkey to Jerusalem in one night and back to (i think) Mecca, and the only person to witness it was Mohammed, and of course his donkey. Top class.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I have to apologize. Muhammad was not a homosexual. He was a pedophile. Huge difference of course. I support gay marriage/repeal of DADT, but i like to imagine that if i lived in Muhammed's hellish 7th century warlord government I wouldn't have fearly expressed support for his rape of innocent children.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If I recall he'd marry a teenager. Of course times we're different then.
???

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I might be wrong. I'm not a muslim but I believe she was like 9 or 12....when he made the marriage 'official.' almost all my knowledge of islam comes from incidental exposures in political science but I've seen this fact many times and feel pretty solid about it. As far as the theocratic aspect of that goes in my mind, he claims to have done all these things by command of God, while operating has his right hand 'final prophet.'

I am strongly anti-Islam in the sense that I am very very weary of its political component, which is imbeded in the religion like no other major world religion. On a more theocratic point though; say what you want about christianity, buddhism, whatever, but in the modern world religion's proper place is in the private sphere and I'd be much more comfortable with 6 billion little buddhas or christs running around then even 1-2 billion little mohammeds.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You're right she was nine years old.
Here's an article I found discussing the issue.
listverse.com...

While it is true that he married a girl that was at the age of nine that does not constitute pedophilia. Historically, the age at which a girl was considered ready to be married has been puberty. This was the case in Biblical times, and is still used today to determine the age of marriage in many parts of the world. This was part of the norm and is not something that Islam invented. The girl he got married to had reached puberty 3 years before marriage. It is upon reaching the age of puberty that a person, man or woman, becomes legally responsible for their actions under Islamic law. At this point, they are allowed to make their own decisions and are held accountable for their actions. It should also be mentioned that in Islam, it is unlawful to force someone to marry someone that they do not want to marry. There is no indication that the society at that time criticized this marriage due to the girl’s young age. On the contrary, the marriage was encouraged by the girl’s family and was welcomed by the community at large.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swash_buckle

interesting where does that comes from?

Zecheriah,Matthew-
Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

are the democrats using the donkey symbol still?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Good find dude. I notice that you picked a pretty fair source. If any of this interests you I encourage you to delve into what you can about the political nature of Islam. Its going to be a major challenge to the West, especially post 'war on terror' years. Its a really interesting topic and it'd suit you well to get educated before we start experiencing the same problems Europe currently is.

I think you'll find that alot of the inflamatory things peole like to say about Muhammed are more a direct rebellion against its political nature and the repercussions thats giong to have on the West in the coming decades. I my self love saying inflamatory things about the war-lord/holy-man despite the fact that I'm pretty irreligious. Start at muhammed's life and check out the early islamic conquests up to the early crusades, if you like history ofcourse. Its some of the most relevant history you'll ever read.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Jesus is not my king. He never fulfilled the necessary prophecies to become the Messiah!
www.jewfaq.org...

• The idea of mashiach (messiah) is an ancient one in Judaism • The Jewish idea of mashiach is a great human leader like King David, not a savior • There is much speculation about when the mashiach will come • The Bible identifies several tasks that the mashiach will accomplish • Jews do not believe in Jesus because he did not accomplish these tasks

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else get bothered by the fact that the mythical Jesus story was told about countless other saviour gods well before the fabricated Jesus Christ was lied into existence? Just saying. And who cares if Muhammad was in the bible? Just another Bible story for me to try to deprogram myself from.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm aware, all I know to tell you is I never knew any prophecies or religious wordings of any kind and yet like a friend showing up at the point of my death to save me, I heard His voice, here is another one of my favorite quotes-

Romans-
Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

have you considered them as a witnesses?

1Peter-
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Hebrews-
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
For to which of the angels did God ever say,
"You are my Son

Colosians-
he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Romans-
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse

Isaiah-
In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone ; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes' ?

edit on 23-9-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

No, nor would I. Dieties like Krishna and Horus were given just as much belief for their stories (the same story as Jesus), so what's to stop your Christ from being the one who is a witness? That's the problem, people believe what they were told to believe despite things like logic. So your argument is that the 20+ dieties who were around BEFORE Jesus, but had the SAME story that would LATER be attributed to Jesus were just some sort of cosmic witness. Despite being there FIRST, doing the SAME things, and being WORSHIPPED as the son of god...and let's just get this perfectly correct....SUN of GOD. Thank you. Now, as you're accustomed to, please quote verses from a highly fictional book that have nothing to do with this. If you get confused at any point, just tell me I'm going to hell. That always wraps it up with a neat little bow.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Sarcasm aside, I'll share a some of my own quotes in the spirit of you folks...

"Christianity has a built-in defense system: anything that questions a belief, no matter how logical the argument is, is the work of Satan by the very fact that it makes you question a belief. It's a very interesting defense mechanism and the only way to get by it -- and believe me, I was raised Southern Baptist -- is to take massive amounts of mushrooms, sit in a field, and just go, "Show me."

-Bill Hicks

"All ages can testify enough how profitable that fable of Christ hath been to us and our company." -Pope Leo X

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?” - Epicurus

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

so you believe everything you read so long as it is against the good news of Christ or only agrees with you which is what other than? have you seen an angel or heard a voice? do I think it was some jaccobs ladder mkultra thing-ABSOLUTELY not

John-
These are the Scriptures that testify about me

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

1Corinthians-
These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

edit on 23-9-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

"....SUN of GOD."

Jeremiah-
They will be exposed to the sun and the moon and all the stars of the heavens, which they have loved and served and which they have followed and consulted and worshiped.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join