It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim-American Soldier at Fort Hood Tells Al Jazeera: U.S. Army Training is ‘Propaganda Against I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So why is this soldier 1. in the US Army, 2.) Allowed to talk to them, 3.) not held accountable for his actions? If it's that bad, and you know you'l be fighting people of your own ilk, why would you do it. The Army should lock him down and BCD him today, he is a disgrace to our armed forces and a boon to our enemies, of which he is one. The world is going insane........

cnsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

from your very own news source:

A spokesman for Fort Hood told CNSNews.com that, as an American, Klawonn had a right to express his views and that he had informed his commanding officer that he was going to appear on Al-Jazeera. The spokesman said the Army did not agree with what Klawonn said.

So he was given permission and allowed to express his views. I do not see how he broke any laws or how he is "the enemy"?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I suppose propaganda is and has always been an important part of military strategy. The main enemy to the US military at the moment is the Taliban. Considering the Taliban is an Islamic militant movement, it makes sense that the propaganda be directed at them.

Unfortunately it is difficult to specifically direct propaganda against the Taliban in particular, so I imagine there is a lot of cross over of propagandist material into mainstream Islam as well. This unfortunately gives the appearance that the attack is on Islam itself. When in actual fact it is merely a response to an enemy who just happens to be Muslim, and base their own military doctrine on extreme adaptions of Islamic beliefs.

Certainly one way to look at it. But which ever way you do, I think currently the American military is no place for a Muslim, I can't imagine how you could reconcile this conflict with yourself if you were.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Unfortunately, the US Military doesn't allow one to leave just because you don't approve of the choice of enemy. In addition, some people might join just so that they can assist in keeping the battle lines focused. Other might join because they don't believe in the hysteria and honestly believe they are just fighting against extremists.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I admit that it's my gut reaction to agree with the OP. Perhaps I'll wait until the President tells me whether this expression of free speech endangers servicemen before I decide.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
lol, really.

biggest BS i ever read.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Can you imagine the backlash from the media if he hadn't been "allowed". If he wants to talk about propoganda, this entire thing is, from his permission, to his statements.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Can you imagine the backlash from the media if he hadn't been "allowed". If he wants to talk about propoganda, this entire thing is, from his permission, to his statements.

Not sure if we would have heard anything if he was not "allowed". This happens quite a lot from what I have gathered. No talking to the press is allowed without approvals from your CO. Now if the guy disobeyed his CO and talked to the press anyway after being told no, I would be 100% behind him being dicharged and punished severely.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm sure this would have come to light either way.......islam has a way of being the poster child for the abused society of the day. I understand you have to have permission from you CO, but he could have easlity gotten around it, this way he appears more legit, and the Army doesnt get an even bigger black eye, by denying him religious freedoms or some other nonense.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hopefully this guy is being kept a close eye on.

The most infamous Fort Hood soldier was not.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

see this reminds me of general mccrystals aid the comments that he made got him fired and replaced with patreas.

but now when a muslim american does the same things its looked over.

clearly clearly proving his statements a lie.

top topics

join