It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange World of Inherited Memories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
After reading the following ATS Post, I became interested in the theory of cellular memory.
Simply put, Cellular memory is the theory that "cells of the body retain memories independently from the brain".
Definition

In our modern era of human organ transplants, these stories have cropped up fairly regularly.

Fascinating Cellular Memory anecdotes:
1. A woman who received a heart from woke up with inexplicable food cravings
2. An organ receipient woke up with a sudden liking for classical music
3. A young girl who received an organ suddenly had intense memories and nightmares of a brutal physical attack.
Link to Anecdotes

An interesting story was in the press last year where it was claimed that certain Israeli military doctors were using organs harvested from killed or wounded Palestinian fighters.

According to The Times, Boström’s article “accuses the Israeli Army of harvesting organs from Palestinians wounded or killed by soldiers.”
This claim is linked to the charges of black-market organ trafficking by Levy-Izhak Rosenbaum, one of the flock of characters recently arrested in a corruption and money-laundering racket that revolved around New Jersey politicians.

Link to Quote

Now I am not claiming the claim is true, but it does raise a rather interesting philosophical question. If the Cellular Memory theory proves to be correct,
will the "supposed" Israeli soldiers display pacifist or anti-Israel tendencies?

I'll leave you with this:

Organ Transplants and Cellular Memories

According to this study of patients who have received transplanted organs, particularly hearts, it is not uncommon for memories, behaviours, preferences and habits associated
with the donor to be transferred to the recipient.
Extracted from Nexus Magazine, Volume 12, Number 3 (April - May 2005)
by Paul Pearsall, PhD
Gary E. Schwartz, PhD
Linda G. Russek, PhD

www.paulpearsall.com...

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ive always been a fan of celluar memory.
Such an interesting, little known topic.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cheddartoes

I wonder if there are any organ recipients on ATS (or members who anyone) with any strange stories to tell. Would love to hear some firsthand experiences.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There was a show on History Channel last night about this.

I think it was called "That's Impossible" or something like that.

top topics

join