It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA tests Mars-type rovers in Arizona desert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Link
9/20/10

The NASA team has wrapped up its Desert RATS Analog mission, an intensive series of tests of new aerospace equipment and technology. This year marks the mission's thirteenth year, held at the Black Point Lava Flow test site in the northern Arizona desert.

Well thats cool, they just spent 7 days living in this thing testing it out.
When exactly are we going to Mars?

Anyway I saw the article this morning and thought I would share.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Cool thanks for sharing!

I too wonder when we are going to Mars and more importantly where do I sign up?!

I hope by the time I am done with school I can work on projects that involve Mars exploration. It would be amazing to be apart of that, like a dream come true for me.

S&F for you!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

edit on 9/20/2010 by mblahnikluver because: erased double post

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I hope by the time I am done with school I can work on projects that involve Mars exploration. It would be amazing to be apart of that, like a dream come true for me.

One of the professors at the university I went to developed a sensor for one of the NASA Mars missions. (the most recent one, I forget the name) While it isn't human exploration (yet!) it is at least a step in the right direction.

I too would love to see us go to Mars, but I don't think it is economically feasible at this point in time.

top topics

join