It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb blast injures 3 kids in N. Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Bomb blast injures 3 kids in N. Ireland

www.presstv.ir

Police said a bomb exploded without warning in a wheelie bin in Lurgan in South Armagh, injuring three children who were playing nearby.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What's this about?

What do these attackers want>?

I haven't heard much from them, so if someone could fill me in, I would appreciate it.

Everyone wants something, the news source doesn't say what they want, at all, for some reason:

The dissident republicans have recently stepped up their activity within the province with several failed bomb attacks against security forces.

No reason:

"The people of Northern Ireland have made it abundantly clear that they do not want violence on our streets," he said.

No Reason:

"I want to take this opportunity to appeal to anyone who might think that violence this weekend will achieve anything to step back and think again. Violence is not the way forward," added Ford.

No reason..

Someone please fill me in

thanks

oz

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
They're obviously freedom fighters Ooz. The same ilk as those you say are freedom fighters killing children, adults, westerners, et al, in the ME.

What is so hard to grasp?

Oo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I asked for a reason, what is the reason behind these attacks?

What do they want?

Do you wanna take it back to that same discussion I already had before, it seems you either read it or was involved in it..

So once again, do you know the reason, please fill me in.

edit on 20-9-2010 by oozyism because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
They're obviously freedom fighters Ooz. The same ilk as those you say are freedom fighters killing children, adults, westerners, et al, in the ME.

What is so hard to grasp?

Oo

The IRA in any incarnation are not freedom fighters. Take it from someone who has been stuck on the underground when a bomb is discovered and there's nowhere to go and nothing to do but wait to see how many die at the station you are about 15 meters from. They also targeted many of the military bases I served at, and pubs that my colleagues went to to relax after a work. Add to that the fact that everyone is fair game when it comes to their terror attacks and you have a group of people who may as well be led by Al-Qaeda.

They treat the whole country as if it were filled with enemy combatants, when really the true menace is their methods.

Sorry to rant...

Rev

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The reason they are doing this is because they are fed up with british rule in Ireland. They want the 32 counties to be united as one. There should be no such place as Northern Ireland.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I'm still interested in knowing why, why are they doing what they are doing?

Two replies now, but non mentions why because they have let themselves get overwhelmed by emotions.

It would help the discussion if you explain why, I don't think there is anyone who doesn't condemn attacks against innocent civilians, but the question still remains, why would someone do that?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by youjokers
The reason they are doing this is because they are fed up with british rule in Ireland. They want the 32 counties to be united as one. There should be no such place as Northern Ireland.

So they are doing this to gain their independence?

I thought there was already an independent Ireland?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yes but Ireland should be 32 counties not 26. Northern Ireland was taken by the brits and Ireland want it back. I don't think they ever will get it back though.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yes but Ireland should be 32 counties not 26. Northern Ireland was taken by the brits and Ireland want it back. I don't think they ever will get it back though.

So what is the root cause of this incident?

The British refusal to let go of a piece of land? What philosophy tells us to risk innocent lives, just so you can have control of a piece of land, and the people on it?

The same goes for IRA.

Has the root cause been established at this point?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The root cause is the british army and government crusading all over the world killing who the please, invading countries and trying to take them as part of their empire.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The root cause is the british army and government crusading all over the world killing who the please, invading countries and trying to take them as part of their empire.

Very interesting history:

Following the signing in 1921 of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, which ended the War of Independence, a split occurred within the IRA. Members who supported the treaty formed the nucleus of the Irish National Army founded by IRA leader Michael Collins. However, much of the IRA was opposed to the treaty. The anti-treaty IRA fought a civil war with their former comrades in 1922-23, with the intention of creating a fully independent all-Ireland republic. Having lost the civil war, this group remained in existence, with the intention of overthrowing both the Irish Free State and Northern Ireland and achieving the Irish Republic proclaimed in 1916.

en.wikipedia.org...
Britain used the oldest trick in the book to divide Ireland and disallow the full loss of the Irish territory (divide and conquer).

This is exactly what they have done all across the world, people don't even understand what is happening in Somalia, they don't know the reasoning, as if it doesn't matter, but it does, because if you see the reasoning, you will see how easy the solution is.

The thing is, the control freaks don't want to show the reasoning, because it makes them look bad, hence Britain, US, Russia etc.. Then makes the resistance legitimate..

edit on 20-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wrong, its about Religion, Catholics and Protestants, also NI voted to remain British just like the other 14 colonies we have.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is old news.

Happened last month.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by oozyism

Wrong, its about Religion, Catholics and Protestants, also NI voted to remain British just like the other 14 colonies we have.

What did the voting paper say

That would be interesting to know.

When was the voting conducted? Before the uprising, after the uprising, or after the civil war.

The timing is very important, let me give you a hint so you can understand how these little tricks work:

“will take place when it will be in the interest of the ruling establishment and once the public opinion is ready,”

www.bloomberg.com...

Now examine the above passage very carefully, see if you will click

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Reason? You ask for reason where none exists! Perhaps many moons ago there was a reason for what these people do.
If you ask them yourself why they do what they do , some will pontificate and blather on about thier national pride (either side of the long war will swear they are there to protect thier communities from the other side) .

The truth , is that all they do now, is spread fear and instability , making it easier for certain members to make a killing selling weapons to eachother, and drugs to the kids and vunerable adults who are caught up in the troubles.
Its all a sham now. Maybe back in the days when Britains military wore red jackets and muskets at thier backs there was a genuine cause for the republicans, and maybe when lives were taken at random by republicans, there was an excuse for unionists to go mess something up. As it is , with everything bought to a close fairly fully as it has been for a little while now, theres no excuse to re start this idiot meatgrinder again.
All it is now, is a bunch of well trained , violent thugs on both sides, trying to sell more drugs than the other side, and other branches of thier own side, in order to become the prime supplier. Its just that where gangsters do these things with guns and bad suits, these thugish punk idiots do it with explosive devices with nails and razors in them, and use terror on a massive scale to crush the spirit of the law abiding person.
Its like I said, there are no reasons any more. Just poor excuses, and the drying bones of the dead.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Basically the groups who call themselves "IRA" are people opposed to politics and the peace process in Northern Ireland. The idea is to unite Ireland by force.

en.wikipedia.org...

Very few men who fought with the IRA in the Troubles would still be active with similar groups now, they consist mostly of thugs and wannabes but they’re getting better.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by oozyism

WRONG. Go and read some history, not a British tabloid archive.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
None of the Northern Irish fight British rule, they hang Union Flags and paint them on walls, they are very patriotic and loyal, so much the Loyalists even bombed the Republic in the 80's. NI wants to be British and that pisses off the Rebublic

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I really hope this isn't a sign that Ireland is somehow going back to "the Troubles"...

Cowardly bastards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join