It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. trying to track missing weapons issued to Afghan police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
U.S. trying to track missing weapons issued to Afghan police

A massive hunt is on for tens of thousands of rifles, machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers that the U.S. government procured for the Afghan National Police but are unaccounted for, according to the NATO Training Mission in Afghanistan.

OH YEAH!..... This is incredable...

the Department of Defense procured more than 72,400 AK-47s, as well as heavy machine guns and RPG launchers for Afghan police. Coalition forces are attempting to track exactly where the weapons are — amid allegations by the military and others that some police weapons may have ended up in the hands of the Taliban.

EXACTLY How in the hell do you lose track of

AK-47 automatic assault rifles?!....

OMG, this has got to be the most significant source of proof History has ever provided that shows that the American Government is responsible for a large portion of deaths regarding our own troops and those of our allies through the misappropriation of weaponry such as this report details!

the GAO needs to act and act hard on this with an investigation and determination who is the root cause of this discrepancy... and them imprison them in Gitmo!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Maybe they sold the guns to the mexican drug cartels.

Does anyone else think they could have taken these for money?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Man, my mom ran for election in Afghanistan then this happens, I hope she doesn't win because I know what will happen to her when the US finishes its job in Afghanistan, packs its bags and leaves.

Then again she ran for Panshir, which is my moms home town, the heart of resistance against the Taliban.

This mis-management, or agenda based situation is just absurd

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
thats could arm an entire national army.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Be fair, they lose more than that back home in the US..

It's normal seepage..To them anyway...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Be fair, they lose more than that back home in the US..

It's normal seepage..To them anyway...

LOL!!... WELL HELL!!!

Where the heck is MY AK-47, dag nabbit! Any government Agents here wanna leak a RPG to a fellow American?.... How 'bout some C4, and a case of Fragmentation Grenades? Awe Heck... just bump the truck loose with a M203 and two cases of ammo and grenades!...

new topics

top topics

join