It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Problems for UFO Sightings in the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hello All

I just wanted to bring your attention to a new type of RC craft which will surely be making its way into UFO videos and sightings in the future.

As these toys become cheaper, more efficient (can carry heavier loads like LED lights), and easier to use.....I predict a lot of people will be fooled into thinking they are witnessing UFOs when in face it is simply another RC user.

In a way, this could possibly bring more attention to the subject from people who are not already exposed to it...but in the end I can see it leading to a sort of complacency where people do not care about objects floating around in the sky because so many of them are RC toys.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well first of all I must congratulate you on bringing this to the attention of the board. Perhaps others could add RC models as they come out, so that we here at ATS have some reference material , a database of false sighting causing objects

However on the point you made about complacency , I dont think that this sort of RC model will be causing any major issues for a while yet. You see they are incredibly light, and the merest draft can send them off course, and make them nigh impossible to control. Indoor use is fine, and most makers recomend that this class of RC be used in an interior environment only, because of stability issues when taken outside.
For outdoor use, a larger and heavier RC would normaly be required, because they are more stable, and have more power and can be more accurately controled when in breezy conditions.
What I am getting at, is that the class of RC you have refered to , is unlikely to be able to attain enough altitude to be mistaken for a genuine UFO. The higher you get , the faster the wind, meaning that the smaller lighter RC models will be incapable of anything more than say ten to fifteen feet if that. At that sort of range, you would still be able to tell that its a toy.
I have seen plenty of these sorts of things before, and they are really fun to fly, but you take them outdoors and it becomes a total nightmare control wise. You certainly couldnt mistake one for an elegant and well piloted UFO

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well hopefully this pushes us beyond a point of light in the sky and back, even, to the old days of "Ships" that looked like UFO's rather than indistinguishable light bulbs on a dark night.

Then we can stick to calling it CGI.

But I've never given a dot of light or 5 in the sky any credit. Unknown, yes.. But 99% of the time mundane I am sure.

It's funny, pre 60's UFO's were elaborate funky ships. then we started to catch on they're rubbish... so nothing for a few years.. then the advent of dots. Who can tell, is it alien? Is it ball lightening? ... then CGI. And ... read the cliffs for that..

And really, if a UFO is the size of a small point of light run by a balloon, lantern, RC machine, etc... we're afraid of midgets from mars!

Give me world domination class ships. In real Life !!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Same company- But this one is called the "Alien Flying Saucer".

Here is the link.

www.snelflight.co.uk...

I have none of these..butI do have an Air Hogs Dragonfly =)
But controlling it is hard when you go outside with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I like these ones...

Coanda Effect RC Flying Saucer test flight JLN Labs

Aesir Coanda-effect VTOL UAV

Italian UFO Enhancment UFO or Government Coanda Rffect experiment?

With all the Cell phone UFO spoof programs, the youtube morons making CGI saucers, the various RC models... it will indeed be almost impossible to sort them out.. and a total waste of time to sit through hours of BS to find that one good one... fortunately we have ATS to pick the good ones
Free research assistants

But I am sure all this fakery makes the debunkers happy... and the government can go on about its business as usual because no one cares anymore.. no disclosure required.

In fact the British MoD that released official UFO files for free has now put a price on them £3.50 for each file

Forget disclosure... they are tightening up again
You can thank all the hoaxers for creating APATHY

Oh and BTW the Avro Saucer of the 50's was a Coanda effect machine

edit on 20-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's not a problem. Nothing we can build will be anything like a genuine ETUFO.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I guess this is just all the more reason why, when somebody sees a "UFO" (or a YouTube video of one), they really need to hold off immediately running off to proclaim they've seen undeniable proof of alien spacecraft.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Can you show me a genuine ETUFO? Then I can dig up stuff we have to match it. But hard to make comparrisons without a true genuine ETUFO to look at

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Can you show me a genuine ETUFO?

No, but I do I really need to?

In a million years development, we've so far managed to get to the moon - the closest rock to us. In universal terms that's essentially no movement at all. If ETUFO's exist as we assume - and can travel at a bare minimum throughout the solar system (probably much further) then it stands to reason their crafts are nothing like anything we currently have or could even think of.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No, but I do I really need to?

Yes you do... because I want to see it

In a million years development, we've so far managed to get to the moon - the closest rock to us. In universal terms that's essentially no movement at all.

In your opinion... not based on my data base

If ETUFO's exist as we assume - and can travel at a bare minimum throughout the solar system (probably much further) then it stands to reason their crafts are nothing like anything we currently have or could even think of.

Why? Tesla thought of them 100 years ago. His designs are locked up somewhere in Los Alamos.. Our movie makers have 'thought up" all kinds of advanced spacecraft... far more advanced than need be for a simple hyperspace 'hop' across to Alpha Centauri...

Ask yourself why the NAVY has a url...
hyperspace.nrl.navy.mil...

Its been moved now but put that into wayback machine That link is about the OTHER tether that flew at the same time as STS75... the one that wasn't a flop like NASA's was

GO NAVY

new topics

top topics

join