It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Reportedly Killed Civilians for Sport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Reportedly Killed Civilians for Sport

www.politicsdaily.com

A group of rogue U.S. soldiers allegedly began a months-long spree starting last January in which they randomly targeted and killed Afghan civilians and even dismembered some corpses as well as photographing them and hoarding skulls and human bones, the Washington Post reported.

The Post identified the soldiers as members of a platoon from the 5th Stryker Combat Brigade of the 2d Infantry Division.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
War is a terrible thing. I most cases civilians should be left unharmed. In this case I feel differently.

The problem is the civilian population in Afghanistan is afraid of the terrorists, because of this the bad guys use civilians to feed and shelter them. The civilians know if they do not help Al-Qaeda and other such groups, they will be killed.

Because the civilians are helping Al-Qaeda be it not of their free will they essentially become Al-Qaeda and therefore the enemy.

I believe in order to end this war, fear needs to be brought down on the civilian population, if they fear us more than Al-Qaeda they would not help hide Al-Qaeda members and fighters.

Many of you will disagree with me here and that's ok because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

This is a necessary evil, sad yes but necessary. The Afgan people need to stop harboring terrorists and call them out, the sooner they learn that the sooner we will pull out and they can go back to their terroristic lifestyles.

www.politicsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

The civilians know if they do not help Al-Qaeda and other such groups, they will be killed.

Your statement is very vague, do you seriously believe that everyone who doesn't help those resistance groups are killed?

Please answer this question in honesty:
Do you believe if civilians don't help the US forces and other occupying forces, they will not be harmed?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This is a necessary evil, sad yes but necessary. The Afgan people need to stop harboring terrorists and call them out, the sooner they learn that the sooner we will pull out and they can go back to their terroristic lifestyles.

Thats just plain sick and there is a much better solution,

pull the freckin troops out!!!

After all it IS their country..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Thats just plain sick and there is a much better solution,

pull the freckin troops out!!!

After all it IS their country..

I think pulling out would be the ultimate solution, but in the mean time......

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I think pulling out would be the ultimate solution, but in the mean time......

In the mean time kill innocent civilians?? Thats what your saying...

The US will not win anytime soon so they should just pull up shop...

Hell, its not like they haven't lost a war before...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
so why are the american army in afghanistan I cant quite remember what happend

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
soldiers need practice in combat so they can stay on their game. the afgans love their Allah, he'll hookem up with 100 virgins or something like that? they should be praising us for putting them out of their pathetic misery.

no harm no foul

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That's some scary stuff, although I've heard of worse.

I hate to give info without links or facts, but maybe someone else will have heard of the female us troop who was raped by men in her battalion, then locked up to silence what was going on and keep people positive on the war...

Just seems like I can't understand the mindset of some people...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's truly sad...

Remember a while back the UK soliders caught wearing Burkas driving around shooting people to incite violence? I still wonder if that was a sick act by a few..

or orders given from a higher power???????

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Sorry I dont see any need for SS tactics these soldiers should be tried at the Hague and if found guilty executed.Knowledge of these activities by Afghans at large is not going to cause fear but hatred.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Well if they're essentially al quada why not just kill them. Nuke would do nicely. All those children are probably future al quada so that wouldn't matter either. /sarcasm

edit on 20/9/2010 by PsykoOps because: removed < > cause they don't display

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Something seems fishy about this report.

They dont list or say who the accusers were, or who was doing the investigations that led up to this 'reveal'.
It says that the military is investigating the accuasations, but not HOW they got the information in the first place.

Maybe I am wrong and missed it, if I am, please correct me. If I am wrong, I appologize for not reading this news report correctly.

Ok- I just re-read it, and I guess the accuasations were from 'another soldier'.

Hmm.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Common Good because: Edit to add

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

This is old news, it is just a repeated post, but don't tell the mods cause it seems many people haven't read it, or seen it on the news which is common and nothing new.

The investigation began when a soldier snitched to his/her superior in regards to drug usage, that soldier was beaten up therefore lead to a wider investigation which unraveled these crimes. I will try to find the source, I know it is not exactly as described above, but something close, just refreshing my memory..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join