It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers brand new force of nature

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

But wouldn't that mean that companion would have to be on the opposite side of the Sun from the spacecraft? Since Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11 themselves are on opposite sides of the Sun, shouldn't one of them be accelerating outward and one inward (with vastly different levels of acceleration)?

Both are showing sunward acceleration. Can you point out where that binary companion might be to cause such an effect? Somewhere inside their trajectories? But then wouldn't the effect be much stronger than it is and affect the orbits of the outer planets (at least)?

edit on 9/20/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My bet is on stronger intergallactic wind, but what do I know?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh lord, NASA really ought to get into the business of actual science. Blackholes and dark matter and all that nonsense is such a waste of public money! A new force? Please! It's no more than the spacecraft bumping up against a double layer (Langmuir Sheaths) produced naturally by Birkeland Currents in space.

In other words, standard old electrical and magnetic activity.

Please see the great (and actual scientific) work over at thunderbolts.info.

New force? Oh my.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
In order for any thing to go farther then it can see, it first must see farther then it can go...new force, why not just get past gravity, to see its gravity.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The article is too vague. Can't be gravity or solar radiation. Why can't it be gravity? Every object traveling through space with mass has gravity. Why can't it be a stream of radiation? Could be small particles impacting the probe and altering its trajectory. Or some sort of magnetic field. All are much more plausible than a "new force of nature". I didn' see anything official from NASA either.

www.disinfo.com...

Dr Philip Laing, a member of the research team tracking the craft, said: “We have examined every mechanism and theory we can think of and so far nothing works. “If the effect is real, it will have a big impact on cosmology and spacecraft navigation,” said Dr Laing, of the Aerospace Corporation of California.

So one of the researchers on the team isn't sure the effect is real. NASA hasn't released a statement. There are several more plausible explanations than new force of nature.

But I wonder if this is a rehash of something that happened 18 years ago.

On December 8, 1992, when Pioneer 10 was "only" 5.2 billion miles away, the craft experienced an unexpected course change. Astronomers think it was diverted slightly by the gravitational pull of a Kuiper Belt Object. Circling the Sun at vast distances beyond the outermost planets, Kuiper Belt Objects are asteroid-sized bodies similar in composition to icy Pluto.

science.nasa.gov...

I honestly can't find anything of particular interest with pioneer 10 in the past couple years. I think this is much ado about nothing.

Other problem Dr Laing isn't listed anyehre associated officially with NASA that I can discern. Hoax?

edit on 20-9-2010 by DrJay1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I am sure someone mentioned this already. www.dailygalaxy.com...
The "Great Attractor": What is the Milky Way Speeding Towards at 14 Million MPH?

Astronomers have known for years that something seems to be pulling our Milky Way and tens of thousands of other galaxies toward itself at a breakneck 22 million kilometers (14 million miles) per hour. But they couldn’t pinpoint exactly what or where it is...Andromeda--about 2.2 million light-years from the Milky Way--is speeding toward our galaxy at 200,000 miles per hour.......This motion can only be accounted for by gravitational attraction, even though the mass that we can observe is not nearly great enough to exert that kind of pull. The only thing that could explain the movement of Andromeda is the gravitational pull of a lot of unseen mass--perhaps the equivalent of 10 Milky Way-size galaxies--lying between the two galaxies.

So these craft and satellites are moving against the great attractor force?
Maybe they are being ever so gently swatted back into our solar system?...like "birdies" in badminton?

Space time curvature...makes sense...How about a space draft? A wind tunnel, or something like trade winds?

If the sun were at all moving away, pulling backward, they may be experiencing a vacuum like suction, or "wake" effect...

edit on 21-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
to sum up my thoughts

i dont think it is a "new" mystery particle. i think the makeup of the sun is changing. its a flux of magnetic pull/repulsion. the half life/decay of radioactive isotopes changing is an indicator that the sun is becoming more "Rapid" which we will interpret as change in spacetime & magnetic forces who knows what else
the suns magnetic field is affecting our solar system..we are seeing the effect in lighter smaller materials made from magnetically conductive materials.

as for the satellites
MAYBE THEY HAVE REACHED THE EDGE OF OUR GALAXY...AND ARE ENTANGLED WITH FORCES FROM OUTSIDE. PROBABLY THE CONSTANT OF SPACE DIFFERS THE FURTHER AWAY FROM THE SUN YOU GO

gravity does not reach... they are escaping the gravitational pull..reaching a new constant in a part of space which does not have our familiar gravitational pulls (ie. our sun) acting on it.

four to chose from: gravity, electromagnetics,strong & weak force...in this solar system all are controlled overwhelmingly by our sun.

i believe two of these are not working on the satellites any more....the suns gravity and strong force. As electromagnetic & weak force have an infinate range.

maybe the satellites are in "the area inbetween stars" and are being atracted by a new star and are developing a new constant???

edit on 21-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Awesome video!

reply to post by Darkeligos

Originally posted by Darkeligos
Gravity is dependent on mass, not magnetism. Two completely different forces.
Reasons:
1. You drop a magnet and a piece of plastic of the same weight, not one difference will be reported between the two.
2. Mars has no magnetic field today, yet still has gravity.
Not trying to be mean here, but I learned this in 5th grade through high school and it is quite simply a FACT.

I thought gravity itself is more of a theory ...
thehappyscientist.com...

We can use Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation to calculate how strong the gravitational pull is between the Earth and the object you dropped, which would let us calculate its acceleration as it falls, how long it will take to hit the ground, how fast it would be going at impact, how much energy it will take to pick it up again, etc.
While the law lets us calculate quite a bit about what happens, notice that it does not tell us anything about why it happens...For gravity, we use Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to explain why things fall...
...So when we are scientifically discussing gravity, we can talk about the law that describes the attraction between two objects, and we can also talk about the theory that describes why the objects attract each other.

Still scrolling through the replies...

edit on 21-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by theAymen
the chinese have worked it out...check out theyr new antigravity technology- google " chinese antigravity"
or here are links and some vids i found TO SHOW YOU HOW MAGNETS AND GRAVITY ARE UNIVERSAL..IF NOT THE SAME FORCE

No, the upwards force generated by the magnetic field is counteracting the downwards force generated by the earths gravity. They are not the same thing.

A neodymium rare earth magnet is suspended in mid air over a superconductor in a liquid nitrogen bath.

edit on 21-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: description

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Please Click Ear.....for more.....

The pulse waves listed above is having an electromagnetic effect on the Sun as well as Earth and every other cosmic object.
Of course this is an unseen though 'somewhat' known dimension depending on.....who you ask.

Much more meteorites on the way folks.
Don't forget your Uuum-brella and enjoy the fireworks when you can.
Know what I mean.

One often denies a certain innate sense of humor while in society.
As actors in another's play.
I find this 'disturbing' and unnatural.
You?

The actors often drivel on with their consequence.
The players often play 'their' games while burning the bridge Of their brethren.
There are many parallels between the 'law of gravity', the law of -attraction+.....and everyday life.
There's always a yin for that yang.....and so on.

OP, I believe you read the posted link the other day.
?

edit on 21-9-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

to sum up my thoughts

i dont think it is a "new" mystery particle. i think the makeup of the sun is changing. its a flux of magnetic pull/repulsion. the half life/decay of radioactive isotopes changing is an indicator that the sun is becoming more "Rapid"

No, the sun produces energy through fusion, not fission.

four to chose from: gravity, electromagnetics,strong & weak force...in this solar system all are controlled overwhelmingly by our sun.

No they're not, do you even know what the quantum mechanics do?

i believe two of these are not working on the satellites any more....the suns gravity and strong force. As electromagnetic & weak force have an infinate range.

I highly recommend you stop talking out of your arse, you may look impressive to kids who do not understand physics, but to anyone who has half an idea about it, you just look like an idiot spewing bs about things they don't understand.

I apologise if it seems harsh, but i'm sick of people talking about s*** they know absolutely nothing about.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Jerry_Teps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

>>> Burp!

you make me laugh

im looking at the "possible" idea the sun and the galaxy are fundamentaly electromagnetic. and i was trying to support the idea...its not fact i know.

but do you know what im sick of....people regurgitating the standard model of science, as we know it, and are not useing their knowledge to "help" understand the many topics we do not currently know.

electromagnetic galaxy...electromagnetic sun????? possibly...but if we depend on people like you....we will never know!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
NASA invent a "NEW Force" (Oh my God), TO DENY the existence that our Solar System IS a BINARY System...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well,

Someone said something about an extra-solar source. Could be that Brown Dwarf out yonder.

Then again I hear Nibiru is passing Jupiter about now on it's eliptical orbit.

Could some strange Gravitational dynamics be coming into play right now.

There is that new neutron/quasar/pulsar type star that is forming that has been identified as of recent.

It has strong gravitational properties to the newly forming star.

It really is a toss up, but something equally to ponder.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

im looking at the "possible" idea the sun and the galaxy are fundamentaly electromagnetic. and i was trying to support the idea...its not fact i know.

but do you know what im sick of....people regurgitating the standard model of science, as we know it, and are not useing their knowledge to "help" understand the many topics we do not currently know.

You are not going to understand the 'unknowns' if you do not even understand the basics.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
"Deny ignorance" perhaps?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
To be honest I dont see whats so suprising about all of this. Lets face it, these probes are the furthest man made objects from our planet, and represent the furthest extent of our exploration of our solar system. Is it REALLY so strange that we should encounter something unknown at the edges of our system? Is this not what probe craft are for? To encounter the strangeness of space before man has to navigate it himself?
I cant really say Im shocked that there would be SOME issue with leaving the solar system. Most of what we know about our solar system is based on theories, not laws, and considering how much we have utterly failed to learn about our own planet, it stands to reason that there must be a hell of a lot more unknowns out there in the blackness of space. Alot more than here on earth, and alot more to come across before we get anywhere in space worth going I reckon.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Could be contact with the heliosphere pushing it off course.

I hear that some of them "Cosmic Rays" have the impact energy of a 90 mph fastball...

I wonder if they orbit the Sun at the distance of the heliosphere... ?

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

You are not going to understand the 'unknowns' if you do not even understand the basics.

i think i do friend....your two dimensional interpretations irratate me just as much as mine annoys you.

what if these "basics" are fundamentally wrong

honur and contribute to this field, if this is your field theN you owe it scrutiny untill you can SEE the FACTS as clearly as the person who stated it.. because i dont..

the model of gravity (below) shows mass.... "sitting" on a "two dimensional" flat space!!!!
WTF!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47cfb04dde51.jpg[/atsimg]

and here the planets are laid out in a flat structure..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06929e08e381.jpg[/atsimg]

POLARITY OF THE SUN PLAYS A PART....ITS NOT JUST GRAVITY..according to Newtons law of gravity WE SHOULD OF HIT THE SUN YRS AGO.

our harmonic orbit...i think, is a constant battle of +- pull/push....with electromagnetism playing a bigger role than this gravity term..

or HOW DOES THE MASS... BEND AND EFFECT THE SPACE AROUND IT..ELECTROMAGNETICS??

edit on 21-9-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

i am of the thinking that if people at nasa had the answers then we wouldnt be having this debate or nasa wouldnt be planning a mission to study this
some things cannot be stuffed into the models we have been taught and to not explore the ideas we have because they dont fit the clasical model means we can never explain things that go against the grain of clasical thinking

some of the most original thinkers in the world dont fit into the mould you have tryed to cast

i say anyone here has the right to express their thoughts without scientific dogma getting in the way

have a go at coming up with a new theory instead of pushing the clasical "you dont know what your talking about"
or "dont try because you dont even know"

i dont know if you have read the whole thread but the members have all contributed a theory or idea even in the face of people who would know better

thing is there is no answer and conjecture is ok because we are trying to understand something new

i learnt a long time ago
anyone can teach you something but not everyone can learn from someone else

try a theory its quite fun

xploder

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join