It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dollar Design

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The American dollar is in bad need of a makeover. Thanks to the Dollar ReDe$ign Project, we may now have some options. Organized by creative strategy consultant Richard Smith, the Dollar ReDe$ign Project is soliciting ideas for the dollar bill of the future. "Our great 'rival', the Euro, looks so spanky in comparison it seems the only clear way to revive this global recession is to rebrand and redesign," the project notes on its website. Though the most recent competition is now closed, voting ends on September 30. We've compiled some of the best dollar designs below. Which one is the most suitable for our beloved greenback? Check them out -- and check out the Dollar ReDe$ign Project for more information.

Source

Kind of don't know what to make of this. I know at this point it's just an idea, an idea with some pretty impressive designs. So is this potentially something that is being done to try and sway people into feeling the economy is on the upswing or soon will be? Maybe they figure people will see this and think "well if they are going to overhaul the entire look of the monetary notes then they must feel they have a good handle on the situation." Something to that effect.

When i read the story the first thing that came to mind was what about the Amero or the one world currency planned by the nwo. Could this be that happening under the guise of new looking money with new more modern up to date faces? Just throwing some ideas around, it's late and i'm waiting for some pasta to digest so i have strange thoughts going on.

Anyways i actually wanted to present the article as a tribute to the artwork of the dollar redesigns, i thought they were pretty innovative, my favorite was the vertical style. And there is also a link for some hi tech money, i didntread it so i cant comment but that's there too.

With Peace,
Z

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday on my Yahoo home page and I was instantly struck with the same thought; "Here it comes"! The NWO has always been one of my nagging fears, although I seem to let it linger in the back of mind as day to day I have other things to focus on (which is how TPTB want it, right?).

As soon as I saw these "concept" bills I literally felt sick to my stomach and the familiar prickles of fear began to creep up my spine! We are headed straight into the North American Union, the Amero and a One World Government. The signs are everywhere! As some of you may know, I am the one in my family who does all the conspiracy theory believing/research or what ever you want to call it. My husband listens to my rants and does subscribe an amount of belief to a lot of what I find. We talk about it all a lot and the NWO is his biggest fear as well. When I showed him the yahoo news story he turned pale and I saw actual tears well up in his eyes as it dawned on him that we really are facing this, it is REAL!

This may not be the real ID chip, but it is a hop, skip and a jump away! These are strange and frightening times we live in. I promised myself this would be the last post I read before going to bed and I'm not so sure I'm glad I chose this one, nightmares here I come
!

S&F for you anyway. Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow and see what all has been contributed to this topic!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
cool topic- I've been known to draw a thing or two so it does have my interest peaked

No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Those designs were completely disgusting, in my opinion. Some of them completely stripped out the most famous motto of our currency - "In God We Trust". And then, there are the designs that completely remove all of our past president's faces, but includes Obama on the $1. None of the sacred and historic symbology of our currency is being kept in-tact, either.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

The Dollar does need to be changed, it's pretty ugly as it is. But.. those designs I personally found equally ugly. And what was with all the designs with Obama on them? Never, ever, ever put a current or very recent President on a currency, damn. I don't know what is with the cult like fanaticism with this guy.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

You'd think for the smaller, more used notes they would go to coins..

We do in Australia, they last a hell of a lot longer...

May even increase in value, Opps, answered myself as to why they don't..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Personally, I believe these papers would best be expressed in a manner that best reflects their function....

... more like...

This best embodies the nature of the federal reserve note (not the Constitutional "Dollar" (a unit of weight)).

Where once the letter U and the letter S came together to denote Constitutional money, now we have the simplified bankster gangland symbol of "$".

What matters the character of the image? I truly believe the above image represents the generational tag-team going on here with the FRN.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
They look like futuistic monopoly money
winning lottery tickets or something youde get out of a vending machine

A few datys ago, a guy at as tore showed me a new penny from 2010. It had Abe lincoln on the front, but on the back thier was a a shield! instead of a parliament building. Thier was 2 latin words inwcribed above lincoln. Even he madea c omment, WTF is going on with money? Its like thier taking anything american or constitutionly associatd away!
this could be a version of the NWO and a global currency. i mean after all, using Europes money, the Euro as a refference, saying it looks better than the cold cabbage were all used too..that in itself,r eeks of getting rid of the dollar

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I like the new designs. I support having Obama on the 1 dollar bill. He is the first African American president so it makes sense. These designs are actually awesome !

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Yea, since he is black, he deserves hisownnote. He doesnt have to do anything great to be on it, just being black is fine.

::shakes head::

We are doomed.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Yea, since he is black, he deserves hisownnote. He doesnt have to do anything great to be on it, just being black is fine.

::shakes head::

We are doomed.

No, he is a nobel peace prize winning president. He is one of the most intellectual presidents of all time, he makes America look better to the outside. I was saying having him on the 1 makes sense since he is the first african american president. Putting him on the 5 wouldn't have the double meaning. Did I phrase that right,lol?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Gross...I think they are fug. I hope they don't come to pass. Obama on the $1? What a joke. It looks like fake money that you play a board game with.

Besides if we start ripping off other countries' with the colors, how will we make all those references to needing some 'green' or some 'lettuce'? This could change everything!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

hahaha.

Nobel Peace Prize does NOT qualify you for being on a currency note, especially when that peace prize was awarded to a man that is running wars.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

hahaha.

Nobel Peace Prize does NOT qualify you for being on a currency note, especially when that peace prize was awarded to a man that is running wars.

So, I believe every person on USA currency has ran a war. Except Franklin but he helped start one.
What exactly then qualify' a person for being on one?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

No, he is a nobel peace prize winning president. He is one of the most intellectual presidents of all time, he makes America look better to the outside. I was saying having him on the 1 makes sense since he is the first african american president. Putting him on the 5 wouldn't have the double meaning. Did I phrase that right,lol?

What?! He didn't deserve the nobel peace prize either! Just because he's the first so-called black president he should be on a dollar bill? He hasn't done anything!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

What?! He didn't deserve the nobel peace prize either! Just because he's the first so-called black president he should be on a dollar bill? He hasn't done anything!

I didn't say that, I said it would make sense having him on the 1 sense he is the first or 1 African American president. He hasn't done anything? Well I am pretty sure the conservatives and tea partiers (Mcveighist) claim that he has done alot. And what exactly qualifies you for being on currency?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I didn't say that, I said it would make sense having him on the 1 sense he is the first or 1 African American president. He hasn't done anything? Well I am pretty sure the conservatives and tea partiers (Mcveighist) claim that he has done alot. And what exactly qualifies you for being on currency?

Well, I feel that it doesn't make sense for him to be on either bill, or any bill for that matter! What has he done while in office that is worth a peace prize and makes him worthy of being on US currency?

As for what qualifies me to be on currency, well I would look great on a $10 dollar bill, as I am a perfect 10 and all my contributions to mankind are unbelievably amazing in their worth....I don't want to brag, so I'll keep all of those accomplishments on the DL (direct link) until my money comes out.

edit on 20-9-2010 by MeSoCorny because: Me = 10

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

hahaha.

So, I believe every person on USA currency has ran a war. Except Franklin but he helped start one.
What exactly then qualify' a person for being on one?

Doing something greatly influential for the people of the nation. Someone who puts his country before himself and his own selfish desire that benefits the people as a whole, not just certain groups of people. Someone who has the balls to do what is right and not what 'his sponsors' tell him to do. Someone who can take the bull by the horns and get things done instead of beating around the bush trying to please certain groups of fellow corrupt politicins. Someone who actually LISTENS to the American people, and does what is right for THEM, not himself or his buddies. Someone who is willing to part with party and pride in order to do what is right for THE PEOPLE.
Someone who goes after the big banks and the big unions/corporations, instead of someone sleeps with them.

Definately not someone who should just get it because of their skin tone. Need I say more?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

[quote

Doing something greatly influential for the people of the nation. Someone who puts his country before himself and his own selfish desire that benefits the people as a whole, not just certain groups of people. Someone who has the balls to do what is right and not what 'his sponsors' tell him to do. Someone who can take the bull by the horns and get things done instead of beating around the bush trying to please certain groups of fellow corrupt politicins. Someone who actually LISTENS to the American people, and does what is right for THEM, not himself or his buddies. Someone who is willing to part with party and pride in order to do what is right for THE PEOPLE.
Someone who goes after the big banks and the big unions/corporations, instead of someone sleeps with them.

Definately not someone who should just get it because of their skin tone. Need I say more?

Doing something greatly influential for the people of the nation= his healthcare bill!

Someone who can take the bull by the horns and get things done instead of beating around the bush trying to please certain groups of fellow corrupt politicion= he is trying but the Mcveighist and neo-cons in congress are stalling him.

someone who actually LISTENS to the American people, and does what is right for THEM, not himself or his buddies. = he listens to many people, he does what is right for them.

Someone who is willing to part with party and pride in order to do what is right for THE PEOPLE.= He has just recently, didn't you see his speech, "and even when I compromise they attack me".

Someone who puts his country before himself and his own selfish desire that benefits the people as a whole, not just certain groups of people.= again healthcare bill!

Someone who has the balls to do what is right and not what 'his sponsors' tell him to do.= everything he has done.

Someone who goes after the big banks and the big unions/corporations, instead of someone sleeps with them.= pretty sure he sleeps with his wife.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Healthcare bill. No You didnt.

While reading your responses, I get the feeling you are being sarcastic.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

He might cheat and occasionally sleep with his wife, but his main lust is the Mega rich. =)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join