It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflicting Religious Beliefs -Need imput ATS-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi Scorps,

I'd like to explain to you what some of your conflict/confusions may be. Firstly, one of the most misinterpreted words ever and wrongly used is "Christian". Why do I say that? I say that because Christian means to be Christlike. Most so called Christian religions are not being or acting as Jesus Christ taught. So, to understand who Jesus and God for that matter we have to understand "What the Bible Really Teaches" about who they are.

For instance, most so called "Christian" religions teach the Trinity, which says that God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all One. You stated that you don't believe that Jesus is God and you are correct. Jesus is the only-begotten Son of God. (John 1:14) 14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth. . .

Also, see John 3:16 and John 14:28...

In addition, you mentioned that you felt love by God and basically that all religions lead to the same place. We'll that's a convenient viewpoint and an easy way out. Most people feel they can have, do and think anything as long as they are not hurting anyone. But, just as man has laws that are not debatable, wouldn't it make sense for the Creator of all things the God of the Bible "Jehovah" have laws as well?

As an example, if a religion condones war for any reason how can they be approved by God and claims to be Christian? Jesus clearly stated at Micah 4:3 . . .And he will certainly render judgment among many peoples, and set matters straight respecting mighty nations far away. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. They will not lift up sword, nation against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

Also, Jesus said at Matthew 26:52 . . .Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword. . .

There are scriptures regarding morality like 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.

So, as you see God does has laws and\or requirements and he will soon Judge the entire inhabited earth, which includes all form of False Religions. Mat 7:21-23 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

We'll this post was intended to be shorter but let me know if this helps you or if you have any further questions.

Truth Promoter!!

<< 1   >>

join