It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert: To further peace, US will give citizenship to 100,000 Palestinian refugees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Olmert: To further peace, US will give citizenship to 100,000 Palestinian refugees

www.rawstory.com

Former Israeli premier Ehud Olmert said on Sunday the United States had agreed to accept 100 000 Palestinian refugees within the framework of an eventual Middle East peace deal

Washington had agreed to absorb and give citizenship to 100 000 refugees, while Israel would accept less than 20 000

"The numbers discussed were below 20 000, but this would require an end to the conflict and a Palestinian announcement that they would not make any more demands," the Ynet website quoted him as saying
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's amazing... I don't know what to say lol

Instead of ending the funding of Israel and giving them free weapons on behalf of the super generous american taxpayer take some palestinians and give them citizenship and of course benefits.

As a side benefit of course Israel wins too as they will be sending 100K worth of palestinian muslims away from Palestine.

I would like to know more about locations, are these palestinians coming from areas where Israel plans more demolitions and bulldozing to increase their illegal settlements?

Personally, some may disagree, I see too many things wrong with this!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have paranoid schizophrenia and can't get social security disability and I'm a citizen. I bet they'd give it to a Palestinian before me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This bit gets me,

The numbers discussed were below 20 000, but this would require an end to the conflict and a Palestinian announcement that they would not make any more demands," the Ynet website quoted him as saying

I thought Israel was just being asked to abide by the 1967 agreement.

No so much new demands from Palestine...

If there are any new demands outside the 1967 agreement then please tell me...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yea, this is good news on the surface and all but what if some of these 100,000 people are upset with US/Israel, and take advantage of being in the US and do something? Wouldn't there be a security risk there within this deal?

Again ill say this is good news, but i have some doubts about it.

EDIT: added this

Remember in 1980 when Fidel Castro decided to dump his Undesirables/political refugees on the US. That included rapists, murders, thieves etc.

This resulted in an even worse exodus through the port of Mariel, where an improvised flotilla of Cuban exiles from Miami in small pleasure boats and commercial shrimping vessels brought Cuban citizens who wished to leave the island. Within weeks, more than 125,000 Cubans reached the United States despite Coast Guard attempts to stem the movement. As the exodus became international news and an embarrassment for the Cuban government, Castro rounded up "socially undesirables," including violent criminals and mental patients, and included them among the political and economic refugees. The scale of the exodus created political difficulties for both governments, and an agreement was reached to end the boatlift after several months.

en.wikipedia.org...

The situation may be different, but the social consequences may be the same.

edit on 9/19/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I'd be more worried if they sent 100k Israelis over..

2nd line

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Why would you be worried if they sent anybody over at all? Either way its very racist.

Unless you are being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

With a birth rate of 8 per female 100,000 will turn into Ten Billion in about 160 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

I think the rate would drop if they do come into the US.

reason why?

well in 3rd world conditions populations grow, and as society becomes modern the birth rate drops.

I would consider the gaza strip a 3rd world. Its no surprise the birth rate is high.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
After reading this article, and understanding the state of the world, there is something that just does not set right with this entire deal.
For there to be peace between the Palestinians and the Israelies, as part of the brokered deal, the US will grant and accept 100K immigrants from the middle east. There are questions that come to mind, such as where will they be put in the US? Any state that gets an influx of refugees, will end up having a strain on its economy, as it sits right now, very few states are in a good state of economic to handle their own bills.
With an influx of 100K new people, how can we support them? The country is not doing so well, not does it state when the influx will happen. How will they screen all of the refugees, to where we can be sure of the safety of the people who are already present?
Then there is the one question, that somehow I do not believe that the adminstration who brokered this deal has considered, how will the general population accept this deal, when it is finally anounced to the general population. The growing divide and distrust of the muslim religion is growing in the US. This has been fueled by the threats towards the different artists here in the US, who have endured death threats for making fun or Islam and Mohammad, to the ground zero controversy, and the different attacks made by islamic extremist against the country, from the Fort Hood shooter, the underware bomber, and the attempted Times Square bomber. These alone is slowly polarizing the country, and especially when it becoming clear where the federal government stand, and a government that is currently not popular with the citizens of the country, this is going to be a recipie for diseaster. As many cities and states will have to think very carefully if they are going to accept the refugees, how many and where exactly to house and care for such, along with ensuring the intergration and teaching of these people to where they can best fit into society. This is going to be difficult, as the divisons in the Islamic world is as great as it is anywhere else. And ultimately the cost of such will have to be picked up by the citizens of the country in the long run. Let us all pray that this is going to be peaceful, or else it could get to be very messy and decisions that the entire world may condem the United States for, save Isreal.
One bright note to this all, is that this will ultimately prove one way or the other who is right about the tensions over in the middle east, and the truth will come out, if it is the Palestinians or the Isrealies.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This should be interesting, a demographic change in the US electorate could gradually undermine the pro-Israel agenda in the USA. Even if Israel successfully expands its settlements as a result of this deal and others like it, we can expect the State's foreign aid to dwindle over the years. Eventually, like S. Africa, it will be forced to recognize the equal rights of the colonized populace (in this case, extending the Right of Return to Palestinians).

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by RRokkyy

I think the rate would drop if they do come into the US.

reason why?

well in 3rd world conditions populations grow, and as society becomes modern the birth rate drops.

I would consider the gaza strip a 3rd world. Its no surprise the birth rate is high.

Meh.With a birthrate of 4 they would become Twelve Million in only 100 years. Thats more than the population of 44 states.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Washington had agreed to absorb and give citizenship to 100 000 refugees, while Israel would accept less than 20 000

I'd like to hear where Israel propose to settle the 20,000 they have agreed to take in..

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Did you also calculate national growth?

not to mention the next gen and so on will be Americanized. did you calculate that too?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
if the US is feeling so generous about taking in 100,000 palestinians, why dont they do the right thing and offer to take in the large number of Roma that are currently being forcefully removed from France by Sarkozy's government?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

ummm, now how would that help Israel???

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by RRokkyy

Did you also calculate national growth?

not to mention the next gen and so on will be Americanized. did you calculate that too?

Americanized Arab Muslims demanding Sharia are not the same thing as Americanized Swedes demanding Smorgasbords.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Great... Now Israel has the power and doing what they wanted to do for a long time and that is take the land and killing them off like they were and still doing, Oh i mean now ship them out. Sure send over 100K+ over and the 20K- will stay and get #ed over by Israel on the low while showing the world they being the good guys.

It's Official ... USA is Israel's bitch...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Jesus, I completely miss-read the news lol.. I for a second thought it was Israel and was screaming BS..

Well, US is taking the refugees

Good luck on that.. It kinda feels like my claims about the US empire is correct, that Israel is part of it(or Israel is the Ayatollah of the empire lo)l.. Not to mention Europe, Japan, South Korea blablbalba.. You get what I mean..

edit on 20-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
what's the final goal of TPTB behind all this?? humm, let's sit and wait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join