It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Side Of Hate Served With Your Religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Jen,

You are so right. I have ranted on against organized religion in many posts.

I believe in Jesus - that is my right.

But I refuse to have some organized religion telling me what is right and what is wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Re Lestweforget (and Rustami)

You wrote:

"Why would anyone other than a muslim critisize the actions of the crusaders? It was a necessary evil, how much of earth would not be islamic today if the muslims were allowed to exersize their mission to enact their caliphate? The muslims have been on a crusade since their evil inception."

How do crusades against muslims justify the OTHER crusades with the aim of exterminating competing 'christian' factions or for purely 'christian' expansion: Missionary crusades.

Are inter-christian fighting or pure missionary invasion also NECESSARY evils?

Yes probably; if you:
1/ CHOOSE a faith with a 'god' who may or may not exist
2/ This alleged 'god' has dictated or 'inspired' a confused book (which sofar is interpretated in 34.000 different ways by its believers)
3/ You belong to to a faction, which interpretation is that this 'god' of yours gives you sanction or command to go out and commit genocide, torture, rape and practise slavery

If you are a militant 'christian', who believes in free will: Then it's your decision to choose this 'god' and his book, to choose a violent interpretation and choose to effectuate it.

If you are a militant 'christian', who believes in 'god's will' (predestination): Then it's 'god's will' that you will meet opposition, or in a liberal society, eventually be locked up in a mental institution if you use violence.

So Rustami: Anything can be read in the book of confusion, edited by the old scammer Paulus. People can choose what they want, according to personal inclination. Bible citations don't MEAN anything and doesn't PROVE anything. It's just lame justifications for whatever a 'christian' want.

Do you really think, that you can expect anything but ridicule by doing this.

Pray, pretend to find justification, let faith go before acts....or go the way of active compassion.

Maybe you don't want respect, because you believe you are ultimatively right. But IF you will be considered ridiculous by the as yet undecided potential 'christians', how will this spread your message.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
reply to post by Jenisiz

Genesis-
The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'

And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Isaiah-
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

1Corinthians-
So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

What on earth is it with religious types ? Why on earth do you respond to the OP by posting this drivel ?

When on earth are the deluded religious going to get it into their heads that turning up at court and presenting excerpts from "Alice In Wonderland" as some magik line of defense will only convince a jury that is made up of other lunatic Alice in Wonderland fans.

Talking bloody snakes !

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision..

Understandably so given their persistent attempts to indoctrinate other peoples children into their cult of imaginary men and demons that live in the sky.

I for one find bible followers very scary people that perhaps should do as their god commanded and keep their delusions in their closets.

And the Lord spake to the prophet Bush and said " Gather all the children of the lord and let them take up arms to punish the people of Babylon. Let them slay every last man and every woman that has not known a man. But let them keep fro their own sakes the women that have not known a man and all their goods an chattel."

And the Lord sayeth to the prophet Bush " Let my temple be rebuilt on this land that has been cleansed of the workings of Satan, let my house be established here and woe be unto anyone that rejects my command.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I can add to the 'supposedly christian Europe'.

In many european countries people are simply born into a kind of public christian church, automatically being passive members of the club from birth. You have to/had to resign your membership by actively applying for this.

And as this doesn't make much of a practical difference, many decide to stay in the club. The tax differences are small, and it's convenient if you should happen to want a 'ritualistic' christian marriage or burial. The only two times 90% of these european 'christians' frequent a church.

Most of these nominal 'christians' are actually atheists or agnostics.

Active 'christians' are down to 5% of the population in areas of Northern Europe, both in contexts of politics and church-going.

edit on 21-9-2010 by bogomil because: Henry, my omniscient mouse, insisted

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Spirituality is the answer. Spirituality is not about hate. I tried Christianity. I"ve tried it most of my adult life. What a fool I've been. Now I follow a spiritual path. The path of my Kanienkehaka (People of the Flint) ancestors. We don't hate. We pray and give thanks. I was full of hatred at one time, hatred of white people, hatred of Muslims, I could justify it in my mind because of the evil those two groups have perpetrated on the world. I was tilting at windmills. I decided that rather than be part of the problem, I could work on being part of the solution. I pray, I hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Re Alonzo730

Hang unto that. But don't let it develop into black/white situations of spirituality, where the enemy is 'non-spirituals'.

I believe, that the real 'enemy' are those with predigested, final and authoritative 'truths', where individual search, research and even just non-reflected sheeple attitudes will be forbidden.

Be a good neighbour, not for 'their own good', but because you may be the one tomorrow needing it.

This is ofcourse voting 'spiritually' with your wallet, but that's how mankind functions generally.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Several people have made some very valid posts...in reference to the sword and it's carrier...the answer is simple, the one who is at fault is the man whispering reason to an unclear mind to swing the sword. I know the crusades can't be pinned as an atrocity in-acted only by one religion...but none the less it was religion that was utilized as a means to an end. To often religion is used for this means. I find it funny how so many religions quote Jesus as stating he and the lord are always with you...but somehow, in order to be heard you have to go to the church? I believe in god (Laws of Probability and what not lead me to this reason)...do I believe in the bible? "Hell" no. Man has proven time and time again their ability to outright lie and change all manners of media to fit their own agenda.

Edit: And again, it's mentioned as if Muslims are a cancer....I must make it clear as crystal. JUDGE A MAN BY HIS CHARACTER, NOT HIS RELIGION. I am not Muslim, I was baptised Christian at birth then forced to attend Catholicism School and then be baptised Catholic. I have seen way to much to not believe there is something out there through my own experiences be it personal or through my years as a Behavioural Therapist...do I think anyone can surmise it in a book...no. I think the bible is nothing more then a gathering of altered myths and legends.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join