It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Side Of Hate Served With Your Religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Do yo not see the words of the devil himself, carefully inserted to take our claim from ourselves? Does this statement match the life of Jesus? Did he not proclaim from his own mouth that he was the Son of Man, the Son of God, and a Brother to us all?

Yet you take the word of Man over the word of Christ himself??

Trust no man for he is a liar! We are all Sons and Daughters of God, for he created all! Discern the words of Christ from those of the Satan by matching up what bears true resemblance to his living testimony. Did he die that we all might be enslaved to a Church or Empire, or did he die that we all might learn of our own freedom?

Does God not speak to you in your own heart to tell you what is right and wrong?

What do you most desire, to be loved, then give it and you shall receive it.

Open your eyes that you might see, God is within you and all around you. His heaven is here on Earth, but you cannot see it.

Originally posted by RustamiSalvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved

Forgiveness begins with forgiving yourself. Did Jesus, through his life, condemn one single person?

Listen not to the word of Man for he is a liar.

You are already forgiven. Now forgive others as you wish to be so forgiven.

Originally posted by RustamiFor it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Does this not prove my above statements?

Originally posted by RustamiMy sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

Precisely! Hear his voice inside you. Look at his life and discern his message. It was not one of blind supplication to a Church or Empire, it was one of love and freedom. He died for this that we might learn from his life, not from the words of Man who seek to gain control of others by it.

Open your heart and love as Christ loved. Open your eyes and see what his life testimony showed.

Or choose not to my friend. Your will is yours to do with as you please. The gates of Heaven are open. Remain in the Hell of your own making if you so wish.

Judge not, love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Re Rustami

You're right. You people deliever sermons, and us critics answer with sarcasm.

It's all part of the pie-throwing contest. I have clearly stated the motives for my participation. What are yours?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
How quickly these Christians and Catholics forget about the Crusades. ?

1 - Catholics ARE Christians. Why'd you make the point, more than once, to separate Catholics from Christianity?
2 - The Crusades were hundreds and hundreds of years ago. Christians .. for the most part .. have grown up since then and are reigned in by secular gov'ts. Islam is today what Christianity was 1,000 years ago. You can't lump them in together in one 'hate' basket.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.

whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It’s simple: My god is better than your god!

(psssss… Jon… Jews, Christians, and Muslims have the same god, but all claim he has different agendas.)

Er um…oh. Screw them then and let them battle it out. I’m going to stick to being a peace loving hippie pagan. We spend all day smokin’ down and dancing naked around bon fires. If you are a bad person karma will kick your a$$! Much simpler: no jihads, no fatwas, no inquisition, no need to appease God by killing your own son, no Sodom and Gomorra, no massive deluge….

Just fairy dust and African drumming all night until sun up.

Last I checked, no Islamic extremists have blown themselves up at a local coven bonfire.

To be more serious, I think that people are sick of religious extremism and are showing it by getting meaner and meaner in posts defending their own religious beliefs. Groovy folk religious people like me could give a crap less if all the judeo-christian-moslims blow them selves up because they are all religions that embrace a long history of violence.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.

Do you not see this happening right before your eyes?

Originally posted by Rustamiwhoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death

Can you not see?

Originally posted by RustamiIf the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Is this not truth?

Originally posted by RustamiNo one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

And watch it crumble before you.

Originally posted by RustamiAnyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

Then demonstrate your belief in these words.

Originally posted by RustamiJesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.

Every man who possesses his own free will is King thereof.

Originally posted by RustamiYou know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.

The hour draws near my Brother.

Originally posted by RustamiFor as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Would you even know him when he comes?

Originally posted by RustamiIf anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Will you?

Originally posted by RustamiBe always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.

Now we have recognised that you are able to pull quotes from a book. A book is a dead thing it has no soul. I ask you my friend, will we hear words from a living thing, your own soul? If it is incapable of its own speech, surely it is as dead as the Book you quote. Show me you are alive my friend. Let me hear words from your own heart.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 20-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
Er um…oh. Screw them then and let them battle it out. I’m going to stick to being a peace loving hippie pagan. We spend all day smokin’ down and dancing naked around bon fires. If you are a bad person karma will kick your a$$! Much simpler: no jihads, no fatwas, no inquisition, no need to appease God by killing your own son, no Sodom and Gomorra, no massive deluge….

Tell me this place of enjoyment, and I will gladly fire up the first bong with you my friend.

Love all, Judge not, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

These are the Scriptures that testify about me

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

his name is the Word of God.

"I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man." Abraham Lincoln

"The Bible has been the Magna Charta of the poor and the oppressed. The human race is not in a position to dispense with it." Thomas Huxley

"The Bible is no mere book, but it's a living creature with a power that conquers all who oppose it." Napoleon

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible." George Washington

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people...so great is my veneration of the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read, the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens in their country and respectful members of society." John Adams

"A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know the price of rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved." Benjamin Franklin

"The Bible is the cornerstone of liberty...students' perusal of the sacred volume will make us better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands." Thomas Jefferson

"The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed." Patrick Henry

"If we will not be governed by God, then we will be ruled by tyrants." William

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

That's my point...people use religion as a crutch...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Very well put and it is what I am eluding to...religion is the current crutch people lean on. It's a means of putting individual's into catagories. The only way to move to the next step is to learn to stand on our own two. First religion...next whatever arises. I feel now it's a slew of money, politics and religion. They all feed into one another...I feel that if individuals would accept that they are responsible for their own actions, the trend may carry forward. It's hard to point the finger at tptb simply because we still have three pointed back at us.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And as I continue to read...I've noticed the quoters have made their presence known. Stop quoting words from a book and live them. This is the whole point of this discussion...you claim to live by these words yet no one lives in a glass house. Quoting words from a book doesn't mean you are a person of good character. We've seen this time and time again. Let me make a quote that resonates well when I see people quote "the word of god"..."They claim their labors are to build a heaven, yet their heaven is populated by horrors."

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenisiz
Very well put and it is what I am eluding to...religion is the current crutch people lean on. It's a means of putting individual's into catagories. The only way to move to the next step is to learn to stand on our own two. First religion...next whatever arises. I feel now it's a slew of money, politics and religion. They all feed into one another...I feel that if individuals would accept that they are responsible for their own actions, the trend may carry forward. It's hard to point the finger at tptb simply because we still have three pointed back at us.

My friend,

All you can change in this life is what you do with your own free will. Be a testament of what you want others to be, and in time they will. Judge them not, those who refuse to change, it is their curse to bear. Love them and over time, their curse may be broken.

I do not merely quote words, I live them. I say nothing for others to do, that I do not do myself. The quoter's will continue to quote, for they are dead inside without a voice of their own. They cannot express their own truth, but rely on scripture word for word to cover up their own inability to express what the scripture means. It is easier to seem Holy, by using Holy words, than to understand Holy, and BE Holy by our actions. But, each can only do what they are capable of. We all do the best we can and therefore, we are all equal, and none Holy.

In time, maybe things will be different, but for now, it is what we have.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself

and holy-
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Rustami because: holiness

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

if you cannot accept copy and pasted words of other men/neighbors/the Apostles pointing to Christ and Christs himself why would I think you would accept mine? humor me if you must, but the point has been made on exactly where the heart is, the healthy don't need a doctor

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Don't be so quick to blame religion for the crusades and don't be so quick to judge those who took part in the crusades either. Both are outside the scope of this thread. Some other time perhaps. In the meantime, don't accuse an atheist of defending religion, but I don't think religion is the problem. Which is more dangerous, the sword or the hand that weilds it?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Religion = Hate.

That's really all there is to it. It's a destructive force that does not benefit our species.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Islam is a violent, and dangerous religion that fuels terrorism, xenophobia, and stagnates progress. There is an extensive list of radicals enforcing their belief system through violent and terrifying actions, either as individuals, organizations, or entire governmental structures.

This much is obvious.

What is also obvious is Christianity cannot throw stones as they are the exact mirror. Some spout the crusades as proof, but that is, as rightly pointed out, a dead horse.
What isn't a dead horse is:

( I think the inquisitions for some reason are rarely mentioned, but meh, enough time may have past to ignore it)
Witch trials (showing age here also)
Colonial Conquest (kill them heathen injuns)
Adolph Hitler
KKK
Bosnia (300k heathens dead)
Oklahoma City
Rwanda (800 heathens dead)
Abortion Clinic bombings
"gay bashing"
ETC....
(note how I didn't bring up the westboro baptist church...they haven't killed anyone...yet)

Jewish:
They are preoccupied over in israel to make any significance on the board, but if conspiracy theorists are to be believed...will leave it at that

Summery:
Religion...all structured religion...is a disease. It is a contagous destructive disease that has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be the enemy of all life on the planet and a enemy to meaningful spiritual development. It should be exterminated by bombarding people over and over with reason and fact until it goes back into the dark corners of humanity, seen as the violent mental disorder it is, and ultimately abandoned.

There is no advanced or better religion when dealing with the blood god...they are all diseases of equal bloodshed soaking their holy hands.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovemaster9000
Which is more dangerous, the sword or the hand that weilds it?

Neither

The most dangerous is the mindset of the hand holding the sword.

It is the hate and delusions of the person that makes the hand go and swings the sword to cut down those whom are different.

edit on 20-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: bork bork bork

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

Why would anyone other than a muslim critisize the actions of
the crusaders? It was a necessary evil, how much of earth would
not be islamic today if the muslims were allowed to exersize
their mission to enact their caliphate? The muslims have been
on a crusade since their evil inception.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenisiz

I think we are going through an immense psychological change regarding religion and our beliefs... Just like in the bible, they struggled to transition from the age of the Ram to the age of the Bull...and then again to the age of Pisces (Jesus). As we all know, that age is coming to an end- so it's out with the old, in with the new. I think we are well on our way of leaving religious belief systems behind and adopting true spirituality. Some are ahead of others hence the clashing- but everyone will come around sooner or later.

Well, that's my opinion in any case.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join