It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save heterosexual marriage: ban straight divorce!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I was waiting for the first post to simply whine about the thread.
The sanction against divorce is not a gay position, but a Biblical position.
The inconsistency is a wilful cultural position. It is there regardless of the gay position.
And yes, some churches are consistent in it. Fred Phepls from the Westboro church allegedly rejected one of his kids who married a divorcee, or as he puts, somebody else's partner.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks OP, this thread inspired me to interrupt my channel surfing to watch an episode of Divorce Court.
Granted, I only saw one episode, but if that was in any way indicative of the sanctity of marriage, how can heterosexuals expect to be taken seriously? Now that was a joke.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
People use religion selectively to bash gay people.
They claim they are doing this out of "love", to tell us the truth.
Now it's time to return that "love".
Let's tell divorced Christians they are living sinful lives, and they should crawl back into the closet with their filth before children learn it's OK.
Let's quote Matthew 5:31-32 at them.

Let's not have divorce as a victim position to every other sin - it is THE sin.

I think pagans, and anyone who doesn't subscribe to evangelical literalism doesn't really count.
So let's get a list of any divorced people in the broad anti-gay movement. They should get a broad choice - either go back to your first partner or stay celibate.
Otherwise, we love you, but you are a sinner in a sinful lifestyle, so whatever you say is forbidden to hear.

What is most worrying re-reading some posts - it really does become a habit!
Wow, seven divorces! That's the same as polygamy or polyandry.
That cannot be good or healthy for anyone, especially not the children.
Here we have cases of fathers paying R10, 000 for a wedding reception, and less than a year later the kids are divorced! The reception alone has become a girl's own fantasy.

People who judge me are having their cake and eating it.
Walk your talk, or shut up.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How about no banning or restrictions of any relationship (consensting adults) and everyone stay out of everyone's personal relationship business!

That is the only way it should be. Simple. Period.

All these rules and laws about relationships between consenting adults makes me

edit on September 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That would ironically be my ideal.
But that's not what's happening.
I know that there's not a snowball's chance in hell that hetero divorce will actually be banned (and I'd oppose such moves, if they ever occured).
It is holding people to their double-standards and prejudices disguised with religion.
Although divorce is much larger debate, for me it is taking the cowering and fear, indeed the terror, out of people who paint themselves as my moral superiors when they are inferior according to their own position.
It also points to their agenda, because it's obviously NOT Biblical, as they often claim it is.
And it's not just gays that they influence, they claim superior morality on sex education, condom use and many cultural debates.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join