It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Blown-out BP well finally killed at bottom of Gulf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Out of sight is out of mind.
Just last week, an acquaintance got his dive tanks out to go snorkeling.
A friend of mine attended a crab boil party.
A vegan I know who claims to be very health conscious went swimming in the gulf a couple of weeks ago.
All of these people I mentioned believe that it is "not all that bad" or that "the worst is over".
It's back to business as usual.
Out of sight is out of mind. That's what the corexit was all about.

Not to discredit what you've written above, Alethea, but I'm not following the point you're making here. I understand that 'out of sight' is indeed, 'out of mind', but in what context are you saying that?

May I guess that you're implying that because those people you mentioned are getting back to business they are igorning the issue?.. or are you saying that by carrying on as normal and not being prohitited by this incident they have no reason to be concerned? There is a signifcant difference.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Pj, I think the problem is that people just don't know what to think or believe. A report came out last week that the government was not being honest with us about the amount of oil leaking. We had journalists being threatened and cordoned off. We have the EPA and FDA telling us that poisoned food is OK and cancer causing chemicals are not harmful anymore. Let me celebrate because our government is totally hijacked by big business, we live in a police state, and we can't believe a word they say.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

<< 1   >>

join