It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 killed Rasputin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes you read it right. The MI6 was directly involved in that notoriously difficult assassination of Rasputin. Perhaps common knowledge to many on here but certainly news to me.

A Cossack colonel called Mohammed Bek Hadji Lashet, and his gang used the women to attract communists to a lakeside villa where they were tortured and then killed, according to a new history of the intelligence service.

The book, Six, by former military intelligence officer Michael Smith, reveals that there was a culture of assassinations within the Secret Intelligence Service, also known as MI6, during the First World War.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

It would appear that Rasputin himself fell prey to one of these vixen traps, and the fatal shot was fired by an MI6 officer. It is also suggested in the material that the entire Soviet leadership was proposed as a target by Sidney Reilly, nicknamed the “Ace of Spies.”

The article is a really good read and worth checking out. I admit that I myself had no idea that British intelligence were this involved in Russian politics at this time. Although the methods of bait and capture appear quite crude in the circumstances described, I can't help but feel the exact same ploy would probably still work today.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
all I can say is this. "this is history being rewritten." Who knows what happened in the pass?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Revisionism is the plague of the modern historian!

----------

Here's a few more links for the story focusing primarily on that crazy monk. The Truthseeker article is probably the best in there but relates to an earlier article and film;

info-wars.org...

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk...

edit on 19-9-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add information baby!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

If I recall my history correctly, Rasputin was shot, stabbed, poisoned and fell into a river and went with the current
under the ice where he drowned.

new topics

top topics

join