It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how ET could get to us - Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is how Stephen Hawkings imagines a incredibly advanced ET race with reach us, by harnessing the power of an entire sun and using it to open up a wormhole. Norway Spiral anyone?

VERY INTERESTING

But VERY SCARY

Part 1 (Of the good stuff)

Part 2

edit on 19-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That's a very interesting idea. Trust Hawking to think of it. He's one of the few people alive who could potentially communicate with aliens somewhere near their level of intelligence.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Quick bump, i know a lot of people will enjoy watching this

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

just use the flux capasator!! its simple!! cool thread!! star and flag

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c

just use the flux capasator!! its simple!! cool thread!! star and flag

The Wormhole idea is simply facsinating because it is very possible, if that wasnt a rocket in Norway then could it of been a wormhole? Are these portals the same ones the ancients saw, there are a lot of spirals in history.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

... except, of course, that if they were draining the power of our sun I think we would have noticed it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Steven Hawking makes a good point. A point i think about deception and government.

"If Governments are involved at a ufo coverup they seem to be doing a better job at it than anything else"

who here knows where a trillion dollars went in the last decade? ya, me neither.

-et

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

... except, of course, that if they were draining the power of our sun I think we would have noticed it.

The video didnt mean our sun, it meant they could harness the power of any sun, and create a wormhole to any point in the universe.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

A coverup is very possible i beleive, kept on a need to know basis, so secret not even the president of the US knows about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

The video didnt mean our sun, it meant they could harness the power of any sun, and create a wormhole to any point in the universe.

So, the spiral effect happens at both "ends" of a wormhole? From the video I assumed it only happened at the end you are creating it...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The wormhole idea is great although I'd say thats a stretch... However given they have the ability to do something like this, why then would they need to land here for their mineral needs? wouldnt the moon of earth be awesome for mining? Or titan for water.... low gravity, no atmosphere to deal with coming in and all that... Oh they need slaves? right. well we use something called a machine to mine goods. Apparently the aliens havent heard of these things. Although they used them to come here. But not mars. no its this planet in particular, humans in particular...

Steven Hawkings is very smart but I think hes getting washed up and hes somewhat ego centric and over emphasizes how cool human beings must be. Like they are going to get some kind of aesthetic gain for their space empire by screwing with us..... Why hawkings? For super awesome space money? It's like he took some of his thoughts from a sci fi novel written in 1943. Give me a break. If nazi's took over and headed into space to specifically conquer other species for not being arian, that would make sense. Otherwise we would colonize the next closest planet we could find and make sure it was empty because screw dealing with fighting for survival for no reason....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow! This would make a great storyline for the next series of Dr Who!

I wonder how his Grand Unified Theory is coming along?.
It'd be nice to know the mind of God as well as the most probable mode of alien attack.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerForLight
The wormhole idea is great although I'd say thats a stretch... However given they have the ability to do something like this, why then would they need to land here for their mineral needs? wouldnt the moon of earth be awesome for mining? Or titan for water.... low gravity, no atmosphere to deal with coming in and all that... Oh they need slaves? right. well we use something called a machine to mine goods. Apparently the aliens havent heard of these things.

For starters, on the moon or Titan they would have to do all the work themselves, from scratch. Building mines and water reservoirs is labor intensive and time consuming, probably even for aliens.

One of the benefits of discovering inhabited planets, I assume, is that all the work has already been done. It's a "functioning" planet, so to speak. Only a stupid alien would build a mine or oil well on the moon or water reservoir on Titan when all these things are readily available on earth.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That's a very interesting idea. Trust Hawking to think of it. He's one of the few people alive who could potentially communicate with aliens somewhere near their level of intelligence.

Why would aliens necessarily be smart? How many truckers do you know who could design a big rig or for that matter, how many computer users know how to design and build computers or write software?

These could be scientist aliens, yes, or you might have ma and pa explorer alien looking to start a better life on the frontier.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I think Hawking's opinion on the Alien presence is actually quite simplistic and indicative of the little research he does into the subject. He asks why they would take some old hillbilly human...firstly, it could simply be because those types of people out in the middle of no where are the less likely to be believed or communicate with others...in fact, I think it's quite ignorant that he tries to base his argument on that, as if he can be so sure about the logic used by extraterrestrials...and I wonder if he ever considered that the "Government" is intentionally incompetent when it benefits their agenda...like when it comes to keeping track of a trillion dollars for instance...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

He asks why they would take some old hillbilly human...

Let's not overlook the fact that Stephen Hawking is a retard. i mean this, literally. the man is retarded. developmentally disabled, if you prefer, but developmentally disabled none the less.

If Stephen Hawking was a team player in a relay race at a track and field event, he would not pass the batton onto the next racer. Why? Because Stephen Hawking would convince himself that he already won the race without one of his team mates crossing the finish line. He himself has said that even if he found the theory of everything he would not share it because then what would there be left for anyone else to do.

So, if this retard Stephen Hawking ever did find what he thought was the answer to everything, he has already admitted he would not share it with anyone else. Now whether you like your teacher to keep seek writs ... i mean.. secrets or not is totally up to you.

...and I wonder if he ever considered that the "Government" is intentionally incompetent when it benefits their agenda...like when it comes to keeping track of a trillion dollars for instance...

It is easier to believe that the government is incompetent for many, especially when government officials and the main stream news talks to people at grade school levels.

we become convinced that they are soooo incompetent that we can't believe they would be able to keep such things seekwrit. where did that money go? oh, it never really existed in the first place? ok, lets give a few hundred billion of tax payers money interest free back to the banks who are too big to fail. wait ... didn't they fail? distractions...oh, look at that a big oil spill in the gulf

seek writ so sigh et
secret society

-et

edit on 19-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well he is considered one of the greatest astro physicists of our time and is highly respected by his peers but i suppose his disability can be harnessed to debunk or play down the fact that a man of his creditability and respectability is only considered retarded when making statements such as this and when he is seen to be adding more creditability to the possibility of highly advanced ET intelligencer's.He may be disabled but that in no way discredits his theory or his achievement's in the scientific world i feel.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Attempting to discredit Stephen Hawking by repeatedly calling him a "retard" is pretty childish and pathetic if you ask me...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

i am suggesting that our empathy for his disability blocks some measure of objectivity and our own critical thinking. who wants to tell one of the smartest men on the planet who is such physical condition that he is wrong?

and he has said multiple times that if he knew something that he thought answered everything that he would not share it with anyone else. i'm not sure if i agree with that premise of his.
maybe harboring secrets that great are not healthy, and add extra stress to his health. not to mention if he doesnt pass the batton onto us, why bother finishing the race without the batton?

we are all retarded (ignorant) about something, in my opinion.

-et

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

Attempting to discredit Stephen Hawking by repeatedly calling him a "retard" is pretty childish and pathetic if you ask me...

Stephen Hawking attempts to discredit "Old Hillbillies" stories of being abducted, calling people liars because he thinks they are simple minded. why didn't you stick up for the old hillbillies?

i was not attempting to discredit Stephen Hawking. i was attempting to discredit the fact that if he knew something of the greatest importance, by his own admission he would not share it with anyone.

how are we suppose to learn to move forward from such a discovery if the discovery is never shared?
that is retarded

Definition of RETARDED
sometimes offensive : slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress
]
By Stephen Hawkings own admission he concedes that if he discovered a theory for everything he doubts he would share it because then what would there be for anyone else to do.

this is an example of limiting intellectual development and academic progress. that is the context in which i meant he is retarded, by retarding humanity by not sharing what he knows.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: i changed something

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join