It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood of Noah caused by the oceans just like the movie 2012 SDH translation shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If any of you have been following jenneybee35 posts, she came across a Research group that has discovered the actual translation code for deciphering ancient Hebrew. This group (located here)
www.thechronicleproject.org...
Their findings on the book of Noah (Nakha) show a much more plausible cause of the destruction of mankind. In the translation posted (page 71) First I have the paraphrased English and then the word for word from the Hebrew below, which is in the Eastern sentence structure:

(Paraphrased)
On that day previously mentioned, everything visible on the Earth was cleaved away by the saltwater ocean and the strength of the skies were opened wide and the deluge came upon the Earth

(from the website)
Inside day the aforementioned, therefore to cleave being all that sight being continuing, the saltwater to supply.
And stamina the renowns therefore to open wide being.
And so to exist the deluge above the Earth.

Would a pole reversal have caused this, and if so, then we might be looking at a historical document and not a myth as we have been told. Why would a myth talk about the oceans, when an unlearned man would have believed the rain could have done it.
It is also interesting to note from the dead sea scrolls that the document...
The book of the giants
states that when the giants (offspring of the watchers and humans...see also the book of Enoch) learned of the coming flood, that they decided to build a monument as proof that they had existed. So they built something which would withstand the destruction. What is the only structure that could withstand the cleaving of the oceans...a pyramid. This is what they built, the first one explaining why it predates the Egyptian culture by several thousand years. Now people are stating the same occurrence is about to repeat.

What say

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
you could very well be onto something, it definitly merits more looking into.

i had bookmarked the the chronical project meaning to get back to it but now my nosiness has the better of me. thanks op

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

careful, its addicting. The more you look the more you find.

Their newsletters a kinda fun too.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
tell me about it im looking at the book 1 and its blowing me away.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The deluge is one of my favorite themes. A world wide flood is spoken of in more than 500 legends from different countries around the world.
I belive that in some parts of the world it may happened that the seas washed, even hole civilizations away.

Like this would the oceans look ,if the earth would stop to rotate.

assets.bigthink.com...

edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: brocken link

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

I know, its like everything here could be a new thread.
I'm getting people telling me I'm trolling for these guys, but come on, rarely do you get real clear info like this that's backed up by research. Plus they are in MY country and come on, when was the last time Canadians broke a conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

The Earth is travelling around the sun at approx. 67,000 miles per hour, which is roughly 30km per second. Simultaneously it is rotating at 1,038 mph, which is measured at the equator.

If the Earth suddenly stopped rotating, the atmosphere would remain in motion at 1,038 mph scorching the Earth's surface and destroying all life

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Noah's flood was caused by the Minoan earthquake, which opened up the Bosporus and allowed water to flood into a low lying plain and become what is now the Black Sea.
Noah's ark is reputedly on Mt Ararat in Turkey.
Poeple assume that because the story of Noah is in the Bible that it took place in or near ancient Palestine.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm glad you were there to witness that and clear that up for us.
I guess that part about being above ALL the mountains of the Earth in Noah must be inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
excellent find! S&F

I have read all the translations and I can tell you guys this will turn the biblical translations on its head.

It in my opinion confirms my belief that there were more than one God and reminds me of Zacharia Sitchen's book the 12th Planet. It would seem the stories are corroborated and make more sense to me now.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

Well the movie 2012 now has a direct comparison to the noah flood. Not every square mile of the earth was covered with water at the same time it went over it like a wave.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

This picture shows only how it would look in the absence of centrifugal force. How fast the planet slows down is not mentioned.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Are the chances of subterranean seas that rise up from the inside, combined with huge amounts of water in the atmosphere that fall down, and the melting glaciars at the end of the last ice age, so that the seas cover the hole planet in this scenario? Are there research results about this? Can someone share a link?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Try not to think that everything as it is now, was that way back then.
First, take away the present height variations of the Earth. A cataclysm could have radically raised or lower areas of the planets surface. So if pre flood everything was a lot flatter (as inland seas hint at) then a 10 percent shift in the Earth's rotation would be enough to plaster the whole surface. again understand that the water does not just flow off in ten minutes, but would continue in a surge over and over, distributing the water. It could take up to a year to re establish ocean placement and dry land.
Fossil records give hint to this kind of action.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'd love to know how they knew it was a worldwide flood instead of a local one when they weren't as organized as we are today.

Oh, that's right, God told them, my bad.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The gullibility of posters here is enough to make one cry.

There is not one iota of proof that these folk are onto anything.
People, they are conning you by making up the stuff you want to hear.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Is it not like with everything? In the end everyone does belive what he wants to belive.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

And you know this because you have the full research to back that claim. Right

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Good point!
A star for you.

Simple science tends to defeat people claiming that Biblical stories are factual. I love how this post that demolishes the OP is entirely ignored.

reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

Originally posted by shoulda taken the blue pi
I'm glad you were there to witness that and clear that up for us.

Well, it's hard for anyone to witness something that either didn't happen or was taken way out of proportion.

I guess that part about being above ALL the mountains of the Earth in Noah must be inaccurate.

I guess the whole thing is fairly inaccurate.

I'm not linguist, mathematician, or scholar but I'm quite sure this 'self defining Hebrew' thing is bunk. It doesn't have any scholarly basis nor has it been submitted into any linguistic or theological journal. It's subject to absolutely no review from the sort of people that could either confirm or deny it.

Also, why have you simply ignored the science of Griffo?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Did you know the story of Noah was inspired by the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Gilgamesh came first and he was awesome!!
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join