It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma Scores Big Win: Medicinal Herbs Will Disappear in EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I hope to hell we can fight this:

gaia-health.com...

Big Pharma has almost reached the finish line of its decades-long battle to wipe out all competition. As of 1 April 2011—less than eight months from now—virtually all medicinal herbs will become illegal in the European Union. The approach in the United States is a bit different, but it's having the same devastating effect. The people have become nothing more than sinks for whatever swill Big Pharma and Agribusiness choose to send our way, and we have no option but to pay whatever rates they want.

I use supplements and herbal medicine to treat all sorts including high blood pressure. I don't want to take Big Pharma's medicines because they don't always work and sometimes make you worse. Look at cancer. Using radiology etc to treat cancer does nothing but set you on a course of planned death. Best way to fight cancer would be supplements etc such as Vitamin B-17, Vitamin D, Calcium. Vitamin B-17 is the best if the cancer is caught early.

I'm going to stock up on my supplements and research more on herbal medicine. If Big Ass Pharma wants to make it illegal? Well then I'm a f**kin criminal!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

What a joke this is. I certainly hope Canada doesn't follow along with this. People are too into their pills when changes in diet, and exercise with a right mind set can do wonders. Everyone is too easily ready to swallow any pill the government says.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I cannot wrap my mind around how it's possible to pull something like this off. Herbs have been used for 200,000 years to get us where we are today. Big pharma has been around for less than one hundred years and is already responsible for poisoning millions of people to death.

How could people be so blind as to let this happen? Or did they let it happen? People have been fighting this move for almost a decade now , but to no avail. It will take WW3 and the whole planet being knocked off of the grid before the masses decide that returning to nature is the only way to save humanity.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"Executive Order 13544 (Codex Alimentarius?) signed June 10 by Obama"

dailypaul.com...

Takes some reading between the lines,but apparently this order has furthered the goal of bringing everything under compliance with Codex,which was due to go into effect in December of 2009 at one point,

It's a depressing situation,no doubt about it. It all comes down to money and letting people die for lack of healthy alternatives.

Do a search on ATS,I think there's been alot of info on this subject.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
you guys could always just move over here to the us. wouldn't be the first time english people fled to america to preserve their freedom... america isn't exactly free in my opinion, but at least we don't have cameras on every street corner and a carbon tax on our garbage.. we can also possess assault weapons. yeah, it's a little bit more free than england here in my opinion.. we also have plenty of "medicinal herbs"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Im with you there all the way pal,excuse my french but they are a pack of a WAN KERS of the highest order.Now they ban nature.This is codex in full effect.I have smuggled enough stuff in my day,they were the days,lol

Herbs that dont smell,not a problem

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm being dead serious when I say that if these b**tards take away my ability to heal myself naturally via herbs and nutritional supplements, I'll go postal on the whole lot of them.

You'll be seeing it on the news.. trust me, I won't go out without a fight.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Folks will have to just grow their own!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Ill be with you too!! They are starting to ramp up depopulation

lol

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: reptoid at window was running for camera and hit wrong key

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Be sure to wear a big ATS on your t-shirt so we'll know it's you!

I know, this is just totally wrong!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c

Ill be you too!! They are starting to ramp up depopulation

I wish you well and godspeed. This is a true injustuce and should be beaten out of the power crazy minds of them that propose it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is nuts, but there's a very good reason for medicinal herbs and supps becoming outlawed...

The herbalists didn't chuck huge cash backhanders at the bent politician who make policy, like Pharma does.

If they'd have thrown loads parties onboard their luxury boats, filled to the brim with coke, cash and hookers, we wouldn't be talking about this crap now.

They could learn a lot from these 'orrible bastard Pharma mafioso's.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I'm not about to get this site shutdown, but may wear a shirt with my screen name.

I'm so torn inside. Going over Malthas's papers about the rises in population .. I can see the point in some of these things.

The lower elite are greedy and they just want more $$$.

The higher elite are control freaks and they just want to steer "civilization" as they see fit.

Back to Malthas :

population rises geometrically: 1,2,4,8,16,32, etc..

food production rises arithmetically: 1,2,3,4,5, etc..

thus, the need for population control measures .. in theory.

What's not taken into consideration is human ingenuity. The agricultural revolution lead to increased numbers, leisure to create and innovate, etc.. The industrial revolution and later widespread use of cheap oil, lead to greatly increased productivity, and a population explosion.

The problem isn't necessarily a lack of resources: clean water, airable land, etc.. It's that control mechanisms are set in place so that the people who already have monopolies on industries can keep it that way. In doing so, the innovation is curbed, and our ability to feed us all is diminished.

Why? Greed is one factor. Another is eugenics. It seems the elite think, and perhaps correctly, that the best civilization is the one that is always striving. That if the people have it too well, they become gluttonous, and slothful .. lazy and weak. The lower IQ have higher fertility rates than the higher IQ. What we see now is both phenotypic and genotypic dysgenics.

Check these out:

Evidence for Phenotypic Dysgenics

&

Evidence for Genotypic Dysgenics

It's a terrible situation any which way you look at it, and as I first wrote ... I'm torn on what exactly is best for humanity and this rock which currently supports us.

My gut reaction is to chop off the heads of all those who would impose such laws, but ... I honestly don't know what the real threat is: humanity at large, or a few elite who are managing things. It seems this is just humanity doing it's thing, like always. Civilizations do collapse from time to time. Our population has never truly been stable to my knowledge. Time changes all..

edit on 19-9-2010 by unityemissions because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here is the actual EU directive for you guys I don't seen anywhere where it says that all herbal medicine will be withdrawn, it simply states that they must have scientific proof that the remedy is actually effective and safe to use. Not too much to ask I wouldn't have thought.
Also there seems to be an exception for products that have a long tradition of use

(5) The long tradition of the medicinal product makes it possible to reduce the need for clinical trials, in so far as the efficacy of the medicinal product is plausible on the basis of long-standing use and experience.

It's a long read and I haven't got to the bottom yet, but I don't think that this is at all what is being portrayed in the article linked to in the original post.

Eu Directive

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't know,when I read books like those "501 Places to Visit..." there are beautiful expanses of land that are uninhabited for miles and miles and miles.

What about that old saying,"Be fruitful and multiply"?

I think we have plenty of resources,but access to those resources is another matter altogether!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Remember who is doing those trials and what they stand to gain from their results! It's called Reading Between the Lines!

Now look at the Bigger Picture...what in the world is going on these days, anywhere, that is actually in anyone's best interest,aside from the interests of the "elite"?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

I don't know,when I read books like those "501 Places to Visit..." there are beautiful expanses of land that are uninhabited for miles and miles and miles.

Every parcel of this earth has been contaminated by the actions of human being to some extent. Some ecosystems are still somewhat stable for the time being, but you can bet that this won't be the case for all too many more decades.

What about that old saying,"Be fruitful and multiply"?

Time changes all. Even sayings which were once thought to hold great wisdom.

I think we have plenty of resources,but access to those resources is another matter altogether!

It's dependent on our level of technology and the spiritual progression of humanity. It seems to me pretty much the same percentage of people are altruistic, or psychopathic as has always been the case since the beginning of civilization. The technology has made production, and excavation more efficient and far-reaching, yet at the same time our numbers have gone through the roof. We're pretty much like a cancer on this earth since the agricultural revolution or so. Beginning around the industrial revolution we metastasized, and now the body is starting it's downward decay. Her body is much more powerful than us as a cancer, and the earth will carry on without us, but we need her to survive, atm. We are our own worst enemy on so many levels.

Just look to how many species are thought to have become extinct since the industrial revolution, and what percentage are thought to be wiped out by the end of the century. We are too damned ignorant and arrogant to survive the coming ecosystem collapses without drastic repercussions for most everyone. Sure, the mega-corporations aren't helping much, but ultimately it's up to humanity as a whole to step up, educate their selves, and move forward wisely. This has yet to be seen.

In all actuality, the wisest saying of the day could be more like, "look around, and realize your inevitable demise". Some of our children will certainly make it through, but our numbers will be much less. This I'm certain of.

edit on 19-9-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

That maybe true, but if that were the case I wouldn't have expected them to include a clause stating that if a medicine is "Traditional" and had been in use for a number of years then they wouldn't have to perform the tests. Why wouldn't they just say ALL herbals have to be tested.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by Davespanners

it simply states that they must have scientific proof that the remedy is actually effective and safe to use. Not too much to ask I wouldn't have thought.

Government has every right to protect the public from the dangerous-toxic natural remedies. E.g. The Tudor use of liquid mercury, to treat certain diseases.
But (as a matter of freedom) ,remedies should only be banned for being dangerous, not for simply being untested.

We can only be classed as free individuals if the reason for a medical ban (or ban of anything else), is for it being known to be dangerous (rather than for simply arousing, nanny-state paranoia, for lacking the correct totalitarian -Eu paperwork).

Has anyone thought of the needless animal experiments, which are going to be performed in order to certify e.g. a certain mixture of bark-clay, and sulphur is safe?

Why wouldn't they just say ALL herbals have to be tested.

Because most people, seem to think that (in a better world) the EU wouldn’t be so corrupt as to use the “public health” concern, as a reason for curtailing how free we are, and for the unclear purpose of responding to drug industry lobbying-corruption (so that it can advance its market share).
Any natural enemy, of government dictatorship, will instinctively oppose the idea of banning things for being unknown (rather than being dangerous). The fact you don’t seem particular on-side with this particular strain of thought, is (in my view) an explanation for how someone, could support, the EU overall.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

But (as a matter of freedom) ,remedies should only be banned for being dangerous, not for simply being untested.

So your saying that any chemical or plant should be legally allowed to be sold as medication until some people die from it and then it should be banned.

What terrible affects do you expect from feeding animals herbs?

Or is your point that you would much rather humans died as part of the testing then a little fluffy bunny?

edit on 19-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join