It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else hearing this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Maybe you got yourself a Taos Hum going on where you live???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know its called a Taos Hum but may people from all over the worl report hearing the same kind of humming sounds...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All very interesting posts, well, currently I am not hearing the sound, and i did have my cell phone charger plugged in all night. I heard it yesterday, while at work, and it continued all through my day, even as I finished my last post and went to bed last night. There are no energy saving bulbs in our home, just a couple sitting in a junk drawer which we never kept using. My wife and I didn't like the way they lit up a room, and as a pet peeve, didn't like the start ups on them. I am going to start making a mental note of when I begin experiencing the whistle, and when It stops.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
. There are no energy saving bulbs in our home, just a couple sitting in a junk drawer which we never kept using. My wife and I didn't like the way they lit up a room, and as a pet peeve,

in the UK they have stopped manufacturing bulbs only energy savers.

honestly i think the best post is the high blood pressure one...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I didn't experience the whistle all day, until 10:30 PM eastern time. Its still going.

edit on 20-9-2010 by jymmyjaymes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have also been hearing a humming sound in the last week or so. i have heard humming sounds before, but they seem to be higher pitched and seem to fade in then out. lately though, iv been hearing a lower pitched humming that sort of bursts in. i hear it in the evening while sitting outside on my porch, i had my earphones on. it was different than the humming i have heard before, and was much louder, so i thought it was something outside and took my earphones off. i couldn't quite tell where it was coming from, so i plugged my ears, and it seamed to be coming from inside my head. iv never heard a humming sound like that, it stopped as suddenly as it started. very strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Do you have a light set up next to your computer? I ask, because I was a dispatcher for a time and the light on my desk would cause a sort of interference with my headset. No one else could hear it but me but it drove me crazy and woud ultimately give me a headache.

I think some of us just hear things on different frequencies. I would definately compare the environments you are in when you hear it to look for any similarities. While you are hearing it, I would go around and turn off everything electronic.

One question: Do you still hear it when you plug your ears? If so, then the chances of it being tinitus are much greater. One other question: do you have metal filling? Sometimes people can experience a resonation from them....it could be fixed by having them changed to a plastic filling!

edit on 21-9-2010 by westcoast because: to add a question!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
florescent bulbs also make a hum.

im not sure if too many people here know how electricity works.

ac which is in your homes. runs on a frequency of 60hz in the usa and 50hz elsewhere.

those are low frequency. something you would expect from a sub woofer.

all electronic devices emit a frequency. some are audible some are not.

look up conversion from ac to dc. then you will see why cfl bulbs make a noise. nothing sinister there.

but what i would look for more is.

fcc rule 15.

that is where it becomes sinister to me.

a good site to read on electricity and get some free is overunity.com.

hell i have a short in my lightswitch. i havent fixed it yet.

it hums around 17khz. quite loud and annoying.

that is just the switch. no cfl's in that fixture.

also if you have a dimmer you will notice the same thing.

hell even look at your fridge. they hum too at high frequencies. that is a sign the motor is burning out.

where do you hear the hum? do you hear it where ever you go? outside and inside?

led's range from 28khz to 33khz. just outside of adult hearing ranges.

if you can give me more info on where you hear the sounds i may be able to help you.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I apparently have tinnitus, I have been subject to this constant High sound in my ears for about eight years now. However in the last two months, it has gotten louder.
I also cant sleep for $hit either.. rather maddening..
No whistling sounds though.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I don't have abything set up any differently than I did before this began. Same at work. It comes and goes, no matter where I am. No light next to our PC, a lamp approx 6 feet away (standard bulb) nothing new here either. I am interested in closing off my ears though. That is a great dea, sort of a way to trouble shoot just where the source is coming from, my ears or something else external. I will try that as soon as the whistle starts up again.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

yes, i can still hear it when i plug my ears. no, i do not have a light set up next to my computer, however i do have a candle lit. i was just curious cause the hum sounded different from hums i have heard in the past. i suppose it could have been something in my surroundings.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I started hearing a high pitch hiss noise one year ago.
Is the loudest when I first wake up in the mornings. Like you,
the noise seems to come from outside the body. When I sit
in a bath tub of water, it is less of a hiss noise. I never heard
any hiss before a year ago. I was thinking, that is about the time they
started testing that atom collider. At my job they did hearing checks
once a year. My hearing was normal for my age. No clue to
what the hiss noise is from. I wish it would stop.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
as i type,i am hearing it and been hearing it since childhood.I have had ear exams and was told all good.lately it doesnt drown in the background.before i would just forget about it,now it seems hard to ignore and can drown other sounds. i have learned to live with it,no meds.

Some people are born with hearing sounds on higher or frequencies. Usually people can hear most things younger because the hearing is sharper but some people can hear noise that others usually can't. It's rare but it can happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
what's with all the double posts? Is it because I am so great?

edit on 22/9/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
Honestly is that true..i see no warnings on the packaging...

Yhea, it turns out it's mostly the mercury that is the problem...

CFLs, like all fluorescent lamps, contain small amounts of mercury[42][43] as vapor inside the glass tubing. Most CFLs contain 3–5 mg per bulb, with some brands containing as little as 1 mg.[44][45] Because mercury is poisonous, even these small amounts are a concern for landfills and waste incinerators where the mercury from lamps may be released and contribute to air and water pollution. In the U.S., lighting manufacturer members of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) have voluntarily capped the amount of mercury used in CFLs.[46] In the EU the same cap is required by the RoHS law.
wiki

It's a vapour so that's a perfect form to breath in... I think it's most likely to be dangerous to the people handling these things on mass like manufacture or disposal, but still I would not recommend cracking into one.

edit on 22/9/2010 by Now_Then because: BBcode is hard

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Does it sound like the ships in the original "war of the worlds" movie? Not saying its space ships, but is the sound the same?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdruid

no, it's closer to the "sound grenade" app on the I Phones or Droid Phones. Kind of piercing in sound

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Are you talking about the mysterious hum. I am hearing it, it sounds as if something is vibrating somewhere in the ear. My description of it is that a whine glass is singing. I only hear it at night. I can really hear it right now and it hard to ignore. Cass County, MN.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Have you tried replacing the batteries in your smoke alarms? I find that helps.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
reply to post by cyberdruid

no, it's closer to the "sound grenade" app on the I Phones or Droid Phones. Kind of piercing in sound

there you go, i have that ap on my phone and i can tell that it is a pitch within the range of 10,000 - 15,000. hz

so we can conclude that either it is in your head or it is electronic,

no solid item would produce such a high frequency simply from resonating.

do you agree it is louder then the 10,000 hz here >

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I would have to say its the 9000 hz frequency range, that is a big help on what it sounds like. Thanks

edit on 27-9-2010 by jymmyjaymes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join